Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
So I have been leveling up a character for my boyfriend, since we recently started playing together and he doesn't have as much time. This has been fun for me, going back through all of the original quests and really experiencing the game from the start.

Anyway, I got to the mill, and I figured I'd do a run before I did the quest line in Basken,
just to get myself up to a decent enough CL to solo in the area.

I got a crew, some CL10+ who were just gold farming really.... and everyone kind of stood around for awhile not going in - they started getting frustrated and talking about a "glitch" that wasn't allowing them into the mill, that it had been going on for years, and asking when zomg was ever going to fix it ... And I was really confused, because I personally in maybe 5 years of PS never had anything like that happen..... But after a few minutes of talking about it, it came up that potentially none of them had actually done the quest to allow them to lead into the mill. Some people swore they had, but said they maybe had to do it again, which I'm pretty sure you can't because that one isn't repeatable...

This to me seemed a little bizarre and amusing - I know from going back and starting a new character,
that I personally did skip a lot of the non-essential quests....
But I really was surprised that such a high number of people seemed to have never actually gotten the ability to actually lead a crew in.

What I was wondering is, how much of the quests can you actually skip and still get up to CL 10, by just going in with other people who did them and farming orbs to level up; and furthermore to then enter into DMS and continue to 10+.

Thoughts?

heart heart heart

Omnipresent Warlord

Iraxi_Rayne
So I have been leveling up a character for my boyfriend, since we recently started playing together and he doesn't have as much time. This has been fun for me, going back through all of the original quests and really experiencing the game from the start.

Anyway, I got to the mill, and I figured I'd do a run before I did the quest line in Basken,
just to get myself up to a decent enough CL to solo in the area.

I got a crew, some CL10+ who were just gold farming really.... and everyone kind of stood around for awhile not going in - they started getting frustrated and talking about a "glitch" that wasn't allowing them into the mill, that it had been going on for years, and asking when zomg was ever going to fix it ... And I was really confused, because I personally in maybe 5 years of PS never had anything like that happen..... But after a few minutes of talking about it, it came up that potentially none of them had actually done the quest to allow them to lead into the mill. Some people swore they had, but said they maybe had to do it again, which I'm pretty sure you can't because that one isn't repeatable...

This to me seemed a little bizarre and amusing - I know from going back and starting a new character,
that I personally did skip a lot of the non-essential quests....
But I really was surprised that such a high number of people seemed to have never actually gotten the ability to actually lead a crew in.

What I was wondering is, how much of the quests can you actually skip and still get up to CL 10, by just going in with other people who did them and farming orbs to level up; and furthermore to then enter into DMS and continue to 10+.

Thoughts?

heart heart heart

You could skip all of them.
This shouldn't be surprising. A lot of people who do ps have no interest in the game itself so have no idea about the details of the area. They just hear there's an instance in zOMG! that gives you good gold and they come a runnin.

Although I don't remember if activating ps requires you to go through the main story quests or not or if simply completing Gustav's quests are sufficient.

Fatcat

You don't have to do any quests to level to a full 10 or even 12.
All you have to do is farm an area that gives decent orbs.
I skipped a lot of the quests and then went back and did them after I was leveled.

Magic Seeker

12,625 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Magical Girl 50
My sister got me into the game. owo She had an earlier start so I had to catch up to her. But I still wanted to crew with her, even if we didn't have the same quests. So, we ended up doing hers, even tho I didn't receive said quests.
I didn't really bother with doing them or the order. o3o In fact, I ended up dmsing before smebing.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
You don't have to do any of the quests, really. It's just better than grinding ps hundreds of times until you've hit your desired level.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff