Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
[ JK ]
Currently, zOMG isn't a popular feature on the site (even Rally space is more popular than zOMG). Secondly, we don't generate any revenue with this game (nobody buys power-ups).

In order for us to be successful with zOMG!, we need to accomplish one of the following...

A) Make zOMG! an extremely popular feature on the site
B) Generate lots of revenue with it
C) Acquire new users to the main site through zOMG!

At this moment, we're focusing on option 'A' and we're doing everything we can to make the game fun and engaging with the limited resources at hand. FYI, we're down to 2 artists on this project.. and with 1 game designer and some sporadic dev support, things are tough.

Hope you guys realize that unless we make zOMG! more successful, we're not going to receive any additional help from Gaia. If anything, there's a possibility that Gaia may stop supporting zOMG altogether and it will become yet another dead feature on the site like Towns, Fishing, Housing, etc.

So yes, we are thinking about ways to monetize zOMG, but with discretion so not to hurt the game and the community. However, we also understand that there's no point in doing so if nobody is playing the game.

It's great that you guys are passionate about zOMG! and I always thank you for your feedback, but let's discuss this rationally and not get emotional. Trust me, the last thing we want to do is something which will hurt the zOMG! community. We need your support, so you could help us make a better game.

Here is the bones of it.

zOMG! needs to make some money to keep going and get more people playing the game. The post about selling the un-soulbinding of rings was just that, a way to come up with some badly needed cash. Without it zOMG! may die out. crying So we need ideas to help zOMG! make a bit of money and get people playing the game.

So zOMG!ens, lets help the devs come up with some ways to make some money and to get new players to join us and old timers to come back to zOMG!

I've already suggested that the pet system they are working on could be GC related.

They could have specialty pets you can only get with GC
Pet gear
Pet food
Pet boosts

What other ideas can you give the Devs. What would appeal to you enough to part with a bit of cash? What do you think would bring new people to the game or old players back?

I'm posting all ideas in the next two post so if you don't see your idea it may be there already or I missed it. If I missed it PM me with a link to your post. Post links can be done by clicking the little gold "book" (Little yellow square before ---Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:26 am) Then copy the URL and send that to me. smile

Quick Note:

I love the ideas, keep them coming! And the discussion is great too! But...I just have a hard time pinpointing your suggestion at times and I feel like I'm going to miss them so please in bold put Idea or suggestion so I can see it easily. Thanks!

crying Still you guys are not bolding your ideas/ suggestion

Here is an example for those of you who don't get it.

Example 1
Suggestion
Hey I have a suggestion, pull up your pants!

Example 2
Idea
I have this idea, if you wear a belt you won't need to pull up your pants 'cus the belt will keep your pant from falling around your knees!

This really would help me out a lot. Thanks.

WARNING: If you spam I will put you on my ignore list, so don't do it! stare

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
The List

1. Pet system--making pets and all pet related things CS items.

2. Gaia cash areas-- buy an entrance ticket to get into certain booths at the Buccaneer Boardwalk or similar areas. Make these tickets sell-able in the MP so there will be less whining....once it becomes open to the public, the wristband could turn into something much cooler/flashier so that it retains its value? Post-headstart, it could turn into something like a pirate flag, with additional poses as a bandana, tattoo, cutlass, and peg leg, for instance. post

3. Doubles--gold and loot doublers

4. Rings that you can buy with GC--to post

5. monster repel spray- maybe one for each monster

6 .Power-up Bundles, like EI or Aquarium bundles,

7. And ring re-colors, or ring "masks" (same effect with different animations altogether) post

8. monthly CS ring

9. I AM items that let you become some animated

10. monster doubler

11. CS items which served to change the animations of your rings. post

12. The upcoming fail-rate recipes, maybe have a cash item which could be used to guarantee their success, the price of the cash item varying depending on the rarity of the item it'd affect. Epics would need an Epic Level Item Creator for example.

13. More cash shop rings - seasonal releases, event releases post

14. zOMG RIG-- One containing epics, recipe items and rings and unique zOMG inspired items.

15. buy a GC ticket to get into the coliseum

16. Cash Shop purchases of "Headstart Tickets" for each new area, as it's released.

17. buy armor/ammo/etc post

18. booklet of exclusive craftable recipes post

19. "elemental" things Theme based items/rings for in game use. post

20. in game animation items (such as fireworks) post

21. a ring that gave your av (optional) visual effects as well as moderate stat boosts would be a possibility, similar to the Sweetheart ring & max stamina boost ring post

22. equitable ring animations for our avy post

23. Dragon winged Divinity/ dragon theme ring post

24. Make your own dungen/ area/ maze...Pay X-amount to have the fun of making an area/maze or dungen and let other play it. It could be limited to X amount of time before it is deleted and you would make gold for each time someone plays it. Enter it like you would on of the smaller Fash games with a room name maybe? post

25. Exclusive recipes for "crafted" items in the cash shop/BB...1/2 price BB sales... like aquariums.

26. Zomg themed items for G-cash.

27. Quest Tomes--GC and really rare drops form Bosses in new area. You get parts of a recipe or a chance at a ultra rare item...could resell in MP and cost aroun 299 to 499 GC.

28. How about an Animated EI? Each stage would have different Animated companion and I am poses that corresponded to the area. post

29. using magical gemstones to not only add a decoration to the rings, but grant them added effects post

30. NULL FRAGMENTS---Please read this POST for full info.

31. A teleport tome post

32. talk2hand stamp--ignore feature with a lawl effect! post

33. weekly plot update within the game--post

34. Fonts for zOMG!/ icon/ emotes that hover over your avatar, like AFK. post

35. PK/PVP--post

36. rewards for the badges

37. Of site recruiting, using fliers and posters--post

38. private layer passes--post

39. "Let's play zOMG day/week"--post

40. rarer recipes--post

41. extra item/ring slots, like thumb rings. ninja

42. SDPlus dolls of zOMG monsters to be sold in the Cash Shoppost

43. zOMG Area music, if we don't wanna hear it let us make a playlist in the game/ zOMG! radio ?post

44. Decoy ring--post

45. Ring recipes that, when combined with gold and whatever else, as well as a CL 10.0 of the desired ring, give you avatar poses based on the different RR's of the attack. Mantis would be insanely popular.--post

46. For the Barton Coliseum if it is PvP, we should have an exibition match against NPC versions of Developers, I would love to throw a Hornet's Nest at Qixter for abandoning us... --post

47. CS piercings! &zOMG earRings--post

48. Un-nerf rings that are now useless (Turtle). Also, un-nerf landshark and make him appear more often--post

49. Dunk-a-Dev.--dunking booth in BB. We would PAID TO DUNK A DEV! twisted --post

50. An in-game "fly"/"zOMG flight!" potion. One time use only, and it only lasts for 1 minute. What it lets your avatar do is "fly" above everything else (trees, buildings, etc....but if your potion runs out and, say, you're over a lake, you get warped to null). Cost = 5-10GC each potion.--post

51. make gaia a tetris game (that people can play for gold rewards). the catch is, is that you can only access it through zOMG *evil laughter*--post

52. mini events, special loot and crafted items...--post

53. Power-ups--make them better. Ideas in post

54. make clothing or trinkets equipped on avatars do something in-game to boost you-- post

55. Incorporate other areas of Gaia, convert Housing, Rally and Fishing to flash and somehow incorporate---post

56. How bout an item that costs 2.00 that let's you fight a special boss--post

57. ? ring (as opposed to the ??? ring) randomizer for like 149 GC for a chance of a ring---post

58. Craftable Power-ups, Attacks, and Ammo--POST To Thread

59. Make animated appear on the site--post

60. making some areas double-drop gold some days--post

61. just make items (Per set like Chef, Pirate, etc) based on them and sell it in the CS with a plus of powerups to "incite" players to play--post

62. Airships--you could even sell tickets to ride on it in the CS...--url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/devs-need-help-lets-make-some-money-ideas-needed/t.61094007_378/#378]post

63.but many if not most mmorpgs have a small monthly fee--post

64. Here's another ZOMG/Towns integration idea. For future recipes, make them require flowers, trash and bugs as part of the ingredients. -post

65. CHANGE THE RING SETS BACK! you know? when they made sense, when ninjas didnt have angle wings --post

66. "Ring Changer" cash shop powerup: will change a ring to another ring permanently. It [the new ring] would certainly keep the same CL [as the old one]. It might possibly be restricted to "another ring of the same category" such as, you can only change a defense ring into another defense ring.--post

67. contest for a new CS item that's based off of zOMG--post

68. pay-to-play system where you can actually challenge other users--post

69. effective advertising off-site. and a lot of other good points!--post

70. webcomics--A webcomic based on zOMG could be put under a subdomain and update weekly...to read more go to post

71. Fix it!(zOMG) and the (zOMG)Userbase will return--post

72. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/devs-need-help-lets-beef-up-the-usership-give-some-ideas/t.61094007_439/#439--post

73. taking out un-soulbound power-ups that you can earn through the events.--post

74. selling all of the rings that drop (while still having them drop at their normal rate in game) for something like 49gc at cl1--post

75.to help zOMG with Revenue they should come out with a zOMG based Evolving Item! Like it would take FOREVER to evolve as it goes through EVERY single board in the game, or make Evolving Items for every board one at a time. Like Village Greens first, then The Ranch, Dead Man's Pass, Zen Gardens and so on. "I Am" poses would be greatly appreciated!-post

76. equippable ring poses in CS sets.--post

77. EI with clothing and such based on areas... like a journey through zOMG to CL 10.0. (For a storyline)--post

78. What if we could purchase an evolving item that would evolve with us as we play the game?---post

79.A Get Owned item sold in CS.
An item that has a set of debuffs as equippable poses.
It could contain poses that show us with Roots, Scared, Sleep, Sanded, or Dazed.
It would be such an entertaining item, especially to wear ingame to appear like you are dazed or whatnot.----post

80. A Daily Quest.
Each day you go to a NPC depending on your CL and pick up a daily quest to do. It could range from getting X number of orbs or drops to killing X amount of a monster or even talking to other NCP. Something to do that outside of the other quest chains. (Maybe a riddle or something even or a scavenger hunt that gives you new thing to find) ---post

81. Novelty items to throw around, like "water balloons in towns and tomatoes and flames for Cinemas"---post

82. An item (call it an Orb Sensor) that'll tell you when an orb spill is happening in some other area. You could sell them as a power-up in the cash shop, making paying customers (or people who buy the item in the marketplace) slightly more likely to get to the orbs. An upgrade could be available to say where.---post

83. (Turmoil Sensor, maybe) that'd be much cheaper and tell you when a mini-event (lawnsharks, KiKis, etc.) is happening in some other area. Again, an upgrade could be available to make the item more specific about what event is happening where.---post

84. Ring chaining. Chain Ring A to Ring B; whenever you use A, B is auto-triggered right after, and whenever you use B, A is auto-triggered right after. An upgrade could be available to chain more rings, or make only the stamina loss from the first ring in the chain count. ---post

85. I was looking through the Gaia Labs and noticed the achievments there. I think a good way to introduce new users to zOMG is have an achievement for it. not to double up on things like the badges, but maybe an achievement showing you have earned all the badges, got to CL 10, beat the game etc. Just something like that.---post

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Threads chocked full of great ideas!

Animated Items
Recolor Idea
Rings as Equippable items
Cloud/Sky City Remake
Ring Swap Cool down time

Seen another thread with awesome ideas? Let me know, just send me a PM!
Old or new threads with ideas are welcome.

In a relationship with VVishing

The Pets should be a CS item. >>

And why bump so fast? ._.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
iTamako
The Pets should be a CS item. >>

And why bump so fast? ._.

Wasn't bumping just saving space so I can add stuff. ^^ But yeah I thought pets should be CS items too.

Bucktoothed Sex Symbol

Gaia cash areas perhaps. There may be lots of whining for such a thing, but say you have to buy an entrance ticket to get into certain booths at the Buccaneer Boardwalk or similar. Make these tickets sellable in the MP so there will be less whining.

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
Double gold drops
Double loot drops
A new ring you can buy with G Cash every few months that's only available for a few weeks
A monster repel spray- maybe one for each monster

Wheezing Warlord

I posted this in the other thread, but what the heck.

SykoCaster

I think a double-gold powerup would sell rather well.

I also think there should be Power-up Bundles, like EI or Aquarium bundles, that get you more bang for your buck.
              More Cash Shop rings, perhaps slightly more potent, or cheaper, would be nice too.
              And ring re-colors, or ring "masks" (same effect with different animations altogether) would be awesome.
              I'd probably buy atleast one for each of my rings. Gold Fire Rain? Heck yes. Cannon Balls instead of Water Balloons? Oh yeah.
              Heck, I'd even support new side areas and quests that you need to buy a CS ticket to access.

I just don't think this is a good way to create revenue or popularity.

Ruthless Businessman

*drags original post over from the thread*

Patrick Jiuliani
You know what tends to draw people to different features sadly? The possibility of making a lot of gold very quickly. Look at booty grab. The game tends to be mind numbingly boring but the fact that you can make so much so quickly keeps the game alive and buzzing... perhaps a way to draw more people and get more money would be, and I hate to say this, but a powerup that doubles up gold drops from monsters similar to the orb doubling one. I would prefer something along those lines then unspellbinding rings.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
monthly CS rings?! rotate them around each year or so, or even make them seasonal... at 499c a pop, that would be some influx.
Sort of a cheating way is to make the powerup have less uses. =/

Ruthless Businessman

Mickey2146
Sort of a cheating way is to make the powerup have less uses. =/

That tends to have a negative effect and people boycott them. They dont want to waste the money on something that does less which means less exchangers by them for some quick gold and less people buy them on the markets to keep the exchangers going back for more

Wheezing Warlord

Redforest
monthly CS rings?! rotate them around each year or so, or even make them seasonal... at 499c a pop, that would be some influx.

It'd be nice, but I think maybe a little much for such a small team.
              A monthly deadline for coming up with ideas, animations, and balancing a ring is a little steep.

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
SykoCaster
Redforest

It'd be nice, but I think maybe a little much for such a small team.
              A monthly deadline for coming up with ideas, animations, and balancing a ring is a little steep.

Make it every few months maybe?

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Maybe have some I AM items that let you become some animated. I think some people might like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff