Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Yes, there have been guides and whatnot where people have explored the rings that may work best, but this formula does not apply to everyone. Some people have a strong ringset that works well especially with the right crew...and why does it work well? Because the user knows how to effectively use the rings and beat the heck out of monsters.

So, I challenged the weak minded formula ruled people...As example, my rings work as is, I have flexibility of two rings, and only those two because i trust myself to be a back up in case a healer has issues or someone doesn't keep a buff on r4 or whatever it is that happens, I have tested the ringset that works best for me in the best intrests of any crew.

Many good and strong crews have I been with. True my level is not yet high...why? because as many crews i have worked with, my play time is limited with time restrictions. However, I see a big issue of "leaders" trying to change a crew member's entire ring set just because they memorized the magical formula that "works" and the crew later falls apart and fails :/

Leaders who can use the members' strengths are the ones who lead crews to victory, not by formulas, but by being flexible and working with what they have.

Now, the meat issue >:3 weak leaders force their members without seeing how well a mamber does with what they know works within their own set. You would not assing cat to someone who tells you quite plainly that they are not good with using it, would you? Same applies for any other ring. If a member has a strong ringset without something like meat, you should test them out and see how the crew works BEFORE you snap at them and get cocky enough to kick them. True, there are some rings that do NOT work at ALL in DMS, and those should be pointed out...but to change someone's strong set just because you said so and not because it works....that is bad leadership skills Meat is a good tool, yes, but for someone who has alternatives, it is a throwback that will cost lives. You must know your crew before you judge your members based on formula.

A member's worth is not in the TYPE of rings, but in their profiiency with their ring set.
A leader's worth is not in ordering people to follow a formula blindly, but in working with what you have and utilizing the strengths of your crew.

/end lesson

So, who's up for a crew? >:3 those of you who have crewed with me, know how well I do with what I have...anyone else want to learn how strong a member can be without something so trivial as Meat? I dare you to try and find out it works well enough ;o

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
We always have four rings of our own choice and leave four slots open for the crew leader to choose what they want.

It's about flexibility.

We've seen crews fail from lack of communication more than the rings that the crew is using.

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
AterAliquis
We always have four rings of our own choice and leave four slots open for the crew leader to choose what they want.

It's about flexibility.

We've seen crews fail from lack of communication more than the rings that the crew is using.
indeed, but if certain members have a combination that works, you need to be able to preserve it as well

i have even started my own crews, especially on those open days when DMS is free for eevryone, the newer people don't even have enough buffs on cl10...so there is very little flexibility in that, nevertheless we all made it work and the crew actually did pretty well for beginners

working as a team to solve those issues and work around restrictions is how crews do well, not by dictating "you must have this one ring or else" it doesnt work that way...what if a member doesnt even have that ring? but can do perfectly well withut it and said ring is not even all that necessary?

this is where listening works too XD but somepeople like to dictate rather than think and listen

Desirable Cat

I thought you were really fun to crew with. X3 That being said though, the issue of meat doesn't just effect you, it effects your crew members as well. For the most part, I'd like my crew members not to drop below a certain health level, if they get there, I start spamming r2/3/4 whatever raged wish I can to bring them and the rest of the crew back up. If you have meat, you have a higher range between that certain health level. You can heal yourself using bandage or diagnose, but it just doesn't cut it in forms of healing when you're already at a disadvantage and things such as the time it takes for it to heal you(bandage) or the time it takes for it to reload(diagnose). I know, I spent my first few weeks of DMS w/out a meat ring and got to level 10.9 without it. It CAN be done, but not without a dedicated crew and members who know how to use wish and use it well to keep you alive. If your crew members aren't paying attention to healing, and are focusing their stamina on fighting, you could die because your self-heal doesn't work fast enough, or worse, you're also out of stamina. I think it's just the issue is that you're the most likely one to die first, notwithstanding screwups w/in the crew like sitting in battle, laziness or aggroing all the animated.

I understand wanting to keep your "perfect" ringset. However, from my experience, just starting to play DMS, I've had that knocked right out of me. Because our old standby rings sometimes don't cut it in DMS, and are not efficient in some cases. We need to readjust in order to form a better crew and more successful run. Meat isn't a selfish ring. It's a ring to give you extra padding and protection, and will also allow your crewmates to focus more of their stamina on fighting than healing you. It shouldn't be the end-all/kick out, but it is pretty important and helpful. Some even only use it when preparing to fight the harder animated to pull aggro onto themselves and help out the strategy the crew will follow. I won't kick somebody without meat, however, because I KNOW it can be done. That's why I bring both wish and bandage, just incase that member's health starts dropping too fast and nobody else is healing effectively. You can't always count on that kind of dedication in a crew though.

If nothing else, good luck in your meatlessness. I know you can do it if you work hard and have a good dedicated crew. Hopefully you won't run into any more assholes insisting on rings or trying to force you to change up your whole style. If it truly works best for you, that's swell. Though keep in mind meat is so easy to use. Just pop it on either r1 or at best r4, and you got that extra coat of health to help keep you alive longer. ^^;

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
You can actually come up with some good Meat substitutes. Often in yellow maze farming crews where everyone is a high CL, I will put on FF instead of Meat. Aside from the thing that everyone knows about it, it gives the single highest dodge boost in game. So FF= more drops & less hits.

As a crew leader I expect 2 things from my crew members in DMS
1) They all carry at least 1 healing ring. I don't mind too much which one it is, though will discourage lower CL players from bringing Diagnose as it increases their chances of grabbing aggro. A healing ring is great so you can rage for buffs & also just so everyone can look out for everyone else's HP. Even if you have a crew healer, it's still important to have some extra healing power to keep yourself alive

2) They have 3 free slots for buff/CC/debuff assigning. They don't even need to have all the buffs, as long as they let me know about it, but do need to not fill their ring-build up with other things.

Other than that, go nuts! I'm still trying to perfect my build for different roles by trying out some different things. Especially in the yellow maze, there is a lot of flexibility about what is an acceptable set. Even in green maze, I've seen experienced kiters/CCers/DPS carry quite different builds & that's fine. Even with Bloodlust Kam, successful crews have had different strategies & builds for taking her out.

You may be on the verge of discovering an awesome build that no-one knows about.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
What is the ringset you use?

Relentless Glitch

Soy.

That is all.

In a relationship with b e a r y t o r t e

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
everyone is different. simple as that

Beloved Lunatic

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I usually carry seven rings I always use since I know how to use them well, and one slot open for...whatever the situation demands.

Problem is too many leaders I've crewed with always seem to confuse my role. They see me sporting hack and slash, they tell me to tank. Then they get mad just because I lured enemies in with Hornet's Nest or Adrenaline (due to their good range), then hacked them up when they get close.

Needless to say, I continued and got kicked out due to their assumptions. =(

Popular Noob

I really hate it when people refuse to do what they're told to do. If you have a problem with how other leaders run their crews, set up your own.
neutral

Also, it depends on the situation but I do not crew with anyone who refuses to take off a certain ring to get a buff/debuff/crowd control because another player would have to pick that up. It's not fair to anyone else that one person can get what they want. I usually just kick that person because I can, and will find someone who will listen. Like I said, make your own crew. It's not that damn hard.

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Gaspard Osmond
I usually carry seven rings I always use since I know how to use them well, and one slot open for...whatever the situation demands.

Problem is too many leaders I've crewed with always seem to confuse my role. They see me sporting hack and slash, they tell me to tank. Then they get mad just because I lured enemies in with Hornet's Nest or Adrenaline (due to their good range), then hacked them up when they get close.

Needless to say, I continued and got kicked out due to their assumptions. =(
i'd crew with you ;o i can see why they are concerned though...maybe we help you find a stronger combo to suit your style :3

if anything tha whole point of DMS is a challenge XD so it's fun to explore all the possibilities rather than the "easy" way out...dictatorships are boring :c

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
KoaIa Bear
I really hate it when people refuse to do what they're told to do. If you have a problem with how other leaders run their crews, set up your own.
neutral

Also, it depends on the situation but I do not crew with anyone who refuses to take off a certain ring to get a buff/debuff/crowd control because another player would have to pick that up. It's not fair to anyone else that one person can get what they want. I usually just kick that person because I can, and will find someone who will listen. Like I said, make your own crew. It's not that damn hard.
agreed, although if a leader doesn't listen to reason and try to find a reasonable solution, it makes for a weak party :[

i personally have no issues until they start saying i have to change integrity for meat, as an example. As i have tested for my character's ghi absorbtion, having two passive rings that boost health and stamina regen (along with the added effects of r4 halo and divinity) makes for better than more health

as my character has grown regenerating health and stamina is more important in keeping me alive (i use up a lot of stamina with attacks even with r4 and occasional healths when i see members are falling low in health, so regen is important to me)

whereas meat only gives you more hp, it doesn't help regenerating those hit points, nor does it help stamina regen (which, i stress again, is very important if i am going to be of any use in a crew) and using it, i have often died...without it, i last longer and do more damage to monsters

aside from the fact that two passive rings makes for one less thing for me to worry about and i can use stamina to heal and attack rather than using it for my own purposes

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Owlie
What is the ringset you use?

1. diagnose

2. open buff slot

3. solar reys (obvious necesity)

4. hack (obvious necessity)

5. hot foot (not to be r4, this used as long distance while solar recharges)

6. open buff slot

7. and 8. fitness and integrity (have i tried taking fitness out and using meat? yes, this is why i know the combo works better for me than meat)

and i can defend every one of my choices...although after having tested, i am wanting to close slot 2 for adrenaline (but that depends on whether someone else in the crew has it...though it is VERY useful r4 while the crew jumps in for the kill, that includes myself)

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Nissa chan
I thought you were really fun to crew with. X3 That being said though, the issue of meat doesn't just effect you, it effects your crew members as well. For the most part, I'd like my crew members not to drop below a certain health level, if they get there, I start spamming r2/3/4 whatever raged wish I can to bring them and the rest of the crew back up. If you have meat, you have a higher range between that certain health level. You can heal yourself using bandage or diagnose, but it just doesn't cut it in forms of healing when you're already at a disadvantage and things such as the time it takes for it to heal you(bandage) or the time it takes for it to reload(diagnose). I know, I spent my first few weeks of DMS w/out a meat ring and got to level 10.9 without it. It CAN be done, but not without a dedicated crew and members who know how to use wish and use it well to keep you alive. If your crew members aren't paying attention to healing, and are focusing their stamina on fighting, you could die because your self-heal doesn't work fast enough, or worse, you're also out of stamina. I think it's just the issue is that you're the most likely one to die first, notwithstanding screwups w/in the crew like sitting in battle, laziness or aggroing all the animated.

I understand wanting to keep your "perfect" ringset. However, from my experience, just starting to play DMS, I've had that knocked right out of me. Because our old standby rings sometimes don't cut it in DMS, and are not efficient in some cases. We need to readjust in order to form a better crew and more successful run. Meat isn't a selfish ring. It's a ring to give you extra padding and protection, and will also allow your crewmates to focus more of their stamina on fighting than healing you. It shouldn't be the end-all/kick out, but it is pretty important and helpful. Some even only use it when preparing to fight the harder animated to pull aggro onto themselves and help out the strategy the crew will follow. I won't kick somebody without meat, however, because I KNOW it can be done. That's why I bring both wish and bandage, just incase that member's health starts dropping too fast and nobody else is healing effectively. You can't always count on that kind of dedication in a crew though.

If nothing else, good luck in your meatlessness. I know you can do it if you work hard and have a good dedicated crew. Hopefully you won't run into any more assholes insisting on rings or trying to force you to change up your whole style. If it truly works best for you, that's swell. Though keep in mind meat is so easy to use. Just pop it on either r1 or at best r4, and you got that extra coat of health to help keep you alive longer. ^^;
i loved that crew heart we each had our specialized tasks and were coordinated...we totally owned those cave emotion_kirakira i am sad i couldn't stay longer emo

and thanks >:3 *is death incarnate*

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Zzyli
You can actually come up with some good Meat substitutes. Often in yellow maze farming crews where everyone is a high CL, I will put on FF instead of Meat. Aside from the thing that everyone knows about it, it gives the single highest dodge boost in game. So FF= more drops & less hits.

As a crew leader I expect 2 things from my crew members in DMS
1) They all carry at least 1 healing ring. I don't mind too much which one it is, though will discourage lower CL players from bringing Diagnose as it increases their chances of grabbing aggro. A healing ring is great so you can rage for buffs & also just so everyone can look out for everyone else's HP. Even if you have a crew healer, it's still important to have some extra healing power to keep yourself alive

2) They have 3 free slots for buff/CC/debuff assigning. They don't even need to have all the buffs, as long as they let me know about it, but do need to not fill their ring-build up with other things.

Other than that, go nuts! I'm still trying to perfect my build for different roles by trying out some different things. Especially in the yellow maze, there is a lot of flexibility about what is an acceptable set. Even in green maze, I've seen experienced kiters/CCers/DPS carry quite different builds & that's fine. Even with Bloodlust Kam, successful crews have had different strategies & builds for taking her out.

You may be on the verge of discovering an awesome build that no-one knows about.
i haven't gotten very far yet, since i normally dont have much time to stick around, but in all the different crews, i have switched around my familiar set just to see what work, there are at least 3 i covet most, but after trying all that leaders have tossed at me, i find what i can handle :/ i dunno maybe it's impatience and the need to kill monsters that has formed my set as is XD but it does work....even if it leaves room for only two open slots (i am only willing to open a third slot depending on how the leader is running and how the crew is as a whole)

more trusted crews will get me to make risky descisions, so long as they know what they are doing...but for now, two open slots seems to work best for everything i've tried....i just know how to make it work >w<

some people don't want to move past their boxes to understand that emo but that's fine lol

maybe we share notes sometime :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces