Craftable Consumables?

Sure! :D 0.91549295774648 91.5% [ 65 ]
No! D: 0.084507042253521 8.5% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Wheezing Warlord

Original Post

Just a silly little idea I had.

Now, we all know that Loot is pretty near worthless nowadays, right?
              And even with the upcoming crafting system, once so many of an item is crafted, the value will once again go down.
              So, let's look at a potential solution; Craftable consumables.

Now, obviously I don't want to steal any thunder from the Cash Shop power ups.
              So restoring health and stamina, boosting your Ring's attack power, and increasing Orb drops are all out of the question.
              But what else could we do with consumable power-ups?

Okay, it's easiest to explain this with an example;
              Combine two Garlic Peel, one Garlic Essence, and five Wheat, and wham-o! You make a Garlic Bread powerup.
              One item has, say, 10 uses by default. This would vary depending on the recipe, or could even be a random number between a set ceiling and floor.
              Garlic Peel and Garlic Essence are both drops from the Garlic monster.
              Wheat could be an Airfluff drop, I suppose.
              Or you can make the wheat at Bill's Ranch like the trashcans, where you can attack and defeat it.
              Defeating them could yield one, or multiple, Wheat drops.

Upon consuming the Garlic Bread, you gain the "Stink Breath" ability for 5 minutes.
              This is the attack that Garlics used to have, and Carrion Fluffs currently have.
              Within a set percent, your attacks will inflict a footspeed debuff on your target.
              For something as minor as a footspeed debuff, I'd say around a 70% chance.

But there could be other recipes, too.
              Spaghetti, to add a 30% chance of a root effect.
              Turkey Dinner to add a 20% chance of a sleep effect.
              Espresso for a 50% accuracy debuff.
              The list could go on.
              When, for example, you use Quicksand while having Spaghetti in effect, Rooting simply becomes 30% more likely, and possibly lasts longer, making Crowd Control more appealing.
              And making loot a consumable item means there will always be a demand for it.

From there, someone suggested the idea of craftable attacks.
              These would be used, like Powerups, but instead of increasing power, healing, or applying status effects, they'd act as if you'd used a ring.
              Things like higher-accuracy CC effects, like Sleep or Root.

Then we moved on to Rings, which required Ammo to operate.
              These would do more damage than a normal ring, but you would need to craft ammo to use them.
              My example would be a Cannon ring ( pirate ).
              Several pieces of Iron Ore, along with some Cloth (for wadding) and a Night Fire would make 10 Cannon Balls.
              These Cannon Balls would be stored in the Powerups tray, and only one stack would be able to be there at at time.
              Meaning not only would you have to craft all your ammo, but after 10 shots you'd have to "reload" by dragging more ammo back into your Powerups tray.
              It would do ranged, conic AoE damage in the direction of the target, for about as much damage as Hack.
              Decent Knockback, and a small chance to Stun (sleep) at higher Rage Ranks.

Powerful, but for a cost.
              Obviously, different rings would have different "magazines", or charges before you need to reload.
              They'd also have different ratings, cool down times, stamina costs, and secondary effects.
              This would also make use of loot like Iron Ore and Copper, which obviously can't be used in food recipes.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
This, on top of the epic recipes, would make a great way to balance out the demand/supply for loot.
Yes please craftable powerups! =D

Oh and this would give the people with tons of loot a headstart... unless for every recipe, a completely new loot item would be needed. Same as for the epic item recipes.

Wheezing Warlord

Exiled Poet
This, on top of the epic recipes, would make a great way to balance out the demand/supply for loot.
Yes please craftable powerups! =D

Oh and this would give the people with tons of loot a headstart... unless for every recipe, a completely new loot item would be needed. Same as for the epic item recipes.

It'd still be a headstart, though.
              But that's why I included the Wheat item idea, too.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
So, now we become RuneScape and permit people to cook? Not that I don't like it, but you need something more than status effects, but I'd say it would be interesting, throw a water balloon whilst having consumed a turkey dinner, you'd sleep a possible group of agroing monsters. Though I am not sure about you, but I would possibly eat something to gain a fear and root effects,

Would there be a possible cap on how many could be consumed at one time?

Wheezing Warlord

Redforest
So, now we become RuneScape and permit people to cook? Not that I don't like it, but you need something more than status effects, but I'd say it would be interesting, throw a water balloon whilst having consumed a turkey dinner, you'd sleep a possible group of agroing monsters. Though I am not sure about you, but I would possibly eat something to gain a fear and root effects,

Would there be a possible cap on how many could be consumed at one time?

I haven't played RunEscape for more than an hour, so I wouldn't know.

And yes.
              One.
              xd
I really like this idea, craftable powerups will also give many different possibilities to the gameplay.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Darn you, I wanted to eat 7 things and be super buffed man... everything gets feared, rooted, sleeped, debuffed in accuracy and attack and poisoned... at the same time.

Wheezing Warlord

Redforest
Darn you, I wanted to eat 7 things and be super buffed man... everything gets feared, rooted, sleeped, debuffed in accuracy and attack and poisoned... at the same time.

You'd also get really freaking fat.
              talk2hand

fyerolight
I really like this idea, craftable powerups will also give many different possibilities to the gameplay.

Thank you.
              3nodding
You just crap out good ideas don't you? *looked through your other threads* You need to show a lot of these things to [ JK ]. A lot of these are great ideas.

Wheezing Warlord

MinTheRedd
You just crap out good ideas don't you? *looked through your other threads* You need to show a lot of these things to [ JK ]. A lot of these are great ideas.

xd
              Thanks.

I'm sure [JK], or one of the other Devs, will see it eventually.
I like the idea but i doubt it would be done anyway would you be able to craft two craftable consumables to make one? like garlic bread cheese to make garlic cheese bread?

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't weight a good thing in some cases in this game?

Wheezing Warlord

Alok Juro
I like the idea but i doubt it would be done anyway would you be able to craft two craftable consumables to make one? like garlic bread cheese to make garlic cheese bread?

Sure, but let's keep it simple for now, eh?
Yes and perhaps take it a step further. What about being able to craft rings themselves? If it's taking to long and you don't want to do a long grind hoping for a certain ring to drop then why not go craft the ring you want? And maybe with the ability to craft rings you can pour loot into it while making it to make the ring more powerful than normal when you craft it.
King Spellcaster
Yes and perhaps take it a step further. What about being able to craft rings themselves? If it's taking to long and you don't want to do a long grind hoping for a certain ring to drop then why not go craft the ring you want? And maybe with the ability to craft rings you can pour loot into it while making it to make the ring more powerful than normal when you craft it.

I think the new Summon rings [JK] talked about had to be crafted, I'm not sure though. If I find more infor on that I'll let you know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff