Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Vampire

Blitz Jax
[ JK ]
Blitz Jax
Point proven that Gaia HQ is only interested in making shitty FB games and hates us. :/

That's not true, there are many artists/devs who care about the Gaia community and the projects that they are working on.
If it makes money.

If it doesn't, sweep it under the rug.

Edit;;
I meant the CEO of Gaia; I know that the artists and some devs do care about the community, as I've seen many many times with you JK, but Gaia as a business? They only care about making money.
To be fair: zOMG hasn't been meeting their expectations since it's release, so for what, three and a half years now? I do have hard feelings towards the company because they never properly finished it's production, but they didn't exactly "kill it as soon as it stopped making enough money"

Also hiii jaxxy heart heart

7,450 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Thanks for posting this [JK]. It seemed like a lot of people were getting quite confused on what you said at the dev meet, and it needed to be cleared up. Oh btw I had fun at the meet:3 So many monsters.<3 Thanks [JK].

King Monster

25,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Aseres
Blitz Jax
[ JK ]
Blitz Jax
Point proven that Gaia HQ is only interested in making shitty FB games and hates us. :/

That's not true, there are many artists/devs who care about the Gaia community and the projects that they are working on.
If it makes money.

Edit;;
I meant the CEO of Gaia; I know that the artists and some devs do care about the community, as I've seen many many times with you JK, but Gaia as a business? They only care about making money.
To be fair: zOMG hasn't been meeting their expectations since it's release, so for what, three and a half years now? I do have hard feelings towards the company because they never properly finished it's production, but they didn't exactly "kill it as soon as it stopped making enough money"

I don't see how it didn't make bank though, not with all of the people that have bought so many items and such from the cash shop. :c

Also, I miss you!! ;u; emotion_hug

Mystical Shoujo

30,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Well, the game may be on maintenance mode for a long while, but at least it's not being taken down. I'm really happy for that. I'm sad that there won't be any updates anymore but I still have a fun place to hangout with my friends. Good luck on your new project [JK]! I don't really use FB sweatdrop but if it's to support you, I'll be happy to play the new game you guys are working so hard on. heart

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

So, I have just one question: does this mean we can expect never to see any updates to open DMS to the public, to cycle events like Easter and Halloween on and off the servers, and just in general not see any fixes unless they are major game-breaking errors?

I'm not saying those things can't happen, but I just want to be clear on the fact that the chance for maintenance is low.

IRL Vampire

Blitz Jax
Aseres
Blitz Jax
[ JK ]
Blitz Jax

If it makes money.

Edit;;

I don't see how it didn't make bank though, not with all of the people that have bought so many items and such from the cash shop. :c

Also, I miss you!! ;u; emotion_hug
No doubt it made *some* money, but I guess it didn't make enough to justify the 20 people that spent 3 years developing that game, and the rather large team that would've been required to keep adding content to the game ><

missed you too heart hope you're well!
[ JK ]

Hi Bokun, the game that I'm working on doesn't have a name yet, but it's one of the games that got previewed at Ohayocon and referred to as "high fantasy strategy game". According to Pan, we plan on releasing it on both Gaia and Facebook.
Wait a minute.
Do you need a FB account for this game?

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
Considering the fact that the MMO was the goal from the original founders of Gaia, it's really sad to see zOMG become a secondary function now. D:

IRL Vampire

Wavy Blue
[ JK ]

Hi Bokun, the game that I'm working on doesn't have a name yet, but it's one of the games that got previewed at Ohayocon and referred to as "high fantasy strategy game". According to Pan, we plan on releasing it on both Gaia and Facebook.
Wait a minute.
Do you need a FB account for this game?
Seeing that they're in early development stages I'd say it's too early to ask this question, but it's likely that you won't need one if they plan on releasing it on Gaia.

Aged Nerd

MistressMinako
So, I have just one question: does this mean we can expect never to see any updates to open DMS to the public, to cycle events like Easter and Halloween on and off the servers, and just in general not see any fixes unless they are major game-breaking errors?

I'm not saying those things can't happen, but I just want to be clear on the fact that the chance for maintenance is low.

My cynical side begs for release: we won't see any more Devs working on zOMG until another long exploited "glitch" is fixed and the players who remained loyal to the game are once again slapped in the face with labels such as "abuser."

xp
/cynical side

To JK: Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to zOMG! heart

After spending hundreds of hours and a hundred bucks on power-ups, etc. for DMS, I quit playing because I don't have an Integrity Ring. I was turned away from one crew because I didn't have one. Once was enough for me.

It would be nice if those of us who don't have the Integrity Ring would be able to get one somehow...
confused

raijinto's Senpai

Beloved Lunatic

I'm getting the feeling that HQ is trying to kill zOMG and brainwash us into the shitty facebook games. BRB dying more.

Quotable Consumer

13,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
so long as it's not 'shutting' down completely I'm content and willing to stay to see it through and to see if gaia picks it up again later on. Though I am sad to hear this gonk sweatdrop

Invisible Citizen

Thank you for clarifying the situation. This is a really disheartening development, but hopefully we can keep the zOMG community active and growing enough to warrant a second look from the CEO in the near future.

Are there any chances of things like DMS difficulty levels happening in the coming months, or should we expect total stagnancy?

Newbie Newb

Thanks for everything, JK (and everyone else of course). 'twas a lot of fun. (:
Just glad it's not being shut down completely.

Do well on your next project, will you? c;

Desirable Vampire

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • PvP 200
I've been a member for a decent amount of time and I must say I would never quit gaiaonline. I play zOMG for hours on end every day and I make tons of new friends. I think zOMG is in fact my favorite part of gaiaonline. I had heard the rumors of it going away and thought "what the heck?!". Thank you JK for making the announcement to clear things up. I hope your career continues to go well no matter what happens.
Also please give my thankful regards to the gaiaonline staff and yourself for all the hard work. All of you have worked so hard to make gaiaonline as it is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff