Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poll series number 2!! Pick your favorite name!

Kumo 0.058064516129032 5.8% [ 9 ]
Skyline Megapolis 0.19354838709677 19.4% [ 30 ]
Ouranos 0.30322580645161 30.3% [ 47 ]
Star Light City 0.44516129032258 44.5% [ 69 ]
Total Votes:[ 155 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Harsh Tears
SO! Changing the bloody subject cause y'all getting on borderline dramallama .

So... We are flying to this new city (WHOSE NAME I AM NOT GETTING BLOODY INTO) via... wings/jetpacks (I so vote jetpacks)/balloons/what-have-you.

I think it'd be kick a** sweet if they were storm clouds and lightening surged an all that as an ambient effect.

Just my two cents.

Well on one of the little chats with [ JK ] he did say something about a ring that might let us fly for short spells. Remember it's just "What If's" we are talking here. He also said something about Boobie fluffs. rolleyes Getting the idea of the "what if's"? rofl
Harsh Tears
Also: Ouranos

Only cause it sounds close to Ouroboros from City of Heroes. And whatever Ouroboros comes from.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
http://megan0426.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/ouroboros/

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Pachi Rin
Sensual Soul
Pachi Rin
Sensual Soul
If and when they do make it I think they will give it a proper name not just something one of them came up with by pounding a few keys at random.

WRROOONGG!!! [/lexluthor] http://www.answers.com/topic/tlauixcalpantecuhtli

Aaaannd, I'm agreeing with Shiori on this one. Just sayin'.

Ah, okay I stand corrected. smile I don't mind say I'm wrong when I am! xp But it still a mouthful! And still what harm in the contest? Its it hurting anything? It's not like the area is more then a dream at the moment, and not likely to more then that for a very long time if ever. So let us dream then. You don't have to post and you don't have to join in the contest if you don't want. Why try and ruin the fun for other though? We don't know that if they make it that there will be dragon there either, but it's fun for those of us that love the idea to talk about it. See the correlation? It's a "what if" kind of thing. If you can't get into the spirit of it maybe you should find another thread to post in?

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun, though I'll admit that I was a bit more obstinate than I should have been. I'm just stating my opinion about it and giving my feedback, which I assume is welcome here in the forums. Not to mention there are other people who feel strongly about this, as silly as it may seem. And I'll post where ever I please, as long as I'm following the ToS. wink

That's fine but like I said you don't seeming to get into the spirit of this thread, a shame really. Everyone else seems to be having fun with it. Oh well.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Exiled Poet
Shiori Miko
Exiled Poet
Shiori Miko
The concept is already there and the concept has been named.

That was just for April Fool's Day. It was a joke. A concept for a joke.

They probably won't make the actual city for a long time yet.
Not to mention, it could be completely different from the April Fool's picture.
And the name could be completely different too.
The "concept" isn't written out in stone, and it's far from being worked on.
Besides, didn't Luv write somewhere on the front page, that this thread is solely for user speculation? So it doesn't matter what the devs think. This thread is just for us to say what we want the city to look like, and be named. xD

As Tabi has already said, Cresento started as a joke too. Look how he turned out...exactly the same. wink

That's no guarantee that the sky city will turn out the exact same.
It may, and it may not.
We won't know for sure until they start working on it.
Which may not be for quite a while.

Like I said, this thread is for users to say what they want the place to look like, what animated it would have, and what it would be named.
So come on, if you had the choice to name this city, what would you like to name it? If you've never heard of its April Fool's name? xD

Where you there the other night with [ JK ] on Gold Beach? We talked about a Heaven city (Sky city) and a Hell city. It was a pretty fun conversion. Lots of fluff ideas were thrown out including a smoke fluff or Hell city. Not sure why but that made me think of your avatar. << A smoke fluff pet would look good with it I think. 3nodding

Ladykiller

I'd like to recommend the name Mahpee. It's a Native American Sioux name meaning "sky." (:

In serious, though, Tlauixcalpantecuhtliopolis is the perfect name, I think. Even if I can't even begin to pronounce it.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
Sensual Soul
Where you there the other night with [ JK ] on Gold Beach? We talked about a Heaven city (Sky city) and a Hell city. It was a pretty fun conversion. Lots of fluff ideas were thrown out including a smoke fluff or Hell city. Not sure why but that made me think of your avatar. << A smoke fluff pet would look good with it I think. 3nodding

This past Friday?
I wasn't there. Me and Syko were in NYC until late. We both completely forgot it was Dev night. xD
But yeah, smoke fluff sounds great. x3

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Ps- Me Wub Yew
      I'd like to recommend the name Mahpee. It's a Native American Sioux name meaning "sky." (:

In serious, though, Tlauixcalpantecuhtliopolis is the perfect name, I think. Even if I can't even begin to pronounce it.

Well that's just it it's a bit hard to say, I'm not sure a shorter easier name wouldn't be better. As much as I like it I can't see me saying or typing it. >.< "Hey want to go to...Tlauixclpantecu....nvm ..." xp
Sensual Soul

That's fine but like I said you not seeming to get into the spirit of this thread, a shame really. Everyone else seems to be having fun with it. Oh well.

Sen, please stop. I was providing feedback, which I thought was the point of the thread. If I was wrong then so be it. However, I wasn't trying to rain on anyone's parade by doing so. Again, I'll admit I was unnecessarily rude in my initial post, but it doesn't mean I have to agree. Like I said, people get passionate when it comes to zOMG! 3nodding If you want to continue talking about this, I suggest doing it through PM as to not make this thread go off-topic.

And I guess I'll will add a few ideas/speculation here. Maybe there could be a mirror-verse theme for parts of the Sky City, kind of like what Gaia did for Kanoko's Reflection but a different take? Maybe some of the NPC's that appear in the normal parts of zOMG! appear in the Sky City with different personalities than their counterparts, but they're really just illusions. And the coliseum that's being built in Barton? There could be a Sky City version that works differently in some way, maybe fighting Neo/Nexus/*insert cool title here* versions of previous bosses.

Also, there could be some 'forbidden' parts of the Sky City where Eldritch Abomination-type Animated dwell, and you get special recipes and loot that only drop from them. A "Nightmare" zone, if you will, that only appears during Nighttime (Gaia Standard Time, not real world time. Thaaat would make things difficult for time zones. xp ).

Ooh! And a Crystal tower! That has... some sort of storyline purpose. Can't think of one other than fighting Animated. I just think a tower made of crystal would be a cool visual. xp
Sensual Soul
Ps- Me Wub Yew

Well that's just it it's a bit hard to say, I'm not sure a shorter easier name wouldn't be better. As much as I like it I can't see me saying or typing it. >.< "Hey want to go to...Tlauixclpantecu....nvm ..." xp

Most people won't type out the full names of the areas we have now, almost everyone will say something like GB or VG.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
LuvTyler13

But see, no one said that the city would be based off of Tlauixcalpantecuhtliopolis.

This is where I am having a problem with this conversation. xd
Might want to explicitly state that in the OP. I have to confess, I was jolly confused when you said this after reading it - given that more or less every reference is to Tlauix-whatever. ninja

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Exiled Poet
Sensual Soul

This past Friday?
I wasn't there. Me and Syko were in NYC until late. We both completely forgot it was Dev night. xD
But yeah, smoke fluff sounds great. x3

Not Friday, Saturday night until really really early in the morning. It was kind of nice since it was not so spammy. But yeah we talked about a number of things like Kracken being made of oil and Heaven and Hell cities and all kinds of fluffs. Smoke just makes me thing of your avatar. You do stay with black and white. smile If you ever added color I wouldn't know it was you! So yeah, you need a smoke fluff pet. 3nodding

@ Valheita Lovely avatar! smile

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
@Sen: Better than my hobo look I take it? xd

Still pretty cheap though, only one cash item :3

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Keep it as it was. We'd be able to keep the loading screen.
With or without it's flair.....

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
Sensual Soul
Not Friday, Saturday night until really really early in the morning. It was kind of nice since it was not so spammy. But yeah we talked about a number of things like Kracken being made of oil and Heaven and Hell cities and all kinds of fluffs. Smoke just makes me thing of your avatar. You do stay with black and white. smile If you ever added color I wouldn't know it was you! So yeah, you need a smoke fluff pet. 3nodding

@ Valheita Lovely avatar! smile

Oh, well I couldn't have made it then either. emo
Had to catch my flight back home. emo emo
I stayed with my sister that night, and there's no wireless internet there, and her computer is in her room where she sleeps. xD Plus my laptop is screwed up atm anyway. And I had to get a good night's rest to take a bus to my parent's house.
I can't stay up late on my parent's desktop, either. emo I'm hoping my brother can fix up my laptop. We'll see. But for now, I can't do hardly anything. The desktop sucks, so I can't get on zOMG or Ocean Party or anything. Dx

But yeah, my theme is black/white/grey these days. xD Though I plan on making a purplish avatar sometime. I like purple~
I've kept with this particular avatar since forever. xP I need to make something new.

But aaaaanyway. xD I would love a smoke fluff. I'd also love it if they could make a hell city to counteract the sky city. I believe I mentioned that in one of my old posts in this thread, too. But yeah. xD

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Valheita
@Sen: Better than my hobo look I take it? xd

Still pretty cheap though, only one cash item :3

Much better! biggrin You look like you going flying! xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff