Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

shadowfox AnDe
BU is supposed to carry attacks and heal the tank/kit/aggro. but we both know that person was worthless as a BU and a player. it almost made me laugh that he thought he didnt need ANY attacks. but in the end that left 4 people to do the fighting while our tank/kit/aggro (who was very awesome like you said) was trying not to die. i was BUBU and i did more healing than our BU did even when i almost lagged out multi times. people like him are the reason i quit DMS. they think they know everything cause they read a forum post about it but never actually tried. seems like a waist of time to even crew him if you ask me. but it was all for a good cause and ill go again if need be. just know my ignore list will keep growing XD
sadly, last nights BU thought some buffs where not important enough to redo when crew members died. and then stood around for most of GR while tank/kit/aggro was doing her thing and i was forced to fight lag and keep her alive. i made the joke that if i was BUBU i should take off my attacks too and leech like our BU but not everyone got that one. and yes, tank/kit/aggro nearly died a few times cause BU did nothing. she was damn good at her job but BU needs to do theirs or the crew will fail.

⇢ I know this is kind of irrelevant to the topic but for future reference, the "kit"is called a kite(runs back and forth with aggro of the monsters) and a tank takes the damage of monsters but usually doesn't run around a lot. Aggro isn't really a role in dms, it's just hate you get from monsters.

It's not that important but I figured I'd clear that up for you since you can stick with one correct term instead of tank/kit/aggro.

Supportive Friend

b0nerita
shadowfox AnDe
BU is supposed to carry attacks and heal the tank/kit/aggro. but we both know that person was worthless as a BU and a player. it almost made me laugh that he thought he didnt need ANY attacks. but in the end that left 4 people to do the fighting while our tank/kit/aggro (who was very awesome like you said) was trying not to die. i was BUBU and i did more healing than our BU did even when i almost lagged out multi times. people like him are the reason i quit DMS. they think they know everything cause they read a forum post about it but never actually tried. seems like a waist of time to even crew him if you ask me. but it was all for a good cause and ill go again if need be. just know my ignore list will keep growing XD
sadly, last nights BU thought some buffs where not important enough to redo when crew members died. and then stood around for most of GR while tank/kit/aggro was doing her thing and i was forced to fight lag and keep her alive. i made the joke that if i was BUBU i should take off my attacks too and leech like our BU but not everyone got that one. and yes, tank/kit/aggro nearly died a few times cause BU did nothing. she was damn good at her job but BU needs to do theirs or the crew will fail.

⇢ I know this is kind of irrelevant to the topic but for future reference, the "kit"is called a kite(runs back and forth with aggro of the monsters) and a tank takes the damage of monsters but usually doesn't run around a lot. Aggro isn't really a role in dms, it's just hate you get from monsters.

It's not that important but I figured I'd clear that up for you since you can stick with one correct term instead of tank/kit/aggro.

yeah i know, but with so many people reading forums and thinking they know everything about DMS without ever really playing it they change that title so much i just run with all three so there is no confusion about who im talking about. in short its the person running around and trying not to die while healing themselves

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Nothing you can really do except make your own crew next time so that they don't have the option to kick people.

Mon's Pardner

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
suprised people are still doing this sort of BU role o:
emotion_facepalm -some of the reasons why i stopped doing random crews=

Nishishazima's Significant Otter

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
xXDaRk_AnGeLXx XD
xXSatansHomicidalManiacXx
Wow I am really surprised this is your first leech. I have been doing GR for a long time and I have multiple DMS leeches. Both GR and YM (as well as some crypt and BL). But the usual set for bu would be wish, bandi, fitness or integ with 5 attacks (Unless you are going into crypt and there are bats) but usually you do not need it unless tank demands it. Otherwise the bu should always have attacks.

(I had a worse crew than that. I had 3 bu/bubu's. The tank had scaredy cat and absolutely no tank rings. One of the bu's wasnt supposed to be a bu. We gave them another set of rings and they refused to get them and continued on and no one noticed until somewhere in HPR. Then we also realized that they were not attacking. We told them to attack multiple times and they did squat. They moved but just followed. We only had 2 people attacking and i was one of them. As well as no one had equipped ghi amps except me and the bubu.) Me and my 2 friends ended up RQ in the end.

yeah i've had a few frequent brb'ers and such but this guy would actually move and talk and buff...just very rarely fought in ym
And in gr he was even lazier o.o
Usually the only thing in zomg i'll rq on is smob or smeb...i just REALLY hate shallow seas o.o
Once i do join a crew i TRY to stick with them, but yeah if it was that bad i can't blame you one bit for that rq o.o

and what is even worse about that crew was that the whole run was like this but it finally occurred to me that there was a leech and none of us had noticed it. But even me explaining it can't explain how terrible that crew was. I usually like to stick with my crews (unless i know i just accidentally joined into a newb crew and i was supposed to join with friends or I run with them for a few and they have absolutely no clue what they are doing and there is no way of training them.) Now it has gotten to the point on gaia where there are nubs that were 10's before they left on however long hiatus they went on and are now coming back to discover there is something called DMS and all the newer gaians who were experienced at GR, BL, HPR, and crypt have now gone on their hiatus until this site ends up running itself completely into the ground to a point where there is no return.

Omnipresent Warlord

I thought we were done with no attacks bu in DMS I guess we were wrong. I've done buing without any attacks and I was bored to tears.

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
That's what the kick button's for emotion_awesome No attacks on bu...wow, that's kicking it old-school dms style. Like back in the days of the amulets. The only rare time I see bu's without attacks are for super green newbie kiting lessons, when the bu and crew fully expect the tank to die and bu takes over tanking. (and bubu gets bumped up to bu).

Obsessive Cutesmasher

18,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
If I was leader and they leeched the whole ym, I would have kicked them before even going into grs. I wouldn't care if they were bu or not. If they had that set the whole time, that's rather sad. It sounds like they just wanted an excuse to skype with friends and afk. Even in old school dms I still brought at least one attack with me when doing bu. Honestly I don't know what sets are used in dms now compared to when I did it regularly when dms first opened. But if someone stam is not moving the entire run whether they have heals or attacks, doesn't matter, that's leeching and deserves a kick. I know it's mean, but if someone rather skype or afk the whole time, they shouldn't do the dms run. Tank can kind of leech with ym, but a bu? lol Hmm actually if I was leader, I could of assigned them as tank, then let them afk, daze them, move onto next room, hide have then daze again, and then kick them from crew. You could have had so much fun with them. But no reason to get upset, just learn to be creative with leechers and have fun with zomg.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff