Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Hoarder

I have never made it to Kam on my own. the one time I got to kill her, I was invited in when the crew was already there, so I could get attuned, then to my surprise and delight we went on to do the whole thing.

After that I rarely managed to get my crew even to green, making me wonder if I suck as a leader. sweatdrop But I think the biggest problem is just the length of time it takes. It doesn't help that you fairly often have to find a replacement crew, and this is especially hard late at night.

Probably the best thing is to be a replacement, lol, in a crew that's already far along!

IRL Vampire

RafiCat
I have never made it to Kam on my own. the one time I got to kill her, I was invited in when the crew was already there, so I could get attuned, then to my surprise and delight we went on to do the whole thing.

After that I rarely managed to get my crew even to green, making me wonder if I suck as a leader. sweatdrop But I think the biggest problem is just the length of time it takes. It doesn't help that you fairly often have to find a replacement crew, and this is especially hard late at night.

Probably the best thing is to be a replacement, lol, in a crew that's already far along!
You're an amazing healer heart

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
RafiCat

One thing you also need to remember is that it was still pretty early going then and we were all still finding our feet in DMS.
And stumbling over them a lot when you get right down to it. wink

Everybody's gotten better and stronger and we'll be a lot better prepared to support you when you get back than we were then.

Still, I happen to agree with you re: being a replacement vs trying to go all the way through.
Unless you have a huge amount of time (just finished a run with a decent Crew (not great, but decent) and it took us over two hours to clear 14 Yellow rooms).
Green Rooms take longer and 100%/Kam takes even longer.
If you haven't got a Crew that's in it for the long haul, it could be a brutal process, and I almost think that Kam may create a new form of co-operation in zOMG! where we see people setting up "Hand-off" Topics, where people could swap in and out of runs in order to keep them alive and let people get to Kam without the 8-10-12 hour investment of time that so few can really devote to a game.

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
It seems the biggest factor working against me getting to kill Kamila is time. Time is the hugest factor against us all. Normally I can only get on from about 10pm to 2am PST that's because I get on after work. That's a 4hr time frame to get from the shortcut to GR and into the HPR and then to Kamila. If I get asked to join a crew at 1am then I would only have an hour left to help them out and feel bad that I would have to leave because as much as I would love to deprive myself of sleep I really shouldn't for the sake of my own good health.
I can't really TinyChat or Skype even if it just the voice chat because when I get on at night my parents are sleep and I don't want to wake them and also it lags my computer to all hell if I have one of those kinds of programs running in the background. So yeah....

Mega Hoarder

Aseres
RafiCat

aw, thanks!

and thanks for teaching me - I never would have done it without that help. xd

IRL Vampire

WideEyed
RafiCat

One thing you also need to remember is that it was still pretty early going then and we were all still finding our feet in DMS.
And stumbling over them a lot when you get right down to it. wink

Everybody's gotten better and stronger and we'll be a lot better prepared to support you when you get back than we were then.

Still, I happen to agree with you re: being a replacement vs trying to go all the way through.
Unless you have a huge amount of time (just finished a run with a decent Crew (not great, but decent) and it took us over two hours to clear 14 Yellow rooms).
Green Rooms take longer and 100%/Kam takes even longer.
If you haven't got a Crew that's in it for the long haul, it could be a brutal process, and I almost think that Kam may create a new form of co-operation in zOMG! where we see people setting up "Hand-off" Topics, where people could swap in and out of runs in order to keep them alive and let people get to Kam without the 8-10-12 hour investment of time that so few can really devote to a game.
Rafi wasn't a replacement btw: We made the group just for her, it was meant as a surprise for her... because that's how awesome she is heart

IRL Vampire

RafiCat
Aseres
RafiCat

aw, thanks!

and thanks for teaching me - I never would have done it without that help. xd
You wooulldd haveee! It may have taken a day or two more, but you're amazing Rafi heart

Opinionated Bookworm

I don't have skype so I have to stick with abusing my fingers.
But then again, I haven't killed Kamilla yet stare

Destructive Bunny

My skype lags zOMG and sometimes crashe my wifi connection alltogether. It is a lot of fun though so I will try again when I have more stable connection.

However I have done Kam first form without it, the crew just has to explain it's plan of action before hand and drop directions as we progress.

GR is more an intuitive thing, once you've been with a crew long enough you know when to heal/tape/attack.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff