Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've had this idea milling around in my head since I heard about GB. Alright, the weapons uses rings to attack and perform abilities, that has been made very clear. But I thought it might be a good idea to make them combinable with certain avatar items. You know, like wearing Dark Star while using a certain battle ring gives the gamer special Dark Blade Attack, or something along those lines. What do other people think?

Disclaimer: Before people start bashing this topic, I just want to make clear that I have read the stickies, and I do know that the weapons system will be using rings and not the MCs, or any other type of avatar item.
Good idea...
But no..

CrazyAlien8's Husband

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
one reason they're not using weapons is because of the added animation required for attacking with every single weapon-y item, the other is the inherent balance issues when nearly all of the weapons on gaia are MC/cash shop items. if they were to give those same items added bonuses, the game would be stilted toward people who have/buy those MCs. furthermore, they're not making the items battle-relevant because they don't want to force people who've put time into making their avatar the way they like to equip specific items for battle, this idea is exactly contrary to that idea.

in short, any battle relevance with pre-exisitng items is a Bad Idea™.
do you mean something like the mantis ring show a sword other then katana when you have a flame sword by example so you will atk with a flame sword animation and only just the animation changed?

nah, not all ppl can get the MC. it's kind of making limited rings
Although I see where you're getting at, it would not work with typical avatar items. It would, as we've said in weapon threads (not that this is one) give an advantage to older, richer users that poorer players won't have. If there was an item in the BS (say, Token of Ninjutsu) that you could implant into certain attacks, however...

I have an idea.

Say, by killing certain creatures and characters, there's a chance that they drop a certain token. What if you could implement this item into a ring and make the ring have a slightly altered attack?

Burst Token + Fireball Ring = Fire Explosion Ring (creates a fireball that damages multiple enemies on impact.)

Ninjutsu Token + Mantis Ring = Assassination Ring (Attacks deal double damage from behind.)
That is exactly why they made rings. So people with tons of MC weapons wouldn't get special stuff.

Your idea = terrible.

In fact, it is the exact opposite of what Qixter wants, and everyone on gaia. :3
Tessenjitsu
That is exactly why they made rings. So people with tons of MC weapons wouldn't get special stuff.

Your idea = terrible.

In fact, it is the exact opposite of what Qixter wants, and everyone on gaia. :3
No, they're saying that the weapon would affect the ring, not necessarily improve it. It could just give it a new animation. NOTE: THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE WEAPON IS ANIMATED. It just means that the ring gains a seperate animation from it's normal one. This would be a vanity thing, and would be fair game. However, if it'd totally improve the ring damage-wise, it would totally be unfair. Yeah.
[Raid]
Tessenjitsu

Your idea = terrible.

No, they're saying that the weapon would affect the ring, not necessarily improve it. It could just give it a new animation. NOTE: THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE WEAPON IS ANIMATED. It just means that the ring gains a seperate animation from it's normal one. This would be a vanity thing, and would be fair game. However, if it'd totally improve the ring damage-wise, it would totally be unfair. Yeah.

Yes, that is the point I was trying to get across. It wouldn't change the stats in any way, but would be for show. But yes, I could see you it would be unfair to some users who can't afford MCs. Just thought I would say what was on my mind.
Reflection of Chaos
[Raid]
Tessenjitsu

Your idea = terrible.

Yes, that is the point I was trying to get across. It wouldn't change the stats in any way, but would be for show. But yes, I could see you it would be unfair to some users who can't afford MCs. Just thought I would say what was on my mind.

so i did get your point. i think MC won't be a good idea because they are limited. MAYBE the other way might work. they make mmo ring's animation weapon as avatar weapon and sell them in a normal shop

Distinct Warlord

Love the idea of Raid and the Tokens, is pretty much expected, logical and fair.
I loved the idea...

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I DO like the idea of your ring attacks appearing to use the items you have on hand, but I think it would in the end require as much work as animating all the weapons and items themselves... and there were mentions of "Ring suites' that have good synergy together. Raid, please put your Token idea in the BSt and raise the question in Monday's ask the Admin.
I think this would be very useful as it allows players to further customize their rings.
For example, there might be a token that reverses the properties of an attack, allowing frozen fireballs or dark healing, or one that allows you to augment an existing ring with new power, such as having a Mantis Ring's sword do holy damage.
Purplesnoopy
I DO like the idea of your ring attacks appearing to use the items you have on hand, but I think it would in the end require as much work as animating all the weapons and items themselves... and there were mentions of "Ring suites' that have good synergy together. Raid, please put your Token idea in the BSt and raise the question in Monday's ask the Admin.
I think this would be very useful as it allows players to further customize their rings.
For example, there might be a token that reverses the properties of an attack, allowing frozen fireballs or dark healing, or one that allows you to augment an existing ring with new power, such as having a Mantis Ring's sword do holy damage.
Please explain where I can find an Ask the Admin and please explain why I'd suggest it when it'd only put off the release date?

Once it's released, I'd suggest it, but not before. I don't want to wait any longer for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff