Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obligatory Poll.

Obligatory Poll Whore. 1 100.0% [ 81 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Actually, I think we're in agreement. Making 5 frags = 1% or 1 frag = 1% is the same if they make frags 5 times more expensive.
All I was saying is that the devs were going to have work in balancing thing.
Not something that either of us can really discuss, because we don't know how much Gaia wants to make out of the frags in profit.

Loot is going to skyrocket... because, even before you said anything related to this thread, the devs said new crafts are going to be made. Including Epics, which take months to get all the loot, and OBVIOUSLY people will be hogging the ones on the mp. That alone grants it.
But to further go into the point, not all crafts are recolorable, you said it yourself, so people *need* loot if they want those, or they need to buy it off the mp, which I see no problem with since users are the ones who decide prices.

And if you recolor a craft, it becomes the other item. What do you even mean?

Familiar Lunatic

SykoCaster

I'm not sure there'd really be a way to distinguish bought and crafted recipes, though.
              And I'm not thinking that more than a few completed items will be used, anyway.
1- No idea either. I'm sure there are ways to make it happen, thought. Have the option to make it Soulbinded upon creation. Soulbinded items used in the creation process would have the stated effect. I'm pretty sure there's a way to know if an item is soulbound or not.
2- No idea what their planning for. The suggestion requires multiple recipes, if it is to be implemented. Doesn't matter if it goes against what they had in mind.

Unless you meant that the process shouldn't require many finished items, and that's another thing.

Wheezing Warlord

I'm just saying I don't think you'll be using 10 completed items to make a new recipe.
              More, like, perhaps, four loots, and one completed item.
              But we don't know.

Familiar Lunatic

Aye. We don't know. The suggestion assumed that it would be the case, and, considering this, I wondered if it would be a viable option, what would be the consequences of it, and if people had any objection to the possibility of it
Still, there's a cat outside. >.>

arisa_jem's Fangirl

Hitched Regular

7,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I love the first idea the most. I'm ok with the frags being returned and the mini game sounds cool.

Wheezing Warlord

gataka
Aye. We don't know. The suggestion assumed that it would be the case, and, considering this, I wondered if it would be a viable option, what would be the consequences of it, and if people had any objection to the possibility of it
Still, there's a cat outside. >.>

The problem is that any recipe with a high fail rate would need a fairly high completed item count.

Distinct Warlord

All my thoughts on this were already said by other users.
iTessen
Thing is.... we aren't even crafting.
-__-;
We just collect stuff and then give it to an NPC.
Not just for bugs/ink/trash but for zOMG! too.
Making a skill... a minigame... a failure rate wouldn't even make any sense.
However if everything was changed and we do craft them ourselves.... should ink/bugs/trash crafting go towards zOMG! recipe crafting too?
AND I'M TOO LAZY TO READ THE OTHER THREAD BAWW.

I never thought on it in this way, actually. I forgot that we aren't actually making the item. Now I want more the minigame. heart

And puzzles seems about the right way to solve this. The Failure rate can be easy, if you don't make it on time, you fail. You wont lose gold, just drops.
SykoCaster
Love the Cash Shop idea, too, but I just know everyone and their mother's dog will BAWWWWW about it.

Like me. I'm always good about CS when it comes to shortcuts, but no if it's the only way. That always bugs me a lot.
---

About the third thing not happening: You know, doesn't need to be like that. It's why I mention the Dance Game we had for Prom. You only need to change the graphics a bit, but the work of it wouldn't change that much. You have already the code and seems that people would like to play that game again.
It's fun and failure rate goes according to your skills. The level of each phase (Without new songs, it's just timing your keys and using a random zOMG music) depends on the rarity of the recipe. The more rare, the more difficult and duration. If you fail, one drop goes away. Never gold, though.
The Nulls can be also implemented to add to the result of that game some percentage of winning.

The code is already on Gaia. You just needs to adapt it.

Wheezing Warlord

Ungoliath

About the third thing not happening: You know, doesn't need to be like that. It's why I mention the Dance Game we had for Prom. You only need to change the graphics a bit, but the work of it wouldn't change that much. You have already the code and seems that people would like to play that game again.
It's fun and failure rate goes according to your skills. The level of each phase (Without new songs, it's just timing your keys and using a random zOMG music) depends on the rarity of the recipe. The more rare, the more difficult and duration. If you fail, one drop goes away. Never gold, though.
The Nulls can be also implemented to add to the result of that game some percentage of winning.

The code is already on Gaia. You just needs to adapt it.

Added to OP.

And Ungo, I'm curious to your thoughts on my second post.
              >.>

Distinct Warlord

SykoCaster
And Ungo, I'm curious to your thoughts on my second post.

I was about to post it now! Never saw it until I realized you guys were talking about IDEA 2 (Confused me since it would the 4th idea, actually xd )

AND I LOVE IT. I love Pirate items as well, One Piece brainwashed my mind completely. I think it would take more job for artist, but it would worth in the end. If you have an expensive item, you want them TO FRIGIN MATCH YOU. If they add a Teal version of all those items, I would be all orgasmic. No homo xd
Although I see it as favor to us rather than a needed feature.

IRL Vampire

I really like a lot of the stuff mentioned here, esepcially the very first point with the crafting experience. From what I understand the crafting system is supposed to reward loyal players, and that would totally work in that context. The surflux of crafted low-tier items could be taken care of by making them parts of the high-tier crafts (aka, you need 10 kokeshi kimonos among other mats for the SUPER RARE AMAZING KIMONO OF AWESOME RARITY).

I like the second suggestion too. Recolourations are in most cases relatively easy to do, but I'm not sure if I'd go for dye since you can't get that in zOMG at all. Maybe make a zOMG-themed and obtainable dye-item or use items that exist in zOMG?

The null fragment thing isn't a bad idea, but not really needed if the xp thing gets implemented imo. At least the fact that they drop in the game isn't needed. I could see the cash shop version being implemented though as an alternative to gaining craft-xp.

Wheezing Warlord

Ungoliath

Although I see it as favor to us rather than a needed feature.

Well, then you could really see all items included as favors, rather than needed features.
              It's not like they impact gameplay in any way.
              :P

Aseres
I really like a lot of the stuff mentioned here, esepcially the very first point with the crafting experience. From what I understand the crafting system is supposed to reward loyal players, and that would totally work in that context. The surflux of crafted low-tier items could be taken care of by making them parts of the high-tier crafts (aka, you need 10 kokeshi kimonos among other mats for the SUPER RARE AMAZING KIMONO OF AWESOME RARITY).

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking, but since we don't really know how the crafting system works, I had to point out the possibility.
              Just want to cover my metaphorical bases.

They way I imagine it is having items broken down into tiers.
              Like, you take some Silk, some Thread, some Chapter Two loot, and a Kokeshi Kimono, to make a more awesome Kimono.
              You then take that "Awesome Kimono" and combine it with more loot and another Kokeishi Kimono to make an even more awesome Kimono.
              And by the time you end up to the SUPER RARE AMAZING KIMONO OF AWESOME RARITY, you'll have spent a few months, and 10 or so Kokeshi Kimonos in the process.

Aseres

I like the second suggestion too. Recolourations are in most cases relatively easy to do, but I'm not sure if I'd go for dye since you can't get that in zOMG at all. Maybe make a zOMG-themed and obtainable dye-item or use items that exist in zOMG?

Or, perhaps, just add dye as zOMG loot?
              Besides, while every part of Gaia may not be part of zOMG!, zOMG! is still a part of Gaia.
              I think it'd feel a bit better if everything was connected.

But still.
              Even if they sold "zOMG Dye" in Backalley Bargains for like 15GC a piece, I'd be happy.

Aseres

The null fragment thing isn't a bad idea, but not really needed if the xp thing gets implemented imo. At least the fact that they drop in the game isn't needed. I could see the cash shop version being implemented though as an alternative to gaining craft-xp.

Again, that's what I was thinking.
              As a stand-alone, a lot of people would be pissed if it was Cash Shop-only.
              But as a augment, I can't see anyone complaining.

Distinct Warlord

I think that introducing a new dye just for zOMG is kinda meh. Ok, it's about rewarding zOMG users but they're also Gaians. We're not talking about a big quantity anyway.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
*tosses two cents at the thread*
-Recoloring! My gosh!... why didn't anyone else think of this?... I mean sure, the volume of art needed to do such a feet would be loads upon loads but it is totally do-able. Recolor tools are readily available, so after one of an item is made, it is just about 5-10 minutes work per color of you are particular, seconds if you want a swift color swap.
--This would also boost activity of gaians in other areas, causing some gaians to revisit towns!... if just to collect bugs. It would also boost the price of inks, though inks are getting expensive on their own, some of the less favorable browns and greens would get a nice bolster.
---In addition, with variety comes the need to collect. After all, girls need matching shoes with their purses and guys need matching hats with their cloaks, this would increase general game play for the more hard core players.

-Mini games, a fun idea... not sure how the coding would work, and why it would affect success rates? Doesn't Nichole do all the crafting for us and we just gather the stuff for him to make it?...
--Varying the orb requirement, more orbs better chance! this is plausible... and with the right percentage increases to orb ratios could be a better way to incorporate the possibility to fail.
I see this as a catalyst oriented system, where orbs help the reactions go smoother as they are not physically incorporated into the item itself.
50% orbs used = 25% chance of success, 70&#xor;bs=50% chance.... 100&#xor;bs= 95% chance... so even if you use all the orbs required, it still might fail, but at a lower possibility. And sure many would go for the lower cost rout, and more would fail... not sure if some of the recipes should have the possibility of being 100% chance if the point of the crafting is a loot/orb sink.
---Null Fragments, i have about 59 of those still... if I could use them in-place of orbs, that would be fine, If they could increase chance of success, I am all for it. I have no idea why they got rid of them, aside from the fact that they depreciated loot and recipes that weren't popular. I wouldn't mind seeing them come back into play.

-"Decorating" existing items... though this would be absolutely awesome, I would possibly see that adding accessories as a more plausible option.
--If not, then a Deconstruct area where you break down existing items for something like 'yard of mystic weave' instead of 'mystic weave' ... but that is weird.
---Even better might be a requirement to have multiple recipes, like the possibility that on the back of certain recipes there would be instructions for an ultra item.
"When the four recipes of Gold Beach combine, they form 'Dune-Slam's Helm!'..."
[anchor tattoo recipe + sunglasses recipe + sea shells recipe + sand fluff recipe + magnifying glass= Dune-Slam's Helm recipe.]

Distinct Warlord

Wheezing Warlord

Ungoliath
I think that introducing a new dye just for zOMG is kinda meh. Ok, it's about rewarding zOMG users but they're also Gaians. We're not talking about a big quantity anyway.

Yeah, I'd rather Ink just be used.
              But if people feel zOMG recipes should use zOMG items, so be it.

@Red; You reminded me;
              No recipe with a fail rate should ever have a 100% chance of success.
              95%, maybe. More depending on the initial fail rate.

Also; I thought of decomposing as a cool little side-thing.
              But then it'd be far too easy to just buy things off the MP to turn into loot.
              Or using loot, making an item, then decomposing it again for EXP (if they were to use that)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff