Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

Patrick Jiuliani
Red Kutai
Patrick Jiuliani
I think they would sale more just as a straight up head start ticket Mint

I think the ability to trade them in (I posted on it earlier) would increase sales, but I don't think it needs a bunch of extras, no. I think what they're trying to do is increase number of players and generate cash at the same time; focusing on one at a time would be better, I think...

I was meaning as a straight up ticket meaning not embedded in a rig. I was saying earlier myself that they should include some type of equitable item even if it were just a head start wrist band or something of the like

I agree; making the ticket desirable in multiples is a good idea. But I think making it desirable to the public outside zOMG! is better. By the by, I didn't mean the ticket came from a RIG (if that's what you meant by embedded); quite the contrary in fact. I was proposing you trade in the ticket for a RIG, after the Boardwalk has been fully released...
Sensual Soul
darkrainbow23
I understand about the need to make money, and I would hate to lose the game - I'm really enjoying it. But I have to tell you, I am poor. Really. Don't tell me it wouldn't be very much of an expense - I've been unemployed for a year and am 3 months behind on my rent. I'm lucky to be able to get online at all. I can't afford to spend any money on nonessentials like anything at Gaia. So I'm really opposed to making any features ONLY available through paying cash. I think that would be unfair to the extreme.

Well no one has suggested any of this be soulbound so you should be able to buy these things in the MP.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. =/ If you do lose your internet there's always the library.

That's all I want - that it all be sellable in the marketplace, so that I at least have a chance of getting it.

Unfortunately, the library only allows one hour a day per person, and mostly not open at times I am available to play sad

I can't believe the game isn't popular. I think they should try to promote it more. It's the thing I like best about Gaia, and I would prolly quit bothering to come to this site if it wasn't for zomg.

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sensual Soul
Meromictic
Put a zOMG car wash in rally. >>

I wonder if there is something that we, as users, could do to help get more focus on zOMG. Like, have a week or something where we wear zOMG items or w/e. << And host large user run zOMG events that require being on the game.

I dunno. Something that wouldn't eat the dev's time and resources. I'm sure we could find some way to get the events in announcements or on the front page if we asked nicely.

Hey, that's a great idea! zOMG! awareness week! biggrin I'm in! Want to make a thread to promote it?

Thanks. :3

And sure, I'll get that started.

Ruthless Businessman

Red Kutai
Patrick Jiuliani
Red Kutai
Patrick Jiuliani

I think the ability to trade them in (I posted on it earlier) would increase sales, but I don't think it needs a bunch of extras, no. I think what they're trying to do is increase number of players and generate cash at the same time; focusing on one at a time would be better, I think...

I was meaning as a straight up ticket meaning not embedded in a rig. I was saying earlier myself that they should include some type of equitable item even if it were just a head start wrist band or something of the like

I agree; making the ticket desirable in multiples is a good idea. But I think making it desirable to the public outside zOMG! is better. By the by, I didn't mean the ticket came from a RIG (if that's what you meant by embedded); quite the contrary in fact. I was proposing you trade in the ticket for a RIG, after the Boardwalk has been fully released...

Mint was saying giving the head start ticket in a rig that was what I was disagreeing to. As for trading it in for one that I would not be opposed to

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Aseres
you do realize that they're not working on a pet-system, right? sweatdrop

It's kinda like Cloud city, the did sort of play with it but had to shelve it. But if they can get us behind them they could start to work on it again. << Lanzer did say we'd get pets at one of the Cons. smile Just not when! lol

Wheezing Warlord

Red Kutai
SykoCaster

Another thing to draw in users would be to stop keeping the stories of zOMG and Mainstream Gaia separate.
              Incorporate them, so the GCDers have a reason to play.
              As new manga come out, make corresponding areas, and limited-time quests.
              When the next manga comes out, the quests change to reflect the new story, but the areas, and non-story quests, remain open.

YES. YES this.

Apologies for the Caps Lock, but I've been begging for a one-story Gaia since they started diverging. If Gaia is to be one world (like it's supposed to), the stories need to be incorporated...

Well, to be fair, Chapter 1 is kinda a set-up story, explaining what's happening.
              But from here on out, it should be included.

IRL Vampire

Sensual Soul
Aseres
well Sen, you've seen what the first post says: 2 artists and 1 game designer. Therefore, all new ideas for features can only be: 1) do-able by this team, meaning NO programmers involved (no completely new feature, like pets, can be added... the only way they're doing a summon ring now is because it's technically just a visual effect with a 20 minute buff attached to it) 2) cannot intrude the mainsite too much - I don't think the mainsite would fancy zOMG spitting out more gold at all with all the inflation-drama they have going on, and 3) and this is connected to 1, it has to be something that can be done quickly and with relatively little effort so they can still keep pumping out content (which is what they're trying right now)

Great that you're trying to help, but I don't think it's going to be very useful without the above three points taken into consideration.

(also, the artists that currently work on zOMG are not flash animators, so they can't do new effects by themselves, they'll either need mainsite-artists to help, or finally find someone they can contract)

Ah but they were already working on pets! And not all the ideas need to be used now. This is called "brainstorming" I don't think they can use all these ideas but it gives them lots of ideas and it tells them what the players that are here and are playing wanting to see in the game and what they are thinking. smile And it gives them idea for when they do get more staffing again. In other words they will take from this post, as they do the forum, what they can use. wink Don't worry, game developers and game artist do brainstorming all the time, they know what it's about!

Creative brainstorming is fun and it can lead to all kinds of nifty stuff!.

sorry, but they're not working on pets sweatdrop they're working on summoning rings, which is a graphical thing with a 20 minute buff added to it. JK said something along the lines of "it would be cool if we could have pets in the future"

And like I said, it's great that you're trying to help, and I actually know how brainstorming works, don't worry. I just think there would be more value in thinking up features that they can use to get the resources to do all this other fancy stuff (ie pets) right now, rather then coming up for things they can do once they have more resources

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
KaguraSakata
Nurannoniel
Sorry to be jumping in randomly here, but I've been out all day. My apologies if someone has mentioned this already, but if they are looking to promote themselves, why aren't they advertising through things like their facebook page more? I don't think I've seen mention of it on Gaia and only just went hunting for it after seeing the fuss around here, and now I see the page hasn't even really been updated in a year!

Stuff can go viral fast on FB/Twitter with a little bit of love and attention... Showing off their new shiny projects on their FB page might be one way of attracting back fans...

That would be nice, zOMG is such an awesome a game if more people saw things about it and tried; I know they would come back for more. I actually only joined gaia in the first place to play this game, my brother was playing it and it looked like so much fun I had to join too. Not that I dont enjoy the main site events some times but I love this game more.

3nodding 3nodding Same here! How did you first hear about zOMG? I know I heard a bit about about it through word of mouth, but as for real advertising, I don't think I've seen anything outside Gaia. Even Gaia itself doesn't advertise zOMG very much. I almost wonder if they are having the same problem my university's swimming pool program has been having... It's being shut down because no-one uses it; those that love it are extremely passionate about it, and of course, there would be even more interest in the service if people just knew it existed!

Lets start a massive advertising spree, starting with waving around the upcoming BB. I mean, c'mon, PIRATES. Who doesn't love pirates?

Benevolent Codger

Patrick Jiuliani
Red Kutai
Patrick Jiuliani
Red Kutai
Patrick Jiuliani

Mint was saying giving the head start ticket in a rig that was what I was disagreeing to. As for trading it in for one that I would not be opposed to

O, alright; I agree that putting it in a RIG would defeat the purpose. One could hardly argue, then, that the tickets were what was making the money. And they would likely wind up being 1) consolation prizes, and worthless or 2) too rare, and impractical (with only a handful of zOMG!ers actually getting to use them)...

Benevolent Codger

SykoCaster
Red Kutai
SykoCaster

Another thing to draw in users would be to stop keeping the stories of zOMG and Mainstream Gaia separate.
              Incorporate them, so the GCDers have a reason to play.
              As new manga come out, make corresponding areas, and limited-time quests.
              When the next manga comes out, the quests change to reflect the new story, but the areas, and non-story quests, remain open.

YES. YES this.

Apologies for the Caps Lock, but I've been begging for a one-story Gaia since they started diverging. If Gaia is to be one world (like it's supposed to), the stories need to be incorporated...

Well, to be fair, Chapter 1 is kinda a set-up story, explaining what's happening.
              But from here on out, it should be included.

I know, but when I can spend hours each day fighting the endless hordes on animated in-game, then leave and no one seems to notice they're there, it produces a real disconnect. I'd be happy with a "from now on", though... 3nodding

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Aseres
Sensual Soul
Aseres
well Sen, you've seen what the first post says: 2 artists and 1 game designer. Therefore, all new ideas for features can only be: 1) do-able by this team, meaning NO programmers involved (no completely new feature, like pets, can be added... the only way they're doing a summon ring now is because it's technically just a visual effect with a 20 minute buff attached to it) 2) cannot intrude the mainsite too much - I don't think the mainsite would fancy zOMG spitting out more gold at all with all the inflation-drama they have going on, and 3) and this is connected to 1, it has to be something that can be done quickly and with relatively little effort so they can still keep pumping out content (which is what they're trying right now)

Great that you're trying to help, but I don't think it's going to be very useful without the above three points taken into consideration.

(also, the artists that currently work on zOMG are not flash animators, so they can't do new effects by themselves, they'll either need mainsite-artists to help, or finally find someone they can contract)

Ah but they were already working on pets! And not all the ideas need to be used now. This is called "brainstorming" I don't think they can use all these ideas but it gives them lots of ideas and it tells them what the players that are here and are playing wanting to see in the game and what they are thinking. smile And it gives them idea for when they do get more staffing again. In other words they will take from this post, as they do the forum, what they can use. wink Don't worry, game developers and game artist do brainstorming all the time, they know what it's about!

sorry, but they're not working on pets sweatdrop they're working on summoning rings, which is a graphical thing with a 20 minute buff added to it. JK said something along the lines of "it would be cool if we could have pets in the future"

And like I said, it's great that you're trying to help, and I actually know how brainstorming works, don't worry. I just think there would be more value in thinking up features that they can use to get the resources to do all this other fancy stuff (ie pets) right now, rather then coming up for things they can do once they have more resources

Well if you know how brainstorming works then you know better then to limit peoples imagination's. Let us just go wild, even if only one or two of the ideas are workable the process it worth it. Plus it's helluva lot of fun! Like I said the devs will take out of the thread and post what they can use, if anything. biggrin Oh and they did play around with pets just like they did with sky/ cloud city. It's just on hold for now. (And it's fun to talk about!)

Cheery Reindeer

2,450 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I suppose that's true... I was just thinking that only current players would probably buy a headstart ticket, while many people who don't play would buy a RIG, and perhaps get a ticket and say "maybe I'll go check it out", thus getting new players. However, your idea of turning in the ticket to get a RIG would probably work better.
Sensual Soul
Aseres

Think there's some misinformation floating around. We never said that we were working on zomg pets. We're currently working on summons. It would be cool to have pets in zomg someday, but it won't happen anytime soon.

Edit: Btw, thanks for this thread.. some good ideas here. smile

Benevolent Codger

Meri Mint
I suppose that's true... I was just thinking that only current players would probably buy a headstart ticket, while many people who don't play would buy a RIG, and perhaps get a ticket and say "maybe I'll go check it out", thus getting new players. However, your idea of turning in the ticket to get a RIG would probably work better.

No offense to your idea, I think the other way just balances out better... 3nodding

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Nurannoniel
KaguraSakata
Nurannoniel
Sorry to be jumping in randomly here, but I've been out all day. My apologies if someone has mentioned this already, but if they are looking to promote themselves, why aren't they advertising through things like their facebook page more? I don't think I've seen mention of it on Gaia and only just went hunting for it after seeing the fuss around here, and now I see the page hasn't even really been updated in a year!

Stuff can go viral fast on FB/Twitter with a little bit of love and attention... Showing off their new shiny projects on their FB page might be one way of attracting back fans...

That would be nice, zOMG is such an awesome a game if more people saw things about it and tried; I know they would come back for more. I actually only joined gaia in the first place to play this game, my brother was playing it and it looked like so much fun I had to join too. Not that I dont enjoy the main site events some times but I love this game more.

3nodding 3nodding Same here! How did you first hear about zOMG? I know I heard a bit about about it through word of mouth, but as for real advertising, I don't think I've seen anything outside Gaia. Even Gaia itself doesn't advertise zOMG very much. I almost wonder if they are having the same problem my university's swimming pool program has been having... It's being shut down because no-one uses it; those that love it are extremely passionate about it, and of course, there would be even more interest in the service if people just knew it existed!

Lets start a massive advertising spree, starting with waving around the upcoming BB. I mean, c'mon, PIRATES. Who doesn't love pirates?

I walked in on my brother playing it and asked him what it was, he told me and I watched for a bit and wanted to try(he wouldnt let me though). I've never seen any advertsing for it anywhere. If there was I really think there would be more people playing. The game play is so original and the areas are so beautifly done its such a shame that not alot of people know about it.

We totally should it makes me sad that I didnt get the chance to go Anime Central with my friend this year(especially seeing that gaia would be there today in the annoucement) I would so dress up and spread the awesomeness of zOMG there. Indeed who doesnt love pirates

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff