Sealab X (Head)
Sealab X
Peelunger Hat
Peelunger Skin/I am pose

Jump to post:

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

A brief introduction...

First of all, it'd be nice to get acknowledged with the concept of a "Epic Recipe". This thread >>>New rare items in zOMG!<<< is where the concept was first officially introduced.

Essentially, 'Epics' are meant to be Rare Recipes that are ither good looking or appealing in some way, but that share a common trait: They require lots and lots of components to be crafted. also, it's been hinted by developers that part of the site integration plan is making several of these recipes include components from other games, which may possible be Fish, Bugs, Inks, Power Ups, Bachelor Credit, Tickets and so on.

We however, have a bit of an issue.

Many Epics were probably designed, each looking incredibly awesome, or maybe not as much but still cool to a great deal of people. Still, the problem remains that the total number of people who have the particular objective of working on Epics right now are... One. sweatdrop And even pre-made designs will eventually end.

These Epics may not appeal everyone, which would be a shame. And, even if [ JK ] probably has the support of other developers to help him with ideas, it doesn't change the fact that we have a single artist assigned to the task, and that the creative process is therefore itself limited that that person - which makes it more likely there's people who don't varied groups of Epics.

So what do we do about it? Suck it up, blame gaia for ruining zOMG!, say it's too bad when we don't like an item and go on with our daily lives? Claim that Epic Items aren't 'epic' after all just because you wanted wings made of null crystals and instead got a pirate hat? Complain you got a Blaze companion acting all though and you wanted a Katsumi drooling over your sexy avatar? Getting into childish fight between Epic haters and supporters?

See, the devs might give us something we don't want, because they might not know what we want. Epic need diversity if they're to appeal to everyone in some way. It's obvious that when they do, and we say it loud enough, they give it to us.
How about then, instead, we brought our ideas out there? Togheter, we have more varied ideas and we can tell the devs what we would like seeing just directly. Plus, it could prove useful in making event items as well.

Also, it would be sensible to make items that have some sort of reason to be. The devs might not think about this kind of issues, but we, collectively, certainly do and can tell them.
For example, thanks to the great prevalence of Papa Saw, Iron, Saw Blades and Aluminium are the most prevalent loot in the entire game. There should be a recipe that has the PS farmers in mind when attempting to get rid of the excess loot, and in response requires several hundreds of these (I'd even risk and say 500 each) to be crafted. Something like a Halo made of Saws or Saw Shoulder Pads...

~~~~~~

Thank you for bearing with that bunch of text, hope you agree. So now, if there's an item you always wanted, and it would make sense to build within the boundaries of zOMG!, now is the chance to ask and I'll do my best to keep it all toghter in one place. Posting drawings or pictures with stuff similar to what you have in mind would be great as well.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

How to suggest

There's no need to complicate describing an item, but for the sake of reading comprehension of everyone else, I would like just establishing a simple guideline:

[color=indigo][b][size=26]Hey! I got an idea![/size][/b][/color]
[i][u]Name:[/u][/i] (write what would you like seeing it be called, or several alternatives)

[i][u]Description:[/u][/i] (describe what the item is supposed to look like and where in your avatar it'll go to)

[i][u]Notes:[/u][/i](anything else you seem appropriate such as why you gave it that specific name, what components it should be made with... Anything you want to say, but you can also leave this empty.)

Even if you ignore this, I'll still put your idea in the posts below. I have more productive things to do than enforce bureaucracy.

Also, if you wish to suggest an alteration to someone else's idea, be free to, and more, I will try to include it below as well so that all discussion pertaining to an item stays together. But I won't post repeated ideas, convos of two users discussing which of two would look better (I will still post new details the conversation brings to the item) or just "I like this idea".

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Clothing and Accessories

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Black Witch of Ra
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Mini Buzz Saw Hair Pin

Description: A small buzz saw hair pin accessory to adorn your avatar's head. Comes in a variety of colors. A multi-pose item where the other poses are just other colors.

Notes: Makes use of the saw blades, aluminum, gold and ink. 50 bottles of ink for each color. There's 11 types of colored ink.

Black Witch of Ra

Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Atlantian Armor, Guardian of the Sea

Description: A set of Atlantian/Fish themed armor (not Order of at Atlantis, that's dragon themed) that comes with helmet, breast plate, belt, skirt, shoulder armor, cape, gauntlets, boots, weapon (sword, trident and harpoon/spear) and a fish companion/ I am pose.

Notes: Iron, Brass, Bronze, Fish Scales, Harpoon, Clam Shells, Sword Blades, Trident Heads, Silver, Gold (both loot and the money), Damascus, Platinum, Mythrill and orbs. At lot of each. . . Especially the orbs. This set should be of the masculine variant. . . Hopefully.

Black Witch of Ra
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Atlantian Maiden, Lady of the Sea

Description: A set of Atlantian/Fish themed formal wear. Dress, hair pin, head dress/crown, gloves, toga, jewelry (necklace and/or earrings), shoes and a fish companion/ I am pose. If you really want to pull a gaian's leg. . . Make it look like the famed "Sapphireback Lion" of the fishing forums.

Notes: Aluminum, Brass, Fish Scales, Pearls, Seaweed, Jewel Eyes, Clam Shells, Tropical Flowers, Sea Shells, Cloth, Ribbons, Silk, Mystic Weave, Silver, Gold (both loot and the money), Damascus, Platinum, Mythrill and orbs. At lot of each. . . Especially the orbs. This set is the "female" counter part of the Atlantian Armor/Guardian of the Sea item.

no one

Name: Marauder's Legacy

Description: http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/55695

Notes: Made by an artist, [ JK ]. To be released

no one

Name: z!F Badge

Description:http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/55229

Notes: Made by an artist, [ JK ]. To be released

no one

Name: Peelunger Hat

Description:

Notes:
Atrash the Squidmonger
gataka
@EPIC-IDEAS: PEELUNGER SKIN AND HAT. THINK ABOUT IT :V

Skin as in I Am Peelunger, or a skin coloration/texturing like a peelunger, or a background?

I'd love a peelunger hat. I'd actually wear it, even though I don't wear a lot of animated based things.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Held Items

Quintafeira12
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: BAWLZ! (do not confuse with x x)

Description: A bunch of Charge orbs spread around your avatar, either a single one held in hand, several held as a pile or juggled over head (seen below), a lot more than that spread all over around the avatar or a complete flood of charge orbs on the entire screen.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Notes: We need some sort of item that celebrates the fact that some users we're flooding in charge orbs. Or maybe we don't, but still, having them as an item is something I always wanted to see happening. It'd be just awesome to show off these orbs whenever we post. Plus, some of us are swimming in maybe 300k orbs, and I find it a fitting way to flush them out. Maybe that is much of a stretch, but I wouldn't mind seeing this item happen with the single requirement of 50k orbs, as a reward for those whiling to aimlessly farm for that long.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Companions

Black Witch of Ra
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Uncle Saw

Description: A animated buddy item of a purple/silver "papa" saw. Gives a passive Ghi boost as well as attack with a chance of sleep on the enemy. Just like Papa! But Uncle is better because he actually helps you.

Notes:Requires loads of saw blades, aluminum, iron ores and orbs. Yeah you read it right, ORBS. The item is meant to eat a nice solid chunk of the saw loot drops from the MP as well as people's inventories and make use of the dusty orbs from the orb farmers. Say about. . . . 500 of each loot item and 30k of orbs?

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Misc

Quintafeira12
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Null Chamber (Background)

Description: A Background behind our avatars that shows him/her as being being inside the Null Chamber

Notes: Pretty straightforward. A background similar to many others around gaia. We can already pretend to be in Gold Beach or even DMP. Why not the most important location in the game? Hell, we could even have some people cosplay as Trixie.

Quintafeira12
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: zOMG! Mood Bubble

Description: Need I say more?

Notes: The fact that zOMG!'s logo is a mood bubble and no one thought of this before amazes me. In fact, I'm amazed to point where I think this was indeed suggested before, but I probably forgot. Anyways, I think this could be the most epic Mood Bubble of all time.

cnoisy
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Landy!

Description: Well it'll be like a mini landshark by your side, another option for it could have it be under you with its mouth coming out of the ground to make it look like it's about to eat you. Additionally there can be an option to make yourself look similar to landsahrk, but not like an "I AM" item, more like you'll have landshark's fin on your back and its spikes on your arm, and you would be the same color as a landshark.

Notes: This would be similar to a companion, but not the same thing. This is more of a misc. item.

Comments:
Quintafeira12
The first part of this item is already made. Toothy rofl

cnoisy
the fin, spikes, etc.. part is all in one, so ya i guess u could call that part a skin lol

Uerian
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Skiff Blade

Description: You know how the bus item has several backgrounds that show different segments of the bus? This is kind of like that, showing the front, middle, and back of a fairly large skiff with a blade theme. When I say skiff, I mean like the Star Wars one, except covered in rapidly spinning saw blades. Perfect for any up-and-coming supervillains interested in a "sharp objects" theme! (Inefficient for mooks? No, you just weed out the less... sharp ones.)

Notes: Obviously, this will take a lot of blades, as well as iron and aluminum for the parts that aren't blades. Also, by all means, suggest a better name, because I can't think of a good one.

cnoisy
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Sealab X (Tail)

Description: When you equip this item, you will be given a tail. And the tail will look exactly like the Sealab X tail, only smaller so that it will fit on your avatar.

Notes: I say that the things you need to complete this recipe is to defeat the Sealab X Tail a certain amount of times, maybe 5 times. And of course gold would be needed. And maybe also a large amount of orbs. (The old orbs, not the new orbs if we do get them).

cnoisy
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Sealab X (Body)

Description: This one would be similar to the Seablab X Tail one. One option if you choose to equip this item would be to give your avatar the body of Sealab X, in other words your avatar's torso would change to look like the Sealab X Body, additionally if you equip this item your legs would disappear. Another option if you chose to equip this item would be to make your avatar's arms look like the arms of Sealab X.

Notes: Again the requirements for this recipe would be similar to the Sealab Tail one, you would need to defeat the body a certain amount of times, and also need gold. Also a large amount of orbs can possibly be required.

cnoisy
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Sealab X (Head)

Description: If you equip this item, then your avatar would be put inside the head of Sealab X. Also, if you equip it, the only part of your avatar's body that would be visible is the head, which you would be able to see through the red colored, opaque window. And of course the head would be shrunken down to actually fit on the header, etc.

Notes: Same as before, you would need to defeat the head a certain amount of times, and obtain a certain amount of gold. And maybe a large amount of orbs.

cnoisy
Hey! I got an idea!
Name: Sealab X

Description: There would be several options for this item. Two options would be to have a miniature version of Sealab X at your side, one option being your right and the other your left. Then another two options would be to have the miniature Sealab X hovering beside you, again one being right and the other being left. And finally, there would be an "I AM" pose, making your own avatar turn into an medium sized Sealab X.

Notes: This one would be a bit more difficult to obtain, you would need to defeat EB a certain amount of times, maybe 10, you would also NEED a large amount of orbs. This recipe would also be extremely rare and difficult to obtain, and would only be able to be obtained by defeating EB, again the chances though would be low. Possibly lower than the average chance of getting an Epic Recipe.

no one

Name: Peelunger Skin / I am

Description:

Notes:
Atrash the Squidmonger
gataka
@EPIC-IDEAS: PEELUNGER SKIN AND HAT. THINK ABOUT IT :V

Skin as in I Am Peelunger, or a skin coloration/texturing like a peelunger, or a background?

I'd love a peelunger hat. I'd actually wear it, even though I don't wear a lot of animated based things.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Bump and Open.

Blessed Wolf

User ImageShoot for the moon...
woohoo! first post. awesome idea biggrin

Even if you miss, you'll land among the starsUser Image

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

xXAzarielXx

Thanks. Now I just need to make sure this gets some attention so people actually post when they get an idea rather than remain quiet, as well as look for previous suggestions.

... And I have a few other threads I want to make. I've got some ideas on how to improve monsters on zOMG!

Blessed Wolf

Quintafeira12
xXAzarielXx

Thanks. Now I just need to make sure this gets some attention so people actually post when they get an idea rather than remain quiet, as well as look for previous suggestions.

... And I have a few other threads I want to make. I've got some ideas on how to improve monsters on zOMG!

ohhh awesome! i also hav a question about compnions...what is a companion?

/gets out note book
/adds +1 to Quintafeira12's name.

Kudos to you. Nice idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items