Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
iTamako
SykoCaster
iTamako
I don't think the Double Gold thing is a good idea. It will cause massive inflation. The Site Feedback and the zOMG! forum will be flooded with complaints.

Maybe why not a monster doubler? It makes it a bit more challenging no? It's a start.

You'd still likely make more spending that money on EIs or RIGs anyway.
              So I don't think the inflation would be too terrible.

True... but with Gaia giving the Economy over to the Hoarders... they will use this as an excuse to inflate prices. Which will cause the explanation "If zOMG! would have never had the Double Gold thing... the economy would be ok." to be used as an explanation for inflation.

Maybe we could have a gold sink event to help balance it out later?

Wheezing Warlord

MinTheRedd
SykoCaster

I posted this in the other thread, but what the heck.

SykoCaster

I think a double-gold powerup would sell rather well.

I also think there should be Power-up Bundles, like EI or Aquarium bundles, that get you more bang for your buck.
              More Cash Shop rings, perhaps slightly more potent, or cheaper, would be nice too.
              And ring re-colors, or ring "masks" (same effect with different animations altogether) would be awesome.
              I'd probably buy atleast one for each of my rings. Gold Fire Rain? Heck yes. Cannon Balls instead of Water Balloons? Oh yeah.
              Heck, I'd even support new side areas and quests that you need to buy a CS ticket to access.

I just don't think this is a good way to create revenue or popularity.

Oh my yes. Being the RPG nerd I am, more "elemental" things would be a godsend to me. It can be the exact same effect, I don't care. It's the reason I'm using Solar Rays, Hot Foot and Fire Rain. I'm a pyro. My friend also quit because he wanted some nature-themed stuff but Hornet's Nest wasn't enough.

Also, pets and such being GC material would be a good thing. Hell, maybe like an "Elemental" pack of rings where it's the same effect as a few except one set is water, one wind, one fire, etc.

I ave the same issue.
              I like keeping with a theme, something I really can't do while having good rings.

One of my favorite parts of zOMG was that your avatar's appearance had nothing to do with your stats.
              That may still be true, but your ring's appearance has everything to do with your stats.

Ruthless Businessman

Lady Aidan
iTamako
SykoCaster
iTamako
I don't think the Double Gold thing is a good idea. It will cause massive inflation. The Site Feedback and the zOMG! forum will be flooded with complaints.

Maybe why not a monster doubler? It makes it a bit more challenging no? It's a start.

True... but with Gaia giving the Economy over to the Hoarders... they will use this as an excuse to inflate prices. Which will cause the explanation "If zOMG! would have never had the Double Gold thing... the economy would be ok." to be used as an explanation for inflation.

Pay to play games at the pirate carnival on the board walk maybe even if it is just a few gold per game
I'm just going to copy-pasta my ideas from the other thread:

Quote:
I would buy armor/ammo/etc rather than pay to unsoulbind rings. And even more cash shop rings (for $5.00, not $750) could be a viable idea. In the future, if zOMG could get more artists, it would be interesting to see a zOMG EI. Instead of being wearable, it could be an in-game items that added different effects/stat boosts with each evolution, and perhaps became several different (new) rings along the way. I would easily pay $10.00 for that! Of course, that may not be a feasible idea what with al of the programing and animations required, but if you had enough staff in the future, I think it'd be a great idea.

Or what about selling a booklet of exclusive craftable recipes? Say, five or 10 different new recipes in each "booklet"? It would give people an incentive to play (they'd have to collect the drops to craft the items), and folks could sell each recipe or the item from the recipe on the MP to earn gold. However, I'm not sure how much GC such an item would be sold for.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Valheita
Well, I was going to make a thread but...

1) There was an old "theme changer" idea floated by DWN and.. someone who's username escapes me right now. Basically, these were cheap ( < 200 ) CS items which served to change the animations of your rings.

So for example Heavy Water Balloon may be modified to release Napalm rather than Water.

2) The upcoming fail-rate recipes, maybe have a cash item which could be used to guarantee their success, the price of the cash item varying depending on the rarity of the item it'd affect. Epics would need an Epic Level Item Creator for example.

3) More cash shop rings - seasonal releases, event releases etc.. Summer Rain ring could be a mass Healing over Time ring - or something which removes debuffs.

I'll post more as they come to me, for now though I have a lab to do...

*sob* I wish I would of known...I would of let you make the thread. D: Love you ideas. smile

In a relationship with VVishing

Lady Aidan
iTamako
SykoCaster
iTamako

I don't think this will work. The Gold sink can happen... but AI inflation will kick in anyways since zOMG! already pumped in too much gold into the system.

Wheezing Warlord

Patrick Jiuliani
Lady Aidan
iTamako
SykoCaster
iTamako

Pay to play games at the pirate carnival on the board walk maybe

That wouldn't change people opinions of the gold income, though.
              They'd still inflate everything.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
SykoCaster

Another idea; Cash Shop purchases of "Headstart Tickets" for each new area, as it's released.
              I would buy a Cash Card in a heartbeat if I could be one of the first onto Buccaneer Boardwalk.

=O
I would buy that!
No effing way I'mma be one of the last people in the area. D:<
Even though I'm broke. D:< You're paying for me for this, Syko. D:<<<

Ruthless Businessman

I like the idea of another head start ticket for the game. People would be lining up for that one considering how excited everyone is for a new area

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Sensual Soul
Valheita
Well, I was going to make a thread but...

1) There was an old "theme changer" idea floated by DWN and.. someone who's username escapes me right now. Basically, these were cheap ( < 200 ) CS items which served to change the animations of your rings.

So for example Heavy Water Balloon may be modified to release Napalm rather than Water.

2) The upcoming fail-rate recipes, maybe have a cash item which could be used to guarantee their success, the price of the cash item varying depending on the rarity of the item it'd affect. Epics would need an Epic Level Item Creator for example.

3) More cash shop rings - seasonal releases, event releases etc.. Summer Rain ring could be a mass Healing over Time ring - or something which removes debuffs.

I'll post more as they come to me, for now though I have a lab to do...

*sob* I wish I would of known...I would of let you make the thread. D: Love you ideas. smile
xp

It's all good, I'll just stick 'em here. As long as they're seen, that's what matters.
SykoCaster
MinTheRedd
SykoCaster

I posted this in the other thread, but what the heck.

SykoCaster

I think a double-gold powerup would sell rather well.

I also think there should be Power-up Bundles, like EI or Aquarium bundles, that get you more bang for your buck.
              More Cash Shop rings, perhaps slightly more potent, or cheaper, would be nice too.
              And ring re-colors, or ring "masks" (same effect with different animations altogether) would be awesome.
              I'd probably buy atleast one for each of my rings. Gold Fire Rain? Heck yes. Cannon Balls instead of Water Balloons? Oh yeah.
              Heck, I'd even support new side areas and quests that you need to buy a CS ticket to access.

I just don't think this is a good way to create revenue or popularity.

Oh my yes. Being the RPG nerd I am, more "elemental" things would be a godsend to me. It can be the exact same effect, I don't care. It's the reason I'm using Solar Rays, Hot Foot and Fire Rain. I'm a pyro. My friend also quit because he wanted some nature-themed stuff but Hornet's Nest wasn't enough.

Also, pets and such being GC material would be a good thing. Hell, maybe like an "Elemental" pack of rings where it's the same effect as a few except one set is water, one wind, one fire, etc.

I ave the same issue.
              I like keeping with a theme, something I really can't do while having good rings.

One of my favorite parts of zOMG was that your avatar's appearance had nothing to do with your stats.
              That may still be true, but your ring's appearance has everything to do with your stats.

I'm not alone here! heart I would definitely buy some reskinned elemental rings. Actually, I'd probably buy some for my friend too since I tend to do that when I have any excess money. One of my favorite things about zOMG was that my avatar could look like anything I wanted it to be and it made no difference to what I could and couldn't use.

We need to save zOMG, even if it means going on a fan-rampage >D ...Okay, maybe not that far, but getting some attention would help!

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
SykoCaster

Another idea; Cash Shop purchases of "Headstart Tickets" for each new area, as it's released.
              I would buy a Cash Card in a heartbeat if I could be one of the first onto Buccaneer Boardwalk.

I would buy that in a heartbeat too.

Wheezing Warlord

Kay, another idea.
              After some way to increase the value of loot, instead of a gold-doubler, release a loot-doubler.

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
iTamako
Lady Aidan

I don't think this will work. The Gold sink can happen... but AI inflation will kick in anyways since zOMG! already pumped in too much gold into the system.

People are so greedy sometimes ._.

I just really want a animated repel the more I think about it. Like you put it on, and that animated can't notice you or attack. It shouldn't last too long though- just a few minutes so it isn't too overpowered, but man- being able to walk around SS without monsters attacking you...
One last thing before I shove off to bed...

Dragon winged Divinity? I would pay big bucks for that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff