Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Charge Orbs are boring!

Yes, everyone here possibly knows what a charge orb is, with it's purple aurora and simplistic value increase... not too much to look at. With so many back stocked in our reserves, thousands and thousands of these orbs just simply sit there lacking purpose.

I am not even sure if this would work in the game's function, nor even if it would work in game play, but what if purple wasn't the only color charge orb? Sure it could remain the most common, I mean come on, its basic enough and neutral in color but I seek variety!

If you break down the basic charge orb, it contains two colors, red and blue...
Red possibly stands for health, blue for manna, but yellow is nowhere to be seen! for argument's sake I will label it as a rage/damage amplifier.

Now some of you may wonder why I might want to mess up a good thing? well... I simply don't think that my rings were powerful enough when my charge orbs were applied! My time felt wasted and no I am not a newb, I have all my rings at cl 10 and I have 1 of every ring. I am asking for improvement and possible customization.

-Melee focus on stamina and health mostly, just to constantly pummel attackers, the purple candidate.

-Ranged focus on damage and stamina, health not so important, the green candidate.

-Buffers might care to be more rounded but mostly need stamina... possibly pure blue?!

and each ring can be set for different effects so that all rounded players could take advantage of all specialized rings and use them circumstantially.

But more power is what I seek, so what if there were a way to compound charge orbs and create a new power level? A possibly white charge orb?! ... just think on it.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Reserved for amazing feedback...

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
-Open for retorts.-

- - - Come now, no one has any opinion on this matter?

Loyal Exhibitionist

I do agree that they should do something about the surplus of charge orbs. Selling them at 1g a pop isn't very profitable, so people tend to just let them pile up in hopes chapter 2 will come so they can jump to 20.0 (or close to) right off the bat.

Maybe they should make it so you can exchange the orbs for recipe materials. The rarer the material is, the more orbs it would be. Heck, maybe even give out recipes for orbs, but of course they would be more expensive than buying materials.

That's what I think we should do with our orbs. Of course this is just my opinion.

EDIT: Nice avatar by the way, Redforest.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
I thought of charge orb recipes, but truly what could one make out of pure energy?
*Newb throws energy ball...* //fail.

No, orbs need to stay orb like, but yeah, they are currently unprofitable and yes my stock pile is to jump to cl 15/20,... not sure how much bigger ch 2 will be. I still think varying or recombent charge orbs into stronger varieties would be neo.

And thank you for the complement! I think I might need red or black petals...
Well if you have alot of orbs sometimes it's useful to sell them for 1g each. I still have alot of orbs and i upgraded all my rings to 10.0

Wheezing Warlord

Well, I couldn't understand most of your post.
              Gotta stay on one topic at a time, bud.

But I did see customization.
              I've no idea what you're yapping on about with colors, but it sounds like you're getting at something I myself have suggested.
              Instead of only charging up the overall level of a ring, you could also increase individual values of it.
              For example, if you charge a Mantis' Stamina stat, it's stamina consumption would go down by .1 for ever level.
              If you charge it's Damage stat, it's damage rating would increase by, say 2% for every level.
              And so on, allowing specialization.

Ofcourse, you'd be limited in how many stats in an individual ring you can increase.
              This would also lead to players collecting duplicates of a single ring, to specialize in different ways.
              Which upgrades a ring has would be marked, so as to avoid confusion.

But, that's just my take on it.
SykoCaster, I think that's what the OP was referring to, as far as using orbs to lower/raise certain values of the rings such as stamina consumption, damage, and AOE.

I think that the OP is on the right track with this. From what I understand, it goes like this:

Purple orbs (basic) can be used to level any stats on a ring, but not all of them in one go.
Yellow orbs affect, say, only stamina, but more considerably than a purple orb might.
Red orbs affect the amount of damage (inc. healing rings) dealt by a single ring more considerably than a purple orb.
Blue orbs affect only the Area of Effect of a ring, but again more substantially than purple orbs would.
Green orbs could lessen the recharge time of a ring more effectively than a purple orb.
And, say, a white orb would level up all stats (AoE, Damage, Recharge Time, Stamina Consumption) of a single given ring.

I think I switched the colors around, but I'm just trying to clarify the underlying point. To me, it seems like a good idea, but it also seems like it would be a lot of work on the game-builders' parts. That would require "splitting" the rings into parts and creating new orbs/effects. Also, it would have to have a cap on it, otherwise there would be nigh-invincible players running around. zOMG only goes up to a CL10, so there isn't really a lot of room to customize without making the game even easier to beat than it already is.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Interesting idea - but pushes it away from the "so casual it's barely there" and into real MMO territory. I don't think that's what the Dev idea is, honestly.

My current theory is that there will not be a single Chapter 2 release.

First, that idea relies on the merchandise model for games - you release a single coherent expansion because you can *sell* a single coherent expansion.

Second, by their own admission the Dev team is small. The bad side of that is that a small team faces nearly insurmountable obstacles in creating a monolithic block of content that a Chapter expansion involves. The *good* side is that a small team can keep focus on multiple projects more easily - you do bug fixes, and as time permits you keep plugging away at new content with yourself and the few people you work and talk with regularly. You don't have to worry about someone hosing up your work because they don't understand the basic concept of what you're doing.

I'm expecting there to be an eventual and gradual release of material. We're already seeing moves towards this with the announcement that they're working on a 10.0 area and such. Bug fixes will plod along as they are now, and every few months we'll get a "hey, look at what we've introduced". I believe that MAJOR expansions (Hey look! Aekea's open!) will probably be much more infrequent, and probably tied in to major Gaia-wide events.

And with a gradual release schedule, there won't be a chance for those with hoarded orbs to explode in a shower of instant CL 20.0 - just a slow uptick here and there that most of the playerbase will be able to keep up with.

And at some point, someone will probably look back at the long string of releases and say "OK, that represents Chapter 2, that fight we just released is the last Boss fight for this section of the story arc, now we're starting on the next chapter."

Wheezing Warlord

Turk Shuriken
SykoCaster, I think that's what the OP was referring to, as far as using orbs to lower/raise certain values of the rings such as stamina consumption, damage, and AOE.

I think that the OP is on the right track with this. From what I understand, it goes like this:

Purple orbs (basic) can be used to level any stats on a ring, but not all of them in one go.
Yellow orbs affect, say, only stamina, but more considerably than a purple orb might.
Red orbs affect the amount of damage (inc. healing rings) dealt by a single ring more considerably than a purple orb.
Blue orbs affect only the Area of Effect of a ring, but again more substantially than purple orbs would.
Green orbs could lessen the recharge time of a ring more effectively than a purple orb.
And, say, a white orb would level up all stats (AoE, Damage, Recharge Time, Stamina Consumption) of a single given ring.

I think I switched the colors around, but I'm just trying to clarify the underlying point. To me, it seems like a good idea, but it also seems like it would be a lot of work on the game-builders' parts. That would require "splitting" the rings into parts and creating new orbs/effects. Also, it would have to have a cap on it, otherwise there would be nigh-invincible players running around. zOMG only goes up to a CL10, so there isn't really a lot of room to customize without making the game even easier to beat than it already is.

I don't care much for the idea of getting different colored orbs.
              The same ol' color should be used for any ring.
              imo.

Enigmatic Duelist

all i have to say is...no

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Bah to the direct nay sayers...

I do understand why this would never take hold, and Yes Syko has a fully developed idea as this was spit balling in comparison... I sadly hadn't the chance to enter the discussion on it and I happen to be board with the color purple.

Off note... Word bump would be interesting to compare to the method of orb grouping, another unlikely scenario... but it would be fun.

Along the lines with Turk, what does OP stand for and why those// color to attribute //choices?

Perfect Saint

Too complicated for me. That's just going to make my obsessiveness go out of bounds. Gotta make 'em all! zOMG is already a borderline addiction. I still want to liiiiivvvveeee!

Gracious Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
why change a already working system (orb-wise) I think you all are trying to make things more complicated than need be. Though being able to to do something with the extra orbs (other than sell back) would be nice.

@ Myrielle- i know what you mean, i would go insane by that too. obsessiveness >_<
As far as the small team goes, on the bright side I'm taking art classes and independent study flash programing to try and get hired by Gaia to work on zOMG one day <3 It's far-fetched but now I have a goal to work toward.

As for the orbs, I'd rather you use them to buy in-game items. Have you ever had that ONE ring you searched for months to find and just can't seem to get it? Wouldn't it be cool if you could trade orbs for it? Maybe more orbs for one of a higher CL? And the orbs for recipes isn't all that bad either. I wouldn't do it for the cash items like super charges, revives or the Sweetheart ring so Gaia doesn't lose any cash on this deal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff