Welcome to Gaia! ::

{x}QUEST{x}RP SEARCH {x}CLAMP ACADEMY

Mm, I'm probably gonna get shot for this.

Anyway, will there be character classes anywhere in the mix? I think it would add variation in addition to certain combination of rings. It's not a complaint, just a curious question (or a thinly veiled suggestion winkwinknudgenudge).

Out of curiosity, armor? :] will there be armor in addition to weapons?

God knows people need their +10 [insert item] super oober defensive-defense armor.

iF i GO CRAZY WiLL YOU STiLL CALL ME SUPERMAN?
Currently, the Ring system will be the standing point that differentiates one user from another in the Battle System. At this point, I don't think there's going to actual classes within the game itself (not in the beginning, at least).
that would be kool
i prefer not having classes, like in MABINOGI, you could choose if act like a ninja or a pirate, or a PIRATE NINJA!

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
I imagine your 'class' will depend on your ring set-up, which would make for a really nice, flexible customisation system <3
Kilarra
I imagine your 'class' will depend on your ring set-up, which would make for a really nice, flexible customisation system <3

Yeah, it beats having to make one class for certain spells, and then make another character to get the others. But the downside is that you can't really dedicate skill points to stats like Strength, defense, magic power/defense yadda yadda....
{x}QUEST{x}RP SEARCH {x}CLAMP ACADEMY

Makes sense, I suppouse.

I was actually thinking of certain kinds of rings are for certain classes. Like [example class a] can only equip ring types [insert types here]. Or at least level-restrictions.

-mmorpg freeek-

iF i GO CRAZY WiLL YOU STiLL CALL ME SUPERMAN?
Hopefully it's customizable. I usually end up getting bored if i'm not allowed an arsenal of skills and various techniques to lay waste to scrubs with.

Then again it can't be to RO-esque. :]
_HawtFlashness_
Hopefully it's customizable. I usually end up getting bored if i'm not allowed an arsenal of skills and various techniques to lay waste to scrubs with.

From my understanding it's about eight rings at a time.

Not exactly an arsenal, unless the rings contain more then one skill. @@

'Heal rings will flood the MP' - I can see it now. :/
They already said they wont have classes. The combo of rings you have will determine it. For instance if you had a speed ring, an invisibility ring, an agility ring, and a kickass deadly ninja star throwing ring, your class would somewhat resemble a ninja! :3 That way we could also look like a pirate, yet the mad skilz of a ninja!
talking.to.penguins
_HawtFlashness_

From my understanding it's about eight rings at a time.

Not exactly an arsenal, unless the rings contain more then one skill. @@

'Heal rings will flood the MP' - I can see it now. :/
What I meant was I like the option to mix it up a little now and then. Although I do almost always choose the melee class in games such as Guild Wars, I would honestly appreciate the ability to switch to another skill set/ring combo, whenever I would feel like it. Hopefully Gaia MMO doesn't end up like some of the other crap out there, like Dragon Fable. :X
plus what they mentioned not promised, was if you had allot of one specialty ring, a combo would be rewarded with + whatever it is. And if you try to have something of everything your strengths would be depleted. So most people will be pushed to choosing one talent or profession if you will. xd
Ah! Er, it does make sense now. @@; I get the concept of flexibility.

Gah, I apologise If I sound a little retarded with the questions. I blame the former incoherent RO addiction problem.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff