Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have seen a lot of people complaining about the name 'zOMG' and some people complaining about people complaining about the name.
But in none of those threads, nobody ever really proves a point on why the name is or isn't bad. Sure it's based on opinions, but some people have to come up with 'facts' to why it was a bad choice for a name.
Also! This isn't meant to flame people who don't like the name. This is to open up the eyes of people who seem to think by 'fact' that it's a bad name, or at least give incorrect reasons to why 'it's bad'. I have no problem with people who just don't like the name. I personally think it's an okay name. Not the best choice, but it could have been a lot worse.

1) It sucks.

Opinions.

2) Why don't they just change it?

I admit, that's not a complaint, but I just had to include this. It would be difficult for them to change the name at this point. The name has been copyrighted, a logo has been made, ads have been sent out with the name, and they'd have to tell the creator of the name, Chat_God, that they decided to go with a different name, and take away anything Chat_God might have won from getting their name idea chosen.

3) They should have let us vote on the name.

They wanted the name to be a surprise, if they told us the top 12 or something, we would at least have some sort of clue at what the name might be..

4) They didn't put any thought into the name.

Chat_God
Q. How did you come up with it?

A. Well, I was sitting around in my dorm, thinking about the MMO, and about these nifty OMG boxes that I'd just bought myself. I was thinking over other names (and wondering why they didn't just use Gaia Battle because that seemed just fine to me!) when I wondered if zOMG was in use elsewhere on the site. I checked, it wasn't, and that was when I decided that would be my entry.

5) It doesn't even relate to battle.

Do almost ANY MMO's have names that relate to the actual game?
MapleStory?
World of Warcraft?

Sure, they sort of relate to the backstory, but we don't even know what the entire backstory is, and we had even LESS information back when this contest started.

6) My idea wasn't chosen!

Is that really a reason to hate the name?

7) It's not serious enough.

Gaia isn't very serious, besides the Halloween events. And like Gaia, the MMO isn't very serious. You fight an army of lawn gnomes with things like mushroom turrets, doesn't look very 'serious' to me. But does a game have to be serious, dark, and super violent to be fun?

8.) It's not original.

I dunno, I've never seen an MMO with a name like 'zOMG'.
Lol.

How many topics are you going to make? :/

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Good thread Bolto.
Thanks Gen.

And Tess, one, which is this one.

I'm starting to think Tess hates me. confused

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Bolto The Mage
Thanks Gen.

And Tess, one, which is this one.

I'm starting to think Tess hates me. confused

Don't worry, he does this to me all the time.

I wouldn't take it too personally if I was you.
do all of you know each other

cause gen and tess are starting to get famous around gaia

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Renmaster
do all of you know each other

cause gen and tess are starting to get famous around gaia

Acquaintances of a common field is more like it :3
yea seriously, i thought gaia was wayyyyy more creative then that... but these days i dont know ;S ( no offense gaia )

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Punk Fist
yea seriously, i thought gaia was wayyyyy more creative then that... but these days i dont know ;S ( no offense gaia )

It was a lot more creative than other ideas.
i forgot the name i entered lol

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I love the name.Its original!^_^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

5,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
good thread =], just an opinion but it feels like the name doesfits into the game. first person i've seen making some reasoning
GOOD THREAD
I can't careless what the name is...even if they name this 'Gaia Online's MMO' i won't think about it...i'm not buying anything for it's name, anyway..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff