Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you care zOMG! is Gone?

YES!! I HATE GAIA FOR NOT DO ANYTHIGN ABOUT IT!! 0.6 60.0% [ 48 ]
Yes, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm going to lie down and take it like a bith 0.1375 13.8% [ 11 ]
Yes 0.225 22.5% [ 18 ]
Meh 0.0375 3.8% [ 3 ]
Not really, i never really played that much, so i could care less if it's gone or not 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
NO!! WORST THING GAIA EVE CAME UP WITH!! GOOD ******** RIDANCE!! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

To be honest Gaia has never kept any of it's games. ZOMG, Heralds of Chaos, Monster Galaxy... Those were all great games and now they are either gone or on FB.

IF I didn't have so many hangouts I'd leave gaia right now. There's no point in staying. They have so many gold sinks to lower the economy but at the same time they have all these gold giveaways to increase the economy and all the GC makes them show they only care about money now.

I don't buy GC anymore and as soon as these hang outs die out i'm bailing.

Friendly Cleric

9,000 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100
I have been on Gaia since 2004 (though my account says otherwise...hacking issue was banned because they thought it was me v-v)

But I remember the market as a very stable economy I could never sell a crapshot item for millions til recently. So the economy is broken.

Gaia cash wasnt being shoved down your throught to be the only way to get amazing items it was just there the markets prices were very fair with monthlys being between 50000-100000

It wasnt facebook (where everyones life is out there) or myspace (with their online cliks that left ppl out) It was all its own. And it was beautiful the Town was a place to meet others the Home was where you and friends hang out. Guilds were the coolest freekin thing eva. Ive watched it all.

But when zOMG came out...it was a game changer. The site as a whole exploded and its popularity went through the roof and out into web space! Q was the best Gaia Mod ever period done That and JK. it was fresh new amazing exciting examples HOLY CRAP SCARDY CAT SHEWOLF AND SMACK!(patched) OMG ITEMS THAT MAKE COOL GEAR AWESOME!!!(exploited by other things in site) OMG EB RUN RUN FOR YOUR MISERABLE LIVES (still happend lol) being a healer ment something gaia cash was not a demand but a good jesture for a great game! But then Gaia changed. Maybe some rich fat*** runs it now idk but the point is all of thats gone. the feel of an exciting place, gone. they want our money because they've made it almost imposible to use gold at all (EVEN 2k14 Halloween used gold as an attack sink WTF) its just sad. I expected better from them. I EXPECT MORE THAT A CRAPPY EXCUSE!!!

If there is a loophole find it. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES MILLIONS OF GAIANS GOT ON zOMG DAILY!!! Shouldnt our love for the game demand that they take time and fix it.

Sigh....Gaia is corrupt there i said it. They dont care about us (maybe a few ppl out of a sea of ppl do) They want their money.

Gaia staff used to dream of being big, now that they are, they dont need us... we arent important to them AND THEY BETTER NOT DARE SAY OTHERWISE!!! IF THEY CARED THEN WHEN WE SAY WE WANT THIS THEY SHOULD TAKE THE MONEY AND TIME AND FIX IT!!!! zOMG LOSING FUNDING FOR FB GAMES IS A BUSNESS FAIL!!!! IT DIDNT ATRACT PPL TO GAIA IT FORCED THEM TO LOG ON JUST TO PLAY A FB GAME IT BETTER FB OVERALL NOT US!!!

sigh....sorry for the long post but im so mad i could watch a Robofish daze all the staff and just laugh about it.

sincerly
A Heart Broken Gaian or maybe not a Gaian idk I dont feel apreciated at all. Do You?

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Dead, buried, and properly mourned, by at least one individual who seems to have a lot more emotional fortitude and a clearer head than the people who keep braying about how zOMG! being taken down is an injustice along the lines of the Rodney King trials. zOMG! may have left a void in my heart that can't be filled when it was taken down, but I refuse to let that void dominate the rest of my experiences on Gaia, for however long the site still has left before it shuts down. And I refuse to blame Gaia for making the wisest, most sensible choice they could have in taking a dying old game with a terribly outdated and inefficient code base off its life support line.

Fish

I'm still gonna play Gaia whilst I play other games. Gaia disappoints me.

Games I'll be on:

-Aura Kingdom

-Maplestory

-recolor.me (Not often)

Dapper Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
MysteryX95
If you really look at the wording of the announcement itself, there are tiny little hints that zOMG! may not be gone for all eternity. While it does certainly seem that way, there is still the possibility of it happening. There are smaller hints around the site as a whole too. this forum for one. if they intended to be gone forevermore, wouldn't this section of the forum have been locked down and archived? What about the still present zOMG tab in our inventory?

You might be right, but until I see proof of this, I'm not going to hold my breath. I have no faith left in the gaia staff. When you let a site get this bad, that people leave, and then you do nothing but compound the Problem? Then they have no right to run this site, IMO.

Dapper Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Euphoric Voodoo
Bogg The Unwashed One
Euphoric Voodoo
Games like that are millions of lines of code and with a loop hole like that there isn't much way of knowing where it might be. They'd have to search every line for something that could very well just be a misplaced 0 so it certainly wouldn't be a quick fix. However even if it takes a while I think the users would at least be willing to wait if the game was returning.

It also seems a poor decision in that zOMG was a thing keeping some people here, with it gone they're gone. When new people get here and there is no game like that to hold them are they going to stay? Who knows. It basically becomes a forum and dress up site with a few other games that you can find elsewhere. And if they can't create nice avis because of a screwed up economy it's a forum. And you can get that at plenty of other places. There is sometimes plot and events but the events have been the same for a while and the plot is sporadic at best.

SO: TLDR: Not a good decision imho

I would like to point out, that a site like Gaia, is probably a couple of ZILLION lines of code, compared to a game like zOMG! And yet, if something go's wrong with the site, they know almost exactly where the problem is and can fix it in an Instant. So for them to say that they can't fix the problem, because it's too much code to go through, is not only a steaming pile of BS, it also shows just how lazy the people who run Gaia have gotten. I wonder how long it'll be until the rest of the get's Shut Down Permanently if similar problems like this pop up.

Errors tend to be a bit different than a security loophole though. Errors tend to have clues and messages. If an error is occurring in posting images for example they can go to that specific section. And usually it's updates to the code that cause errors so they know what they just updated and fix that. Situation like this is a bit trickier.
Granted it still shows, perhaps not laziness necessarily but certainly that the don't want to put forth the money for people to turn their attention to it. I don't think they'd shut down Gaia as a whole because it's their cash cow. so there's that at least. I just worry they're going to just continue pumping us for cash and not giving us anything on the website to show for it.

Granted yes, it's Trickier to fix, but not Impossible to Fix. Gaia just gave up at the drop of a hat though. They KNOW what the problem is, and yet don't even bother to fix it. So what's got me worried is the same thing that's got you worried. These people are suppose to maintain the site. Noe they've shut down a major part of the site just because they don't want to fix it, and told us NOTHING of what they're plans for the future are.

Well, they knew there was a problem, but they probably didn't know how to fix it. From what I heard, Gaia fired most of the programmers that ran zOMG. So I'm guessing, if they weren't fired, they might have fixed this issue crap. Ugh, I'm tired of Gaia with this whole cash cow crap. I really wonder what they do with the money we pay them. burning_eyes

Write Big Fat pay checks for themselves and then laugh at all of us for still supporting them -_- . They keep fireing people too, which makes me think they no longer have they're house in order, and only the assholes who want to get rich are sitting on top of the totumpole.

Dapper Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
FollowerOfLight01
I have been on Gaia since 2004 (though my account says otherwise...hacking issue was banned because they thought it was me v-v)

But I remember the market as a very stable economy I could never sell a crapshot item for millions til recently. So the economy is broken.

Gaia cash wasnt being shoved down your throught to be the only way to get amazing items it was just there the markets prices were very fair with monthlys being between 50000-100000

It wasnt facebook (where everyones life is out there) or myspace (with their online cliks that left ppl out) It was all its own. And it was beautiful the Town was a place to meet others the Home was where you and friends hang out. Guilds were the coolest freekin thing eva. Ive watched it all.

But when zOMG came out...it was a game changer. The site as a whole exploded and its popularity went through the roof and out into web space! Q was the best Gaia Mod ever period done That and JK. it was fresh new amazing exciting examples HOLY CRAP SCARDY CAT SHEWOLF AND SMACK!(patched) OMG ITEMS THAT MAKE COOL GEAR AWESOME!!!(exploited by other things in site) OMG EB RUN RUN FOR YOUR MISERABLE LIVES (still happend lol) being a healer ment something gaia cash was not a demand but a good jesture for a great game! But then Gaia changed. Maybe some rich fat*** runs it now idk but the point is all of thats gone. the feel of an exciting place, gone. they want our money because they've made it almost imposible to use gold at all (EVEN 2k14 Halloween used gold as an attack sink WTF) its just sad. I expected better from them. I EXPECT MORE THAT A CRAPPY EXCUSE!!!

If there is a loophole find it. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES MILLIONS OF GAIANS GOT ON zOMG DAILY!!! Shouldnt our love for the game demand that they take time and fix it.

Sigh....Gaia is corrupt there i said it. They dont care about us (maybe a few ppl out of a sea of ppl do) They want their money.

Gaia staff used to dream of being big, now that they are, they dont need us... we arent important to them AND THEY BETTER NOT DARE SAY OTHERWISE!!! IF THEY CARED THEN WHEN WE SAY WE WANT THIS THEY SHOULD TAKE THE MONEY AND TIME AND FIX IT!!!! zOMG LOSING FUNDING FOR FB GAMES IS A BUSNESS FAIL!!!! IT DIDNT ATRACT PPL TO GAIA IT FORCED THEM TO LOG ON JUST TO PLAY A FB GAME IT BETTER FB OVERALL NOT US!!!

sigh....sorry for the long post but im so mad i could watch a Robofish daze all the staff and just laugh about it.

sincerly
A Heart Broken Gaian or maybe not a Gaian idk I dont feel apreciated at all. Do You?

No need to aplogize for the long post, I think you accurtly put into words the Rage and Hate a lot of us are feeling, and your absolutly 100% right. The gaia staff stopped giveing a damn a LONG time ago.

Dapper Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
Avarice Clay
Dead, buried, and properly mourned, by at least one individual who seems to have a lot more emotional fortitude and a clearer head than the people who keep braying about how zOMG! being taken down is an injustice along the lines of the Rodney King trials. zOMG! may have left a void in my heart that can't be filled when it was taken down, but I refuse to let that void dominate the rest of my experiences on Gaia, for however long the site still has left before it shuts down. And I refuse to blame Gaia for making the wisest, most sensible choice they could have in taking a dying old game with a terribly outdated and inefficient code base off its life support line.

You know, I don't agree with you, but I also don't disagree with you. Stuff like this makes me sad, people just willing to throw in the towl and give up on Gaia so easily, rather then fight and demanded that it be made better. There's nothing sadder then the lose of hope. And maby zOMG! was a bit old and dated. That's when you take it and make it better. Not just slam the casket lid down on it and call it quits.

Fish

Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Euphoric Voodoo
Bogg The Unwashed One
Euphoric Voodoo
Games like that are millions of lines of code and with a loop hole like that there isn't much way of knowing where it might be. They'd have to search every line for something that could very well just be a misplaced 0 so it certainly wouldn't be a quick fix. However even if it takes a while I think the users would at least be willing to wait if the game was returning.

It also seems a poor decision in that zOMG was a thing keeping some people here, with it gone they're gone. When new people get here and there is no game like that to hold them are they going to stay? Who knows. It basically becomes a forum and dress up site with a few other games that you can find elsewhere. And if they can't create nice avis because of a screwed up economy it's a forum. And you can get that at plenty of other places. There is sometimes plot and events but the events have been the same for a while and the plot is sporadic at best.

SO: TLDR: Not a good decision imho

I would like to point out, that a site like Gaia, is probably a couple of ZILLION lines of code, compared to a game like zOMG! And yet, if something go's wrong with the site, they know almost exactly where the problem is and can fix it in an Instant. So for them to say that they can't fix the problem, because it's too much code to go through, is not only a steaming pile of BS, it also shows just how lazy the people who run Gaia have gotten. I wonder how long it'll be until the rest of the get's Shut Down Permanently if similar problems like this pop up.

Errors tend to be a bit different than a security loophole though. Errors tend to have clues and messages. If an error is occurring in posting images for example they can go to that specific section. And usually it's updates to the code that cause errors so they know what they just updated and fix that. Situation like this is a bit trickier.
Granted it still shows, perhaps not laziness necessarily but certainly that the don't want to put forth the money for people to turn their attention to it. I don't think they'd shut down Gaia as a whole because it's their cash cow. so there's that at least. I just worry they're going to just continue pumping us for cash and not giving us anything on the website to show for it.

Granted yes, it's Trickier to fix, but not Impossible to Fix. Gaia just gave up at the drop of a hat though. They KNOW what the problem is, and yet don't even bother to fix it. So what's got me worried is the same thing that's got you worried. These people are suppose to maintain the site. Noe they've shut down a major part of the site just because they don't want to fix it, and told us NOTHING of what they're plans for the future are.

Well, they knew there was a problem, but they probably didn't know how to fix it. From what I heard, Gaia fired most of the programmers that ran zOMG. So I'm guessing, if they weren't fired, they might have fixed this issue crap. Ugh, I'm tired of Gaia with this whole cash cow crap. I really wonder what they do with the money we pay them. burning_eyes

Write Big Fat pay checks for themselves and then laugh at all of us for still supporting them -_- . They keep fireing people too, which makes me think they no longer have they're house in order, and only the assholes who want to get rich are sitting on top of the totumpole.

Ugh all them r3tards. Their system is corrupt. Let's all burn Gaia's headquarters down. c:

Dapper Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Euphoric Voodoo

Ugh all them r3tards. Their system is corrupt. Let's all burn Gaia's headquarters down. c:

Ehhh, a little extream I think. I've got a betetr Idea thouhg. I say we contact every single hacker we can and have them lock out all the Admins from the site, take it for ourselves n_n .

Fish

Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Euphoric Voodoo

Ehhh, a little extream I think. I've got a betetr Idea thouhg. I say we contact every single hacker we can and have them lock out all the Admins from the site, take it for ourselves n_n .

Good idea c;

Dapper Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize

Good idea c;

I thought it was n_n . Think I'll put an Add in the Chatterbox .

Fish

Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize

Good idea c;

Do it.

Dapper Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize

Good idea c;

Do it.

Done n_n .

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/calling-all-hackers/t.94799423/

Fish

Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize
Bogg The Unwashed One
Colourize

Good idea c;

Do it.

Done n_n .

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/calling-all-hackers/t.94799423/

gg

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items