Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have it and with my luck it will be watter, but i'm hope for something cool like fire or lightning.
that would be cool or it could be a type of shield ;D
??? Ring zOMG! Head Start Ticket
Qixter posted that it would be a minor buff ring, but there is nothing definite. The ??? is so that it can be changed up until the final moments before release. Even if its +1 to all your stats, that will be a nice bonus to start out with, if you have one when the game is released. Check the box, you know im ready for zOMG!
Hope Fully it's cool

Beloved Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
??? Ring
1.yes I do

2. You really wana know? here then. (more in the quoteatorium)

Qixter's Profile
1) The "???" ring : Well, that was kind of me underestimating the power of a 5-million-strong community. I've given Marketing items to giveaway for products previously and it's never been quite the big deal that it is here on Gaia. Why? It's all because of the size of the community. Most pre-launch games have communities of 100K or smaller, and a giveaway doesn't have that big of an impact. So I didn't detail out what the "???" ring did for two main reasons: a) I wanted the flexibility to change it to the very last second so that we could use it as a "filler" ring after we playtested a bit, and b) I really didn't think it would make quite the stir that it did. (Underestimating the "collectability" angle was my error.)

Qixter
It's not quite a "joke" ring...but it's also not very powerful. I anticipate that after the first day or so of gaming, you probably will obsolete that ring in favor of more powerful ones that you find along the way.

You might keep it until you get eight rings...but probably not after that.

It'll still retain some value as the "first ring" (collector's item), but as far as game value goes...it's not all that.

Qixter's Profile
The details of the "???" ring will be revealed during Beta.

I didn't say "Summer of 2008". Our PR department said that. Now I have to go find out the *very last* day of Summer so I don't make them liars.

Qixter
Try not to be annoyed. We sincerely do NOT want to annoy you folks with this.

Because of the way it's balanced as a very minor buff, we were hoping that it would just be seen as "cool". It's certainly not unbalancing. I took great effort to make sure that wouldn't be the case.

It's just...neat. That's all. I guess we'll have to either a) never do this kind of thing again, or b) do lots more of these things so that it doesn't matter as much.

I dunno. What would you prefer?
I've got three (but two are for some friends of mine)

It'll probably be something simple, like raising evasion slightly or something.
??? Ring
I had predicted that it would be something not too powerful since it's the first promotional ring... something that would give others a nice little boost but bot too much of an advantage... ^^ (it won't let me show off my headstart ticket! crying )
Qixter
I've changed my tune on the ??? ring a bit. It's not so insignificant of a buff any longer. It's still not as useful as many other rings, but I think the people that have it will be happy they have it.

To confirm for the original post...yes...it's a ring for the MMO.

And there you go.
I have yet to get one, but i'm saving up.
Got me a ring on my avi lol.

Fashionable Elder

7,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
I have one mainly because im doing a log for all the rings for myself since im doing customary classes thing in the mmo.

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
i have a ring but i don't think im gonna keep it long based on the fact its only a minor buff

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Like the pokemon move metrenome.
That would be fun. Just a random ring every time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff