Welcome to Gaia! ::

The info website said that rings would become more powerful by infusing them with charged orbs dropped from monsters when they were defeated. I had a couple worries about this system but I think I found a way around some of them as well.

At first I was thinking that if the charged orb immediately was absorbed by the person to deal the final blow to the monster, some idiot can follow a powerful group around and deal the final blow to say a boss and get all the upgrades for basically no work.

A way around that problem could be to divide the dropped orbs across everyone that did damage to it based on what percentage each character took off the health.

The problem with that modification and the original is that if you have a dedicated healer in your group then they do not every get the opportunity to improve their rings because they aren't killing anything.

One way to not mess over the healer is to have the orbs not immediately given to the person that defeats it but stay on the ground.

The problem with that one is that you again have some jerk following you around stealling all the orbs off the guys you defeat without doing the work. Since there is no P v P at the start up, you can't drive him away.

A way around that is to to only have the orbs able to be picked up by a character in the same party as the person that defeated it.

Another way to do it would be to automatically divide the charged orbs equally between all party memebers.
Another thing I'm curious about is are you able to decide what ring you but the orbs into?

Also, if you sell a ring on the marketplace with lots of charged orbs do they all disappear when it's bought?

Also, can you remove charged orbs from a ring and put them in a different one?

Wheezing Warlord

I wouldn't be suprised if you could get "Orbs" from healing, not just damaging.

Also, there would likely be a boost for being in a group, were everyone gets their own orbs based on effort, but also, group EXP shared by everyone.
i think you will get the orbs in the ring you killed the monster with, i think that would be a little more fair
but for you're other questions, i don't know....
The way around it is that Items, like the orbs are Divided by The Percent of damage done to the foe. Like you said. You answered your own question.
SykoCaster

Also, there would likely be a boost for being in a group, were everyone gets their own orbs based on effort, but also, group EXP shared by everyone.

Since the website is currently down I can't double check myself but I am sure that I read that the orbs would be dropped when the monster was defeated. You can't defeat a monster with a cure spell (unless it's undead).

For another thing, there is no such thing as EXP in gaia's MMORPG. Your combat ability is solely improved by improving the rings you use.
Rain-claws
The way around it is that Items, like the orbs are Divided by The Percent of damage done to the foe. Like you said. You answered your own question.

That still doesn't help the healer in the party, as I also said.

It's just that with orbs dropped by defeated enemies, it is easier to have problems occur than the previous system of every ring gaining rage every time it is successfully used.

Wheezing Warlord

REMNANT-OMEGA
SykoCaster

Since the website is currently down I can't double check myself but I am sure that I read that the orbs would be dropped when the monster was defeated. You can't defeat a monster with a cure spell (unless it's undead).

For another thing, there is no such thing as EXP in gaia's MMORPG. Your combat ability is solely improved by improving the rings you use.
What I'm saying is that, while it does say you gain EXP (Orbs, same thing) for defeating enemies, you could also gain it (them) from healing allies.
Otherwise, healing rings would only have one level, or Charge would have to be distruibuted on your own. Which I doubt they'd do, 'cause it'd be too easy to charge low-level rings using a high-level one.

And when I say EXP, I mean charge. Different name for the same thing, really.
tubekew
i think you will get the orbs in the ring you killed the monster with, i think that would be a little more fair

It would be more fair... right up until you realise that it is impossible to improve your healing/status effect rings with the orbs!(you would still be able to upgrade them with the items.... at least I think they still have that....)
REMNANT-OMEGA
Rain-claws

It's just that with orbs dropped by defeated enemies, it is easier to have problems occur than the previous system of every ring gaining rage every time it is successfully used.

Even a Healler would have A base attack they could use. Also with a party system like that of Ragnorok Online there is the option to share Exp withn the party. If The MMO uses that kinda party system then a Share orbs option could be used.
REMNANT-OMEGA
tubekew

It would be more fair... right up until you realise that it is impossible to improve your healing/status effect rings with the orbs!(you would still be able to upgrade them with the items.... at least I think they still have that....)

meh, maybe there is another way to get orbs for your healing, like maybe you get orbs everytime you heal someone?
SykoCaster
REMNANT-OMEGA
SykoCaster

What I'm saying is that, while it does say you gain EXP (Orbs, same thing) for defeating enemies, you could also gain it (them) from healing allies.
Otherwise, healing rings would only have one level, or Charge would have to be distruibuted on your own. Which I doubt they'd do, 'cause it'd be too easy to charge low-level rings using a high-level one.

That depends on the "fictional" (as the devs called them on the website) reasons why these orbs imporve the rings. What if that reason is that you are somehow infusing the ring with the defeated enemies life force or something like that. That would not go over well with curative rings now would it? Also, when they were explaining the previous system, they specifically and repeated said that every time a ring was successfully (actually damaged / healed / affected someone) used you got Rage points for it. They did not say that this time.

You could be right of course but at this moment and with the current amount of information, I am a bit worried.

Wheezing Warlord

REMNANT-OMEGA
SykoCaster
REMNANT-OMEGA
SykoCaster

That depends on the "fictional" (as the devs called them on the website) reasons why these orbs imporve the rings. What if that reason is that you are somehow infusing the ring with the defeated enemies life force or something like that. That would not go over well with curative rings now would it? Also, when they were explaining the previous system, they specifically and repeated said that every time a ring was successfully (actually damaged / healed / affected someone) used you got Rage points for it. They did not say that this time.

You could be right of course but at this moment and with the current amount of information, I am a bit worried.
You're basically saying "What if they make a fictional reason, and stay with it, dispite the fact that it doesn't fit with how the game actually works."
If that's the reason behind charge at the moment, they're probabally going to change it.

I'm sure the story will fit in perfectly with actual mechanics of the gameplay.

Rain-claws
REMNANT-OMEGA
Rain-claws

Even a Healler would have A base attack they could use. Also with a party system like that of Ragnorok Online there is the option to share Exp withn the party. If The MMO uses that kinda party system then a Share orbs option could be used.

Which is one of the two final solutions that I came across.
Personally, I'd like to see a tagging system come into play when it comes to solo'ing. The first person to hit an enemy would be tagged to that enemy and would receive the rewards for it. If they die in the process, anyone else can tag the enemy and reap the rewards.

As for healers: I believe that a party system would come into effect and allow for all members to receive equal distribution of "experience" points from the battle. Healers are one of the most vital elements to a good group, so it'd be a shame for them to miss out on anything.

As for Healers solo'ing: Keep in mind that the ring system allows users to switch out rings at their own discretion, so a person could have some healing rings and some damage rings on at the same time. Granted they won't have any combos or anything like that which could enhance their abilities, but they would still receive experience from success.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff