Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

For those who are tired of looking for either members or a crew, I present:
The Crew Board!

Simple, if you're looking to join a crew, you open the board, surf the offers, and simply join the crew you're interested in. No asking or waiting involved. (See note 1)

For those who wish to start a crew, they fill a small form, validate/send it, and wait for above to happen.

Great? Here's how I see it:
User Image

1. Filters:
  • Local (default): offers originating from the area you currently are in.
  • Global: offers from anywhere. If you want to know if there's a Hive crew forming up in the OA while you're in Barton, here's your chance (See note 2)
  • Clan: crews started by members of your Clan, regardless of where they are.
  • Friends: as above, replace "Clan" with "people on your friend list".

2. Offer Table Header:
  • Goal: what the crew is for/intends to do.
  • # : number of places available (and how many are taken).
  • CL: range of Character Level accepted (you must have an appropriate level before joining, else it won't work).
  • VOIP: will the crew use it or not.

3. Current Offers:
  • CLICK: and the game will teleport you there ( See note 3).
  • "+": Drop Down Menu:
    For Players :
    -Leader Info: crew's leader character information is displayed.
    -Whisper: contacts said leader.
    -Share: "(Sharing player's/Sender's name) wants you to join this crew: "(Crews Goal)"by (Crew's Leader Name). Accept/Decline?

For the Crew's leader :
    -Edit: obvious.
    -Ban List: people on this list can't join your Crew, but aren't placed on your "Ignore" list.
    -Delete: obvious.

4. Stuff: Press "Recrewt" to start a new crew. Press "Refresh" to update/actualize the Board.

5. Crew Setup: the form will ask for the following:
  • Goal: what is the crew for. Make it short and complete.
  • CL Range: obvious.
  • Number of players wanted: 1 to 5.
  • VOIP: Yes/No.
  • Password: like other Gaia games game rooms.
  • Global: Yes/No (See note 1. Again.)
  • (TCL Range: See note 5)

~~~

Notes:
  1. Passwords could be implemented. For recurring trouble makers, the Ban list stops them from joining this particular crew, and "Ignore" could be used for the heavy cases. And you can still do it the old Invite-way.
  2. Global/Clan/Friend will also display the crew's Leader current location. The Leader will be given the option of being globally visible or not (Clan/Friends still will see everything).
  3. I'm not too sure of teleportation: might place an additional strain on the servers and we may end up with people using the utility just to skip parts of the maps, jumping straight to the Blood Tree for example. Anyhow, if the crew leader is currently within an instance, the new member is teleported at its entrance.
  4. I doubt "Goals" could be used to cause trouble, but in the event of some wise guy using this feature to do so, the word filters will protect poor eyes, Ignore could be used in personal affairs (does ignore work?), and I guess reporting the user for the offenses/trouble is feasible.
  5. I thought of having TCLs used, but they're uncertain, the goal is to speed things up, and I fear elitism. I doubt this would be a true issue, thought.
  6. The board could possibly be made available on the server choosing screen, if teleportation is possible and the creation of new crews is disabled. Jump straight into the action!
  7. This whole thing may be a nightmare to implement. The idea is what's important. : D

~~~

Want? No want? Why? Whirly wool wall potato? D:
Whirly wool wall potato ;D

I would definitely want the recrewt panel replaced with this. I'm never able to see where my clan is (even though I send out announcements daily). The problem is that you can't jump to a clan member's clan if they are on a different server (which would be awesome!).
But by anything else, this looks great!
Dude, great ideas. Maybe you should be hired to join the dems, cauz I would never come up wit this stuff lol

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Oooh sexy.

I reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyy want, even if I might only use it once... maybe twice ;O

but we could still use the classic crewing way if we wanted, right? Because its soooo easier to set sumfin up on skype and all go on the server and invite and crap then setting up a crew on the list thingy.

I'd even consider trying random crewing sometime to meet some new people :O

Familiar Lunatic

Saburoo
Oooh sexy.

I reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyy want, even if I might only use it once... maybe twice ;O

but we could still use the classic crewing way if we wanted, right? Because its soooo easier to set sumfin up on skype and all go on the server and invite and crap then setting up a crew on the list thingy.

I'd even consider trying random crewing sometime to meet some new people :O
I would likely never use it... until I get a new comp or something. But, yep. You still can send invites. But it's like using snail mail when you have the Interwebz within your reach. >.>

@InuYasha 1291: Thanks! I doubt cross server teleportin' is possible, but it would awesome! ;D Didn't spot any issues?

Dapper Sex Symbol

2,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
We need this. NOW!

Newbie Noob

9,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Overstocked 200
This is a really good idea, I would use it all the time.

Perfect Pitcher

Nice idea, it's like an enhanced version of the Recrewt forum, except people will actually read this one. Plus it looks very organized.

Mega Fatcat

I really like this. It would make the Recrewting forum even more dead. X)

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Patience is the greatest of all virtues
User Image

If this is implemented, I think the Recrewt forum will become redundant.
This Crew Board is actually much more user-friendly and efficient IMO.

User Image
For Patience is the companion of Wisdom
User Image

10,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
User Image~~~~~Join The~~~~~User Image

This is a really good idea, it is something I would use for sure.

User Image~~~~~Zomg Olympics!!!!~~~~~User Image
I don't get it. I must be chart-challenged. It seems overwhelming. Sorry. I'm going to go stand in a corner right now.

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
Ramius1
If this is implemented, I think the Recrewt forum will become redundant.
This Crew Board is actually much more user-friendly and efficient IMO.
I know, right?

I think a feature the board should have is that any listings made by a user are deleted once they completely log off a server. That way, it would trump the Recrewt forum again by being current and relevant to who is actually online and playing.

And you totally hooked me when you mentioned the Hive. XD

Rainbow Deadeye

9,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
I also lurve this idea.

The current recrewting panel in-game is utter crap. You just get random invites from people without knowing what they want to do. There's no system to joining a crew, but it's an integral part of the game?

The current Recrewting sub-forum is also utter crap. People who are in the game are playing the game. Most people, myself included, can't actually check the forums while playing as it causes all sorts of computer hell. It's only good for organising a crew way in advance. And even then, most new users haven't even noticed it as they're playing the game.

Yes.

Familiar Lunatic

Thankyou everyone! All I hear on the Beach is people looking for Crews and Crews looking for people. The current Recrewt panel effectively tells you nothing about what those people are interested in doing (and you're not even sure if they're aware of the feature's existence) and even if it did, it seems simpler to have players look for what they want instead of having a single Leader search for five persons interested in taking part in the kind of adventure he's getting ready for.

I simply didn't think of the consequences this could have on the Recrewting sub-forum. It likely wouldn't survive, even if I think it still has some advantages over the idea: you don't have to be in the game to set things up, as mentioned, you can prepare in advance, and you can go in much greater details. I thought of somehow integrating in the Board something that would allow a Leader to give more details, but there's already a lot of info and I doubt such a feature would be used frequently. Plus, the main motivation behind all this is that I want to really speed things up. Too often have I waited 15+ minutes for a crew to form and start having real fun. Having to read a two page long job offer goes against this. I think the sub forum would have to be integrated in the main forum, or something.

@Madame llb: I tried my best at not bombarding people with info. I tend to do such. Lets see... Forgoing minute details, the feature would sort of do the following:
-Player Bob wants to fight some Boss, and to do so he needs a crew.
-He looks at the Board , but finds no crew forming up to fight the Boss he wants.
-He writes down on paper what he wishes to do and the requirements that must be met for a member to be accepted.
-Bob places this advertisement on the Board and waits.

-Player Alice wishes to fight the same Boss as Player Bob, and she also needs a crew.
-Alice looks at the advertisements placed on the Board for a crew looking to fight said Boss.
-She finds Bob's advertisement and realizes she meets the requirements.
-Alice, then, simply joins Bob and waits with him for other players to join them.
-When the crew is completed and they are ready, they go fight the Boss. And succeed. After a few fun failures.

That’s the brute of it. Clear?

Familiar Lunatic

Lets bring this back on the front page.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out