Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now returning to its original schedule of every Friday!

Come join the conversation in the official zOMGaians UNITE!!! Dev Meat thread!

It's a sad day. Today we lost an important icon from the movies, sci-fi and pop culture in general. Leonard Nimoy, the actor who played the amazing half-Vulcan Spock. sad

Today let's honor him and have a "Star Trek Forever" theme which can encompass any of the crew, aliens, monsters or other characters from any of the related movies or shows.

For a meating place, we've got Anjaani's home that can be accessed by a new window or new browser tab. We'll start at 5 pm PST today, and don't forget to use the Towns 2 smartphone to transport to friends if you happen to spawn on a different layer than everyone else.

If there is one thing you can learn from the wise and talented Leonard Nimoy, it's the way in which he passed away. Use this as a learning moment that you won't be able to "live long and prosper" if you're a smoker. talk2hand

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Save some room for dessert! emotion_omnomnom

Each Friday we gather together in a different location somewhere in zOMG! Towns 2 with a new theme to dress as, which also many times directs how the Dev Meats (Meets) will go. xd

The Dev Meats is open to EVERYONE to attend. 3nodding We are all fans of zOMG! and anyone who attends is considered a friend!

I'm a former zOMG! dev that previously worked on the environments and other aspects of the game, and I'm the one who organizes each Dev Meat. Sometimes other former devs make an appearance to the Meats too like [ JK ], swarf, mlos or someone like Sisky who is also involved in the community.

These gatherings are a place where we all chat about any random range of subjects, perform impromptu activities and just act goofy in general! rofl Hope to see you there! biggrin

Original zOMGaians UNITE!!! thread created Friday April 30th, 2010 / 1470 pages / 22,039 posts

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
I love him so much as Dr. William Bell from the tv show Fringe. <3 I will surly miss him to death. RIP Spock, Dr. William Bell, and of course Leonard Nimoy. Thank you for this dev meat theme Mavdoc. Thank you.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
KH won't be the same without his voice for this guy. sad
RIP Leonard.
I'l lbe there tonight I hope. <3
He was also the voice of Galvatron from Transformers: The Movie back in the 80's. Galvatron instantly became my favorite character after watching the movie in the theatres, much of that due to Leonard Nimoy's awesome voice work. 3nodding

I just found out what Leonard's last tweet was, and it is so poignant and one of the best quotes I've heard regarding life:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

Retro Punk

oh man ! Thats messed up. I loved his portrayal of spock.

Invisible Genius

34,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
towns lagged me out and it won't load now.

I miss zOMG! so much.

Mav I'm glad you used the Star Trek theme in honor of him. He will be missed. I grew up with the show.

Maddy's Husband

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I just learned about this a few minutes ago.

I miss him, too.
(In a different way than I miss zOMG.)

Perfect Saint

High-functioning Gekko

12,390 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
Wuh.. my home?

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250