Welcome to Gaia! ::

the game is made for people to develop there oun stile of combat some will want to fight sol bad guy stile using fire powers ,swords and fist some will play elementalist using every skill that involves elemental powers some will only use swords some will use a litel of every thing in a balanced whey some will only use lung range rings its made to develop your oun stile the same whey you are not restricted to dress you wont be restricted to use only a serten tipe of skill

now it is seed that combining serten tipes of ring will give you a boost in power i gues that makes up for a no class sistem
if it's gonna be anything like ragnarok, then i shall move the fridge near me so I will be on 24/7 xp Gaia Rules! mrgreen no really it does twisted

3,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
Byakuzen
Meh, i dont mind keeping my avatar for Gaia battle.
But i would like to see different classes in it.
having a melee guy who shoots fireballs an what not jus aint right.

Um, you don't have to have those kinds of rings then. You can just collect the one's that you do want and sell the others on the market. DUH..

3,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
St_PauL_013
if it's gonna be anything like ragnarok, then i shall move the fridge near me so I will be on 24/7 xp Gaia Rules! mrgreen no really it does twisted

Yes, Ragnarok is very addicting. lol
you use your avi
if you read the offical info they have they siad no class make your own. so if you want. take a pirate ring and a ninja ring and dress up like a hibrid of a ninja and a pirate and there you go your a pirateninja XD
having class will only limited your abilities. you actually wear 8 "same type of class" rings if you like. you can alway wear only magie or only physical atk rings. i like the system and i don't want any change.

Hilarious Noob

6,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Onlera
it says on the new site that we get to make gaia versions of our personalities, right? well, are they just going to be our gaia avatars? i mean, in a normal MMORPG, don't you have a class, and race and all sorts of things when you design you character?
is gaia battle just going to ignore that aspect of it?

yep 3nodding sorry sweatdrop

Aged Informer

the_fire_shadow
Onlera
it says on the new site that we get to make gaia versions of our personalities, right? well, are they just going to be our gaia avatars? i mean, in a normal MMORPG, don't you have a class, and race and all sorts of things when you design you character?
is gaia battle just going to ignore that aspect of it?

yep 3nodding sorry sweatdrop

I don't think Ignore is the correct word. Just because something is an accepted practice in *most* MMORPGs doesn't mean it is required or even a good idea. I would like point out the relatively new MMO, Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa which begins everyone as the same 'class' and allows them to progress as they like not other classes later on. Then there is EVE Online (while not an RPG) which has no classes and you can buy/build just about anything you like within the bounds set by the game.

Frankly static classes are over rated and a very narrow way of looking at a game play. They simply make some elements of game design easier by create a set of predefined roles that the developers can use to build monsters and challenges with those classes in mind. For Gaia we have up to 8 Rings to define 'our' abilities. The Developers will instead build challenges around these abilities and not a ridged class.

For more you should see Lord Fate's Why Using Weapons Makes No Sense At All.....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff