Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
First of all, credit goes to Ung. As to why I am making a solo thread for this idea as it is a big idea and very distracting so I didn't want to steal from Ung's topic.

Basically this, a spirit/summon/aura that only activates when the player is the crew leader. A tactical bonus, if you will. These would be bought with orbs starting at 10k and up. Yes, decently expensive but also decently powerful.

Example: SykoCaster and I are in a crew with some randoms just wanting to make some gold, so we set him as Crew leader because he bought the 30k leader power, Pirate's Bounty. So we are all making bonus gold. However, we get bored later and decide to hit up hard mode SS with people we don't know. So we switch over to me as crew leader and I activate Shadow Dragon which cost me 30k as well, a power that gives us all life leech when we do a critical hit.

These are leadership powers that only activate when you have the crown. So they would also work when you are soloing. They would have a high cost in orbs but would also have a decent effect.

Yes, technically you could end up with all of them but can only use one at a time and the cost of getting all of them, especially the more powerful ones, would keep you farming orbs for a long time. So the cost would nudge you towards selecting a select number of powers to suit your style of play.

Examples of possible powers include:
Pirate's Bounty, a power that gives you gold whenever you make a critical hit.
Shadow Dragon, a power that gives you a boost of healing when you make a critical hit
Healer's Boon, a power that gives you a chance to critically heal your allies.
Soul Stealer, a power that increases your chance of getting orbs to drop.
Drill Sergeant, a power that gives everybody a boost to dodge, accuracy, and armor
Anger, a power that increases critical hit damage
Backhand, a power that increases Knockback on all attacks
Parasite, a power that gives stamina back on critical hits
Insomnia, a power that grants immunity to sleep
Zealotry, a power that grants immunity to fear
Armorer, a power that grants a bonus to armor granting rings
Haste, a power that decreases ring cooldown time
Thorns, a power that gives a constant damage back to attackers
Overwhelm, a power that gives a damage boost to rings
Sandman, a power that gives sleep effect on all attacks
Venom, a power that gives weak DoT on all attacks (stacks with normal DoT)
Horror, a power that gives Fear on all attacks
Entangle, a power that gives Root on all attacks

Obviously, there is tweaking to be had but I am curious to see who all would even consider this power as something worth their orbs or would enjoy having them as part of crew tactics.

SykoCaster

Well, for price... why not make them upgradable?
              Just to buy the "Aura", something low, like 1k orbs. Less even.
              That would just give you a basic, weak, leadership bonus.
              Upgrade it for 3k orbs, you get a stronger leadership bonus, plus, say, the Crit bonus.
              Upgrade it again for 6k orbs, you get a slightly stronger leadership bonus, plus a non-crown bonus.
              And just keep going.

tangocat777
oh, nother idea, make it only work if your crewmates are on the same screen. New players are probably going to be dependant on oldbies, so using this as a way to put a leash on them would be doubly awesome.

Quintafeira12
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anyways, that was what I was saying I had in mind for a tech tree idea. You can only access this screen from the null chamber, and it serves for both buying and "equipping" an aura. First you have to buy the basic Aura which gives a very minor boost, and then you upgrade from there in any path you want. The more to the right, the more the orbs you need to turn in. The top branch would be the Pirate's Bounty Branch, the second the Shadow Dragon branch and so on. Any auras you already bought would have a glow around them to indicate that you already have it. On the right, a description window shows the picture, the name, the strength of the aura and if you don't already have the aura, the amount of orbs you currently have and the cost of upgrading the aura.

oh, and bump.
Interesting concept

however, I would also want to implement fail rates, because the concepts you introduce here will make the game a little bit too lucrative and easy to handle...

also, I wouldn't make it available to use in soloing... that defeats the purpose of the name

other than that, I give the idea a 4/5 wink

Distinct Warlord

Silly you, you did not need to credit me xd

I love the idea, actually. Will make the Leader worth thinking who will be and why. Not just a random n00b leading warriors
(No offense to anybody in particular xd )
I enjoy the names you gave them, too. ninja

Questions:
1) The orbs are needed to upgrade the ability or you mean something different?
2) It's a passive ability, right?
3) Then it would work as a set but for the whole crew, right? Then Life Leech should be crew oriented too. Healer Boon could give you instead of a Health Bonus, a Stamina Recover Bonus.

PS: Add a poll, attracts people. ninja

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
Silly you, you did not need to credit me xd

I love the idea, actually. Will make the Leader worth thinking who will be and why. Not just a random n00b leading warriors
(No offense to anybody in particular xd )
I enjoy the names you gave them, too. ninja

Questions:
1) The orbs are needed to upgrade the ability or you mean something different?
2) It's a passive ability, right?
3) Then it would work as a set but for the whole crew, right? Then Life Leech should be crew oriented too. Healer Boon could give you instead of a Health Bonus, a Stamina Recover Bonus.

1) Yes they would be bought with orbs, starting at 10,000 orbs and beyond. So you at least have to have some game time beyond CL 10 under your belt.

2) Yes, passive ability

3) It would work for the whole crew, so with Healer's Boon, anybody in the crew could do Critical Healing on somebody and heal more than usual.

Inuyasha: Well, I have them work for Soloers because they shouldn't be left out of a form of specialization and this wouldn't too big of a deal. You should also note that there is a bit of balance to it as a lot of them function off critical hit chance. And technically it wouldn't defeat the name if the soloer is an army of one. wink

Distinct Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
1) Yes they would be bought with orbs, starting at 10,000 orbs and beyond. So you at least have to have some game time beyond CL 10 under your belt.
2) Yes, passive ability
3) It would work for the whole crew, so with Healer's Boon, anybody in the crew could do Critical Healing on somebody and heal more than usual.
Inuyasha: Well, I have them work for Soloers because they shouldn't be left out of a form of specialization and this wouldn't too big of a deal. You should also note that there is a bit of balance to it as a lot of them function off critical hit chance. And technically it wouldn't defeat the name if the soloer is an army of one. wink

OH WOW. How many orbs you say? Then just drop the number a little. I say 1K to 20K is ok, but having them further than that it's just crazy. Genius, but crazy.

Side note: For the system, when you play solo you ARE the leader of your own crew.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ungoliath
DeathWyrmNexus
2) Yes, passive ability

OH WOW. How many orbs you say? Then just drop the number a little. I say 1K to 20K is ok, but having them further than that it's just crazy. Genius, but crazy.

I like to be a mad genius at times, mad as in insane or mad as in pissed is best left to perspective. My reasoning for 10k+ is this...

We are nowhere near end of game so this isn't endgame content. We are at Chapter 1 in a story where it seems as those all is well, right before it escalates and we see that not all is well, etc etc. So, this fits as end of first chapter content. It means that you've played the game enough not to be a complete n00b when Chapter 2 comes out.

Distinct Warlord

DeathWyrmNexus
I like to be a mad genius at times, mad as in insane or mad as in pissed is best left to perspective. My reasoning for 10k+ is this...
We are nowhere near end of game so this isn't endgame content. We are at Chapter 1 in a story where it seems as those all is well, right before it escalates and we see that not all is well, etc etc. So, this fits as end of first chapter content. It means that you've played the game enough not to be a complete n00b when Chapter 2 comes out.

Still, I think that a reasonable frame would 5K-25K. Keep it casual. Hard, but casual. Think that in the whole time you try to get one of these auras you will probably get one of the elite new rare recipes xd

Blessed Seeker

9,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100

yeah the orb price is a bit high, it depends on how long you've been playing really but the general idea is great.
Someone been playing Guild Wars? Assasin critical hits with skills leading to energy & health gain. Healers Boon= divine enchantment on monk profession that increases healing, but uses more energy.
This would be good for the zOMG expansion whenever it's out, most useful when it's going to go towards advancing.

It would be even better if it was a rare 'scroll' that dropped on occasion, enabling those with less orbs to utilise these.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Eh, I'd rather have something worth going for but I do see your point. However, I am still sticking to my guns because I don't see casual as an excuse not to be able to get 10k orbs on a game you actually like.

Wheezing Warlord

Needs some tweaking, as you said, but I love it.

I suggested something a long time ago, which I called Leadership skills.
              Basically, it is a passive ability that effects the whole crew.
              It was actually inspired by the release of the "Spectrum" ring, which eventually became fitness.
              A passive ability, like Ghi, that effected your crew.
              Worked slightly differently, but very similar.

An example would be the Pirate Captain. Obviously.
              Whenever you're in a crew, leader or not, there would be a minor luck boost.
              This would stack with other people with the same ability.
              When you're the leader, though, it becomes a much larger luck boost, along with an accuracy boost, and "Jackpot" ability, which which grants an excess of Gold upon a critical hit.
              Demon Lord would provide a small health regen boost, and with Leader, adds a 15% damage increase with, like your ability, health boost with Criticals.

There were a few more, but you get the idea.
              And all the abilities worked along these lines.
              A minor boost from everyone with the ability, but a focus depending on who was leader.

Incase you want to cannibalize any of that into your idea.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Psyri

yeah the orb price is a bit high, it depends on how long you've been playing really but the general idea is great.
Someone been playing Guild Wars? Assasin critical hits with skills leading to energy & health gain. Healers Boon= divine enchantment on monk profession that increases healing, but uses more energy.
This would be good for the zOMG expansion whenever it's out, most useful when it's going to go towards advancing.

It would be even better if it was a rare 'scroll' that dropped on occasion, enabling those with less orbs to utilise these.

I wouldn't consider 10k high, considering that even as a lazy zealot, I still have over 50k orbs. 10k just means you've played a decent bit.

Ladykiller

I see how this could be a really interesting idea, but I absolutely hate it.
How we play now is fine (though, pets would be nice and MAYBE summons). This aurora idea? It's too much.

The orbs needed to use that is outrageous. I've been playing since the zetas, quit for a little bit, and only have around 5k in orbs. I'm against the idea of farming to use the aurora for such a limited time.

And what about your crew? Does this aurora effect them as well? If so, then it doesn't really stop anyone from being that, "random n00b leading warrior." :

The idea has a lot of work to do.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
SykoCaster

Needs some tweaking, as you said, but I love it.

I suggested something a long time ago, which I called Leadership skills.
              Basically, it is a passive ability that effects the whole crew.
              It was actually inspired by the release of the "Spectrum" ring, which eventually became fitness.
              A passive ability, like Ghi, that effected your crew.
              Worked slightly differently, but very similar.

An example would be the Pirate Captain. Obviously.
              Whenever you're in a crew, leader or not, there would be a minor luck boost.
              This would stack with other people with the same ability.
              When you're the leader, though, it becomes a much larger luck boost, along with an accuracy boost, and "Jackpot" ability, which which grants an excess of Gold upon a critical hit.
              Demon Lord would provide a small health regen boost, and with Leader, adds a 15% damage increase with, like your ability, health boost with Criticals.

There were a few more, but you get the idea.
              And all the abilities worked along these lines.
              A minor boost from everyone with the ability, but a focus depending on who was leader.

Incase you want to cannibalize any of that into your idea.

Personally I like your idea. I'd spend all fifty thousand of my orbs if I could get a Shadow Dragon power that gave me a fun package of extras when I'm leader but had a constant passive bonus.

However, I do try to start with weaker ideas because I am dreadfully tired of fanboys and the game balance Warblegarble. So yea, looks like we just need some sort of compliance on price and and actually statement on what the ability would be worth when you had it.

Blessed Seeker

9,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
DeathWyrmNexus
Psyri

I wouldn't consider 10k high, considering that even as a lazy zealot, I still have over 50k orbs. 10k just means you've played a decent bit.

19k orbs here, been playing a reasonable while, but going after those bonuses, which are tempting would hurt other cl10's orb counts quicker. 1-5k sounds more reasonable.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ps- Me Wub Yew
I see how this could be a really interesting idea, but I absolutely hate it.
How we play now is fine (though, pets would be nice and MAYBE summons). This aurora idea? It's too much.

The orbs needed to use that is outrageous. I've been playing since the zetas, quit for a little bit, and only have around 5k in orbs. I'm against the idea of farming to use the aurora for such a limited time.

And what about your crew? Does this aurora effect them as well? If so, then it doesn't really stop anyone from being that, "random n00b leading warrior." :

The idea has a lot of work to do.

[stale phone voice]I'm sorry, the rant you've attempted to make is invalid. Please reread the Op and try again.[/stale phone voice]

Seriously, half of what you just said isn't even based on what my idea is even about. Please don't make up s**t to complain about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff