Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obligatory Poll.

Obligatory Poll Whore. 1 100.0% [ 81 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Wheezing Warlord

Idea Number One;

If you read the replies to that thread, the one issue most people have is the "fail rates".
              The idea of questing for recipes, loot, and orbs, only to lose them, turns a lot of people off.
              So, what if, and stick with me on this one; you could quest for a success rate.
              This would work in one of three ways;

One - Crafting "Skill".
              As you craft any zOMG! item, you'd accumulate "Crafting EXP".
              The rarer the item crafted, the more EXP you'd get.
              After, say, 10 EXP, you'll reach Level 1, giving a 1% bonus to all your success rates.
              After that, it'll take 35 EXP to get to Level 2, giving another 1% bonus, for a total of 2%.
              It'll allow you to craft more items in order to increase your success rate.
              You really want those wearable Bat's Backwings to succeed? Make a couple hundred other recipes to practice.

Syko's Notes; Practice makes perfect. It makes sense. I'd love to see this implemented, but I'm not too hopeful. Also allows a possibility of "Crafting Stores" in the Gaia Exchange.
              Pros; Increased demand for loot and recipes, and therefore increased value.
              Cons; Increased supply of completed items, and therefore decreased value.

Two - Null Fragments
              Ya'll remember Null Fragments?
              Bring them back, as an optional addition to the ingredient pool for items.
              They would be a rather rare drop, from any animated, with slightly higher drop rates the higher the animated's CL.
              When confirming that you have everything and want to go ahead and make the item, you're also given a Null Fragment count, and a text box to type a two-digit number into.
              Every Null Fragment adds an extra 1% chance of success.
              Null Fragments could also be added to Nicu's shop, sold for Cash, for lazier people.
              However they would still be available as drops.

Syko's Notes; Most likely to happen, as the coding is relatively easy. Could also be used in addition to the Crafting Skill idea.
              Pros; Gives you control over your success rates, could generate GCash for Gaia.
              Cons; Adds more grinding to a grinding quest. Remedied by GC, but still.

Three - Crafting Game.
              Make a Mini-game for crafting.
              The better you do in the mini-game, the higher your chances of success.
              I'm not sure what the mini-game could be, but something craft-related.
              With practice, high success rates would be easier to obtain.
              You could even ask friends to make the recipes for you.

Syko's Notes; Not my favorite idea, but it still works. Like the "Skill" idea, opens the possibility of "Crafting Stores" in the Gaia Exchange.
              Pros; Fun little game, skill-related success.
              Cons; Need to make a whole new game, could easily get tedious.

Ungoliath

About the third thing not happening: You know, doesn't need to be like that. It's why I mention the Dance Game we had for Prom. You only need to change the graphics a bit, but the work of it wouldn't change that much. You have already the code and seems that people would like to play that game again.
              It's fun and failure rate goes according to your skills. The level of each phase (Without new songs, it's just timing your keys and using a random zOMG music) depends on the rarity of the recipe. The more rare, the more difficult and duration. If you fail, one drop goes away. Never gold, though.
              The Nulls can be also implemented to add to the result of that game some percentage of winning.

The code is already on Gaia. You just needs to adapt it.

Chokin

You could even add a badge for a certain score or something.

S1mbo

Another way I thought of would be based on the number of ingredients or orbs you put in. You could for example try crafting an item when you have only half the orbs needed, but its risky as your fail rate increases. The opposite being that using double the orbs needed is safer, and reduces the fail rate.

Wheezing Warlord

Idea Number Two;

This one has a bit of a backstory.
              And it's totally greedy and self-centered on my part.
              But I think most people can agree with it.

When JK posted the pictures of the concept art for the Pirate sets, I was happy.
              Quite happy, actually. It got me playing zOMG again.
              I liked the first guy's boots.
              I liked the second guy's hat.
              I loved the idea of finally getting a baldric.
              And the swords, (if they have a sheathed option) are just awesome.
              I'd probably end up collecting all of them.

But then an evil, evil thoughts entered my head.
              [********. This s**t's all going to be in Brown or Navy Blue... I can't use it.
              I'm very picky, and stick to my Black and Gold.

But then I got an idea. From Rina.
              Specifically, from her Exchange.
              Let's go over it, shall we?
              First, you select the flower you want to use. Kinda like picking a recipe.
              Then you select how many flowers you want to use. Like an extended picking of a recipe.
              Then you're given the option to dye the wrapping
              WHUUUUUT?

You see where I'm going with this?
              What if, just before completion, you're given the option to use INK on your recipe, changing it's color.
              Now, naturally, this would require more than one ink. Maybe 10, maybe 50. Depending on the item.

Ofcourse, this wouldn't work on every item. Mostly just clothing and accessories.
              You're not going to be getting a purple Garden Gnome. Maybe.

Syko's Notes;
              Pros; Makes recipes like store items, giving you a lot more freedom and choice. Makes the items even more valuable, since you can get it in a handful of different colors. Revitalizes the Bug/Ink market to something around before they were included in the Daily Chance.
              Cons; Need to recolor a crapload of items. They do it for EIs, though, and it seems totally worth it, IMO.

Distinct Warlord

Just when I'm leaving xd
And yay for peer-pressure. heart Since when this forum didn't have in time of events such a cool threads? xd
I'll read the rest later and leave my thougths.

QUICK EDIT: The third one is the best for me. I love mini game, and after I played Harry Potter (You can insult me later, not now) I loved having to make my own potions and not just press a button. It would be cool if it works somehow similar to Dance Revolution game, in which your timing is the key.

Eloquent Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Eww.

No skill, no fragment/orb/CL limitations...

I want plain ol' crafting.
Get the items required, give them to Nicu, and then you get the item.

Technically speaking you aren't even the one making the items. You turn in materials.

I think the new plans for requiring past recipes and charge orbs and such to craft the new items sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Regardless, what we say has nothing to do with what they choose to do anymore.
So I'll just buy the items with gold like always. ;o

A mini-game would be cool though, actually.

Wheezing Warlord

iTessen
Eww.

No skill, no fragment/orb/CL limitations...

I want plain ol' crafting.
Get the items required, give them to Nicu, and then you get the item.

Technically speaking you aren't even the one making the items. You turn in materials.

I think the new plans for requiring past recipes and charge orbs and such to craft the new items sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Regardless, what we say has nothing to do with what they choose to do anymore.
So I'll just buy the items with gold like always. ;o

A mini-game would be cool though, actually.

Well you think the original idea is ridiculous, so ofcourse you're not going to like anything building on the idea.
              I'm just trying to numb the sting of Failure rates.
              xd

Eloquent Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Failure rates....?

You're ******** kidding me right...?

Meh. I think Gaia just needs to keep things the way they are.
They are horrible about changing EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME.
If it's not broke, then don't fix it.
I was wondering about the crafting thing myself.

I think a system where the more you craft, the better you are at crafting would be interesting. It rewards you for putting effort in.

Another way I thought of would be based on the number of ingredients or orbs you put in. You could for example try crafting an item when you have only half the orbs needed, but its risky as your fail rate increases. The opposite being that using double the orbs needed is safer, and reduces the fail rate.

Wheezing Warlord

S1mbo

Added to OP.
              3nodding

@Tess; I said you had to read the original thread...
              xd

Eloquent Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Thing is.... we aren't even crafting.
-__-;

We just collect stuff and then give it to an NPC.

Not just for bugs/ink/trash but for zOMG! too.

Making a skill... a minigame... a failure rate wouldn't even make any sense.

However if everything was changed and we do craft them ourselves.... should ink/bugs/trash crafting go towards zOMG! recipe crafting too?

AND I'M TOO LAZY TO READ THE OTHER THREAD BAWW.

Wheezing Warlord

iTessen

However if everything was changed and we do craft them ourselves.... should ink/bugs/trash crafting go towards zOMG! recipe crafting too?.

That's what's in my second post.
              3nodding
I absolutely LOVE this idea.
I've played a lot of Solar Boy Django in my day, and one of my favorite parts was the crafting mini-game.

the Failure rates would be hard to figure out, though, with a mini game... perhaps it would change the difficulty setting on the game?

I mean, if you haven't played Solar Boy Django, it might be hard to understand what i'm talking about, but I want that. exactly that, to a T.

Wheezing Warlord

O Prince Azure
I absolutely LOVE this idea.
I've played a lot of Solar Boy Django in my day, and one of my favorite parts was the crafting mini-game.

the Failure rates would be hard to figure out, though, with a mini game... perhaps it would change the difficulty setting on the game?

I mean, if you haven't played Solar Boy Django, it might be hard to understand what i'm talking about, but I want that. exactly that, to a T.

I know exactly what you're talking about and that's pretty much what I had in mind.

I'm thinking one difficulty, where it's easy to get a few points, but a lot harder to get a lot.
              Or, it could increase percentages of the percentage.

Like if you get 40/100 points in the mini-game, on an item with a 70% success rate, your success would increase by 40% of 30%, which would give you an 82% success rate.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

I absolutely love idea number 2.
If the items aren't in my color schemes I'll be really disappointed.

Also, the mini-game option.
Playing some random puzzle game or something as a crafting function could be interesting.
I happen to love random puzzle games..
Plus it reminds me of Puzzle Pirates...

Wheezing Warlord

Chokin

Playing some random puzzle game or something as a crafting function could be interesting.

Puzzle Pirates. heart
              That's actually why I included the idea.
              I worked my a** off making my own Sloop.
              xd

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
SykoCaster
Chokin

Puzzle Pirates. heart
              That's actually why I included the idea.
              I worked my a** off making my own Sloop.
              xd

For serious!
I was a beast at Alchemy back in the day.

But, back to crafting in zOMG.
If your performance in the mini-game lowered the fail rate (by different percentages based on how awesome you are), that could help alleviate some of the worries about it. You could even add a badge for a certain score or something.

This could even be in conjunction with a one time 100% success rate item in the Cash Shop for lazy people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff