No 0.5 50.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]

300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Complete Battle System Ideas
No grammar corrections and completely revamped to sound much more proffesional

PvP

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PvP has been a giant success in practically every MMO. Games such as CoH have big PvP's (PvP zones) that you can enter and battle villains along side other player heroes. Of course they also have the arena where you can battle other heroes, let's focus on that first since I feel I’m able to give better details on that.

PvP: Arenas

I think we should have Arena's, in which we would be allowed to battle other players, but you'd be able to pick how many people can come into the match you’ve set up and pick the place to battle, or you could let the game choose for you. Of course the area you fight in would then have an invisible wall around it covering the entire perimeter.

An arena would be found in the towns and you would go inside it and walk to a person behind a long counter and click on them, they would ask if you’d like to create your own match or browse through the current ones. A good idea would be to set a level, like for the RR system you’d list what RR you have to have in order to join. This would be because you want to fight people who are your level and that will be able to put up a good fight. Of course if you want to battle lower RR character, you could set the level for the match down or go to a low level RR, your RR being deflated in order for the battle to be fair.

PvP: PvP Zones

Having Arena's where you’re able to organize matches and PvP zones where you’d be able to go to battle against other players would definitely make the game more popular. These zones would be rugged, battered, battle fields where you could come to fight against a hundred other players who share the intent to kill one another. Looking at the wild in Runescape, where you could go to get yourself killed by a higher level and then lose everything you worked on getting so hard for the pass two years after feeling stoic enough to go in.
It’s a great example of a place where you would go to battle other players, powerful monsters that would drop rare loot, and where noobs would fill the land and would be perfect targets. Excluding losing all the items you’ve gained, it would be the main place of choose to battle others and collect rare loot. It should have one way out so you can’t go out the side door, the monsters which I’ve said before should be much more powerful and discourage lower levels of venturing in.

World Maps

World Maps should be large and be able to contain a large amount of players. Thus the world map for it should be the current map shown in the world tab. Each area on the world map should be enlarged and have monsters sprawled out other each area, each area being better for a certain RR level. A certain area would hold higher level monsters, giving a warning if you are a lower level or not letting you go on into the area due to how high a level it is. Certain areas should have their own special monsters, dungeons, caves, lakes, beaches, fields, and anything else that they throw into it should have themed characters in it, like a dungeon having a dragon in it and a lake (lake side) having aquatic like monsters. NPC’s should also go with the theme of the place they’re in, like how they’re dressed depending on what town they’re in. More on NPC’s to come.

Monster Diversity

Monster Diversity, most games thought to create a large amount that you would be able to fight in certain areas of the game. Each having a level, a color coding would be the easiest way of identifying a monsters level. Groups would seem hard to create in the game that Gaia will be releasing so they should instead just make a wide range of monsters, each having a different level that corresponds with the area they’re in. Each monster level would have a set of monsters in it, the ones currently being featured at the moment would be the lowest level characters. Each monster would go from easiest to hardest in the set and at the highest level in the set you would go to the next level and the next set.

I personally feel that from the way the monsters were laid out that they would go from lowest highest level in the set. Fluff’s being the lowest in the set and OMG’s being the highest in the set.

Chain Quests

When I say chain quest I mean a collection of quests linking together, quests that you’d have to complete a certain quest to go on to the next quest. Side Quests would be a good idea, smaller quests within a quest that you would have to do in order to continue on through the quest. This would allow you to do much more work making the quest more intricate and if you like a challenge fun! As for my next idea, it would mean that you would have had to done certain quest in order to do one quest. Maybe the quests all have a reference to the one or the quests you’ll have had to do will have been the first part to a much larger quest. You have to admit this would definitely make finishing every quest a lot harder and thus would add challenge to the game. A quick thought is that Battle Rings are used to assist you in the quest, certain ones will be required to complete the quest which will mean rarer rings will be needed in order to complete more quests. This should increase the worth and buying of ring in the MP once they are available in the MP.

Servers

Considering how many people inhabit Gaia and the rise that ‘might occur’ during the opening day of the MMO we should have servers! Servers could hold a certain amount of characters and perhaps have a name so you can find it again, perhaps making it your main server. Private servers, which might a rise in discussion wouldn’t work since only a couple of people could enter who would most likely have to know the password. It would be an unfair advantage in PvP zones where there should be rarer monsters and loot, so I just wanted to clear that up.

NPC’s
User Image

Like I’ve said before they should match the place they’re in, characters from the storyline should be included in the game and serve as idol characters. It might be fun if they even have a challenging quest that you can only complete after doing a variety of different ones to prove you’re good enough. If they’re in Durem you’d think of them to be dressed fancy, if in Barton they would be dressed in normal folk clothes, Gambino’s people would be dressed in party type clothes, considering the gambling and the Oceanside, finally Aekea being a factory, smog covered town.
User Image

Weapons

Most Gaians have been been agitated that they're unable to use they're weapons in the battle system, some have speculated that there may be more than the battle rings as well, perhaps magic which wouldn't quite work out considering the battle rings our basically magic. Gaia said that it would be to hard to make avatars swing their weapons and since so many have many other items on them it would be very hard to make real. Battle rings are a great idea, people need to see that and stop being so blunt headed.

Battle rings have powers to them that you can use to throw fireballs, create a force field, or turn invisible according to what Gaia has told us so far. Of course we can expect many more rings such as the two rings in the equip list, which can be seen in the two pictures on the Battle System Info page. One is hard to make out, but one has a plus sign that glows green which indicates a healing ring. The other being red may be a fireball ring considering that you would always carry a defensive and offensive ring for battle.

Here's what Biocrawler said about Gaia when talking about upcoming features.

Quote:
Battle System - A fully-functional battle system designed to allow users to engage in interactive battles against monsters, and later on possibly even other users. Said to be based off of Final Fantasy Tactics, the battle system will likely be isometric grid-based, much like how Gaia Homes are. The battle system will include character job classes and weapons which can be equipped to the user's avatar. A significant amount of weapons and fantasy/role-playing related clothing will be released alongside the battle system.

I find that to be highly helpful when trying to go ahead and think about everything that we'll be getting. I'm going to answer questions now, also respond to what ideas people have came up with here, so if you post any of your ideas or questions that you 'might' ask me, the answer will go here and you'll receive a PM saying that I answered them with a link to the thread.

The Q/P and A

Q- Question
P- Post
A- Answer

P: -Raising Pets:
-This could mean from catching creatures and training them, to finding eggs and raising them. I like both ideas and maybe the creatures can help in battle in some way. I know that sounds like RO but it is a good idea and it is cute. Who here wants a fluffy?

A: I feel that it would be a lot harder to make it so you can catch or raise a creature. This would call for a major update; I admit that it would be nice, but not very easy. With al the other settings you’ll have plus a system for raising a monster, like a setting for the monster like Passive, Aggressive, Lock on, ect. They would die easily and you could only get so many, higher levels and bigger monsters would be impractical, eggs would also be guarded by the mother and you don’t want to mess with them. And I would like a fluffy ^^

P: -Creating Guilds and Leaders:
I've heard a lot of discussion on this and there were a few ideas for it that stood out.
-A person of a certain level or EXP has the right to make a guild
-There should be a fee (maybe gold) to create a guild
-Leaders of a guild can create small quests for players who are wishing to join can take them to prove themselves.
-There should be a limit to how many guilds are going to be on MMO

A: Well we already have a fee to create a guild, that would be 20k and anybody should be able to make a guild, separate guilds on the MMO would be way too much. Anyone can create a guild outside of the MMO; I really don’t know how you would make a guild on the MMO, that isn’t very clear. A leader creating a quest that would mean taking the game, making a quest in it, and having them do it. I think just watching them battle and how experienced they are would be enough, finally a limit there shall not be. There can be a infinite number of Gaia guilds so they can create as many guilds as they want.

P: -Rings:
So much has been said about these and a lot of people are pushing for weapons...but here are ideas I have heard.
-All rings should only consist of elemental skills and status improvment (MP, HP, agility, etc)
-Able to take two rings, such as a fire ring and water ring, and be able to combine the two into one to make a ring that does water and fire attacks.

A: That would make steam, also doing fire and water attacks at the same time really aren’t that creative. Combining isn’t going to happen in my opinion; they already said you can ‘upgrade’ your ring so that will be enough to make the rings even better and the powers they hold. Also the rings they’ve announced and shown are Fire, Force Field, Invisibility, Healing, and one that can’t exactly be identified.

P: -Using clothing items:
I do not really care if we can or not but one or two ideas have been pretty cool

-Using our wings to fly

A: To much, we don’t have wings, just items resembling them like the Dark Halo arches or the demon bow wings, angle bow wings, gift of goddess wings, or falcon wings, or even the Gwee wings which are either not flexible or the animal are unable to carry the person that they’re digging their claws into..

P: -Classes/Leveling:
Always have to have this.
-Classes could range from a mage, swordsmen, archer, and healer.
For this game I believe this will not work since we have rings. However I do believe in some form of a class system.

A: No class systems, only the monsters should have something along the lines and that it under the ‘Monster’ section. I agree with what you said, although I don’t think we’ll have any class system. There are levels like the RR levels and RR exp that let’s you see whom is better, the first person or the next. I don’t think that it would really distinguish are class, but it’s anyone point of view.

Q: What about using out weapons to make us stronger...e.g. the flame sword will make fire attacks...or maybe makes us stronger if we have the fire ring.

A: As said before by many other people you can not use your items in battle, your weapons like the ancient katana or lunar scythe. This means that you can’t use the flame sword in battle, thus it wouldn’t make since if just having it equipped and wearing the fire ring would make us stronger.

300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Feel free to chat about the ideas while I work on adding more to it.

300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Anyone read it yet, say yes or no in the poles. Preferably yes so I know you've read it, no's mean you haven't but are about to or you just aren't going to read it.
Once I little angel told me to live free and love...

Here I have a few ideas I found if you qould like to use them.
-Raising Pets:
-This could mean from catching creatures and training them, to finding eggs and rasing them. I like both ideas and maybe the creatures can help in battle in some way. I know that sounds like RO but it is a good idea and it is cute. Who here wants a fluffy?

-Creating Guilds and Leaders:
I've heard a lot of discussion on this and there was a few ideas for it that stood out.
-A person of a certain level or EXP has the right to make a guild
-There should be a fee (maybe gold) to create a guild
-Leaders of a guild can create small quests for players who are wishing to join can take them to prove themselves.
-There should be a limit to how many guilds are going to be on MMO

-Rings:
So much has been said about these and a lot of people are pushing for weapons...but here are ideas I have heard.
-All rings should only consist of elemental skills and status improment (MP, HP, agility, etc)
-Able to take two rings, such as a fire ring and water ring, and be able to combind the two into one to make a ring that does water and fire attacks.

-Using clothing items:
This I fdo not really care if we can or not but one or two ideas have been pretty cool.
-Using our wings to fly

-Classes/Leveling:
Always have to have this.
-Classes could range from a mage, swordsmen, archer, healer.
For this game I believe this will not work since we have rings. However I do believe in some form of a class system.

...so I pulled off its wings and ripped out its heart

300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I'm going to answer questions now, also respond to what ideas people have came up with here, so if you post any of your ideas or questions that you 'might' ask me, the answer will go here and you'll receive a PM saying that I answered them with a link to the thread.

300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Just updated the first post with the Q/P and A, so be sure to check that out. Remember I'll put your questions/ posts there and answer them.

Invisible Lunatic

whatttabout using out weapons to make us stronger...e.g. the flame sword will make fire attacks...or maybe makes us stronger if we have the fire ring

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff