Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
ebattleon
I did not go through the Entire Thread but would not getting paid adverts be the best option?
I am just saying if you want it free you got to suffer Ads it just expected.

I agree. smile I also think sponsors would help. I mean wouldn't it be fun to have a winter land with a Coke quest and have the Coke bears give a Christmas quest ? Or even have some of the ads show up in towns, like having a Baskin Robbins ice cream cart in Barton or ads on billboards throughout the game...

I know they said there wouldn't ever be ads in the game but I would mind it if it's done tastefully and in such a way that it fits with the game.

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Sensual Soul
ebattleon
I did not go through the Entire Thread but would not getting paid adverts be the best option?

I agree. smile I also think sponsors would help. I mean wouldn't it be fun to have a winter land with a Coke quest and have the Coke bears give a Christmas quest ? Or even have some of the ads show up in towns, like having a Baskin Robbins ice cream cart in Barton or ads on billboards throughout the game...

I know they said there wouldn't ever be ads in the game but I would mind it if it's done tastefully and in such a way that it fits with the game.

Like monsters blowing up is flash of "eat at Joe's"... smile
I think Bill board would work and you can be subtle if you know Psychology of adverts...

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
ebattleon
Sensual Soul
ebattleon

I think Bill board would work and you can be subtle if you know Psychology of adverts...

Well I could see things like M&Ms and Peanut M&Ms fighting it out and us joining in. smile They could have Sponsorship quests like that were you have to help one side or the other win it would give the candy company a fun way to see what candy we like best while selling there product and giving us a fun quest to do. But not stupid stuff like on the site. (Sorry but some of that stuff it stupid. >.< wink Something a bit more long termed so that the devs don't have to change it to often. Small dev team and all. *shrug* I'm sure the devs could think of ways to blend in a bit of advertising here and there.

For example they could have a blimp flying through the Coliseum with an ad for some sports shoes or something. biggrin

Benevolent Codger

Sensual Soul
ebattleon
Sensual Soul
ebattleon

Well I could see things like M&Ms and Peanut M&Ms fighting it out and us joining in. smile They could have Sponsorship quests like that were you have to help one side or the other win it would give the candy company a fun way to see what candy we like best while selling there product and giving us a fun quest to do. But not stupid stuff like on the site. (Sorry but some of that stuff it stupid. >.< wink Something a bit more long termed so that the devs don't have to change it to often. Small dev team and all. *shrug* I'm sure the devs could think of ways to blend in a bit of advertising here and there.

For example they could have a blimp flying through the Coliseum with an ad for some sports shoes or something. biggrin

Aren't you a sneaky one? User Image

I rather like all of those ideas, though. whee Particularly the blimp one; for some reason, that one just strikes a chord with me... sweatdrop

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I have to ask do the Developers Listen... question

Benevolent Codger

ebattleon
I have to ask do the Developers Listen... question

That's something that our developer's are remarkably good about; they may not always have time to post, but you can be sure that if you're throwing ideas around, they're liable to see them. They're always looking for ways to improve zOMG!, which includes any of the numerous ideas posed by users.

In short: yes... 3nodding

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Cool smile

In that case would also like to see a new ring called "dodge". Basically when equipped it allows the use to slide in any direction clicked for a Short distance so you could close on enemy, or get away. No impact damage though.

Also Teleport... an instantaneous move a medium distance to different terrain. allowing you to access spots where you normally could not go. The side quest potential for this would be fantastic, the developers could add all kind of side quests for real replay potential... mrgreen
How about another zOMG! awareness week?

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
jzmajor

z!Spot is working on that. wink If you want to help talk to Red ^ Or LuvTyler13 or myself. I think you are in the guild? If not you welcome to join.

9,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Suggestion?:

Not to be a negative nancy here (and I didn't read through the whole thread so sorry if this has been suggested already) but what about fixing the current bugs with the game? I mean, if I'm a new person to the site and want to know more about the game, it would help my interest if I wasn't reading in the forums about broken quests and constant server lag, especially during events. I would've played a lot more over Halloween if I could actually do something in the game once I managed to get on a server. I've noticed this trend about Gaia features. They implement a new feature and then there are all sorts of problems with it and then it just gets dumped. I think it would help the overall community attitude towards the game if it just had sufficient up-keep.

I also like the idea of finishing the map/adding new areas. A lot of the people who have finished the game would love to have lots of new areas to explore and new quests/boss fights to do.

I also LOVE the idea of combining rings. That would go perfectly for new, more difficult areas.

Another option would be something I saw on another MMORPG, of something like a "rebirth" where you get to go through the game again, but this time with some pre-boosted stats. If you choose this option, your rings would reset to CL 1.0 and you'd be back in the sewers again. You'd go through the whole game, but with extra luck or attack bonuses or something. You would also receive some sort of special item to display on your avi/zOMG character info to show you're on the second time through.

I have more, ideas/suggestions that I will post later. Hope this stuff helps. zOMG is the reason I'm on Gaia, I'd hate to see it go.
zOMG! Head Start Ticket ??? Ring
after seeing all the happenings with the powerups since the very beginning of the game, im surprised this hasn't been brought up before: why not bundle powerups? you can have a bundle of 5 ghi amps, or 5 superchargers. or maybe a bundle of all the powerups, with like 5 uses apiece. and for the love of god, dont soul-bind them!!! alot of people dont buy them because they dont wanna spend cash, but those that do should be rewarded with either being able to use them, gift them, or sell them for some gold.

lots of good ideas here people, but the bottom line is we need to spend more money on zOMG. in order to do that, gaia needs to give us more stuff to buy. that is the yin and yang of this whole problem. gaia doesnt support zOMG, and we have less and less reason to support it back. the more gaia invests in zOMG, the more we have to get excited about. the more stuff they release in the zOMG portion of the cash shop, the more we will have the chance to spend our hard earned money supporting zOMG!!! I personally have spent around 100 bucks on zOMG (20 bucks on rumble boxes, 20 on zOMG cash cards, 15 on 2 sweetheart rings, i bought the zOMG soundtrack for 10, and dont get me started on powerups. picking up 5 at a time adds up quick!). but, for the longest time, nothing has really been happening to let me show my monetary support. if gaia would start showing more support for zOMG, us zOMGaians would definitely show more support as well wink

Dapper Smoker

9,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Good thread with some good ideas.

But all the ideas and art in the world are useless without scripters.

zOMG is dying, our world is dying. Its like we're stuck in some bad Final Fantasy.

As for an idea: corporate sponsorship? Gaia whores itself to anybody with money, why not zOMG? I wouldn't terribly mind battling in the Coca Cola Caves or fighting Animated Playtex monsters. blaugh

Punching Bag

Sensual Soul
jzmajor

z!Spot is working on that. wink If you want to help talk to Red ^ Or LuvTyler13 or myself. I think you are in the guild? If not you welcome to join.

So there is something going on about that? O: I'd like to participate.

Also I'm loving all the ideas compiled together.. my hope is that the suggestions are taken and that when/if their put into motion, all of us will be there to help make it a success.

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Voter 100
Sensual Soul
ebattleon

Oh, this is a good idea! I agree that it could be done horribly wrong, but if they were sneaky about it, something like product placement in movies, it wouldn't get in the way of gameplay and would produce some much-needed revenue.
Quote:
[...] zOMG! needs to make some money to keep going and get more people playing the game. The post about selling the un-soulbinding of rings was just that, a way to come up with some badly needed cash. Without it zOMG! may die out. So we need ideas to help zOMG! make a bit of money and get people playing the game. [...]

Idea to get more people:

- Make a Facebook Demo: I hink this could be a good way to engage people to the game and the whole comunity, FB is pretty popular in the whole world nowadays and I think it would be pretty smart to do it. I'm not sure if it's possible but it's an idea razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff