Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Taihe
If the "new way" is the kiting kam while ignoring mobs thing (nutter), I'm very very worried to be seeing it labelled as the "new way". I'm also extremely concerned it's being bought up in a thread about teaching how to tank crypt.

We kinda named it nutter within ourselves for a reason. You have to be bonkers to do it. It was reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally not designed to be thrown around and is more-so a test of skill and speed. cat_sweatdrop Please don't bring it up to someone who doesn't even know how to tank crypt. We didn't have intentions on making it the new way of doing things. We're just a bunch of friends who happen to be somewhat good at this game, and pushed crypt to it's limit. Because of this it is really far too risky for general use. It's simply not designed that way. Please don't run around willy-nilly as if it's the best thing since sliced bread because it's really for people who really know what they're doing.

sorry I really had to clear that up, it's bothering me very much.
What I meant by the new way is the killing coffins before so many enemies appear. That's what I count as the "new" way. I have never done the nutter technique and it is definitely not something I'd ever recommend to someone new to tanking, or even some of the more experienced tankers.
Miyaka Hana
Taihe
If the "new way" is the kiting kam while ignoring mobs thing (nutter), I'm very very worried to be seeing it labelled as the "new way". I'm also extremely concerned it's being bought up in a thread about teaching how to tank crypt.

We kinda named it nutter within ourselves for a reason. You have to be bonkers to do it. It was reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally not designed to be thrown around and is more-so a test of skill and speed. cat_sweatdrop Please don't bring it up to someone who doesn't even know how to tank crypt. We didn't have intentions on making it the new way of doing things. We're just a bunch of friends who happen to be somewhat good at this game, and pushed crypt to it's limit. Because of this it is really far too risky for general use. It's simply not designed that way. Please don't run around willy-nilly as if it's the best thing since sliced bread because it's really for people who really know what they're doing.

What I meant by the new way is the killing coffins before so many enemies appear. That's what I count as the "new" way. I have never done the nutter technique and it is definitely not something I'd ever recommend to someone new to tanking, or even some of the more experienced tankers.

It's really hard to tell what's become 'new' when there's several ways of doing it, and when people say fast, I automatically assume "fastest" lol. But I have had multiple people ask me about details in nutter and even to teach them, so I kinda assume. I personally haven't seen anyone at all other than Luca's team for the derby do coffin strats either, outside of me and my friends. Honestly didn't expect it to become a thing. Can't say I join random crews really though. Regardless, yeah.. Still not something you want to bring up with a new tank, even if it is miles easier. cat_sweatdrop

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Taihe
Miyaka Hana
Taihe

It's really hard to tell what's become 'new' when there's several ways of doing it, and when people say fast, I automatically assume "fastest" lol. But I have had multiple people ask me about details in nutter and even to teach them, so I kinda assume. I personally haven't seen anyone at all other than Luca's team for the derby do coffin strats either, outside of me and my friends. Honestly didn't expect it to become a thing. Can't say I join random crews really though. Regardless, yeah.. Still not something you want to bring up with a new tank, even if it is miles easier. cat_sweatdrop

Yeah of course, I know exactly what to tell new and upcoming tanks about. I will always tell them that there are different ways to doing things just so they can decide for themselves later down the road if they want to learn a different way than the "old school" way, that's how I've always taught my students. I don't know enough about the other ways to tank crypt so I don't know how simple or how difficult it is to a 't', that's why I'd bring up someone I know who is more familiar to give them the information that I am unable to give myself. There are many people who taught gr tanks how to gr mob before they actually learned how to kite, I have quite a few friends from a year or so ago who learned gr mob before the classic gr way/standard gr way.

Omnipresent Warlord

Taihe
Miyaka Hana
Taihe

Killing coffins to stop them from spawning has been known for over a year. I might have even posted a thread about it when I found that out in a crew. That crazy kiting Kam and everything from a coffin thing is what I'd call new and I doubt it'll catch on because people who do crypt want the path of least resistance and the stakes for failing when kiting everything is way too high.

Omnipresent Warlord

Miyaka Hana
Omnileech
The crypt is the absolute best place to farm blood droplets so speeding up the process at the expense of losing that loot might not be the best way to go, in the long run. Still cool to see fast crews, though.
Is it really? I have awful luck with crypt being full of vamps and they don't drop any drops for me. I always thought that GR was much easier to farm for blood droplets and loot. At least, it was for me.

The vamps in GR are too high a level, and the drop rate of droplets for vamps is really low even at the proper level. The main source of droplets in DMS is from NFs, bats, and Kamila. You have more bloodbats overall in GR but their level is too high there but ideal in HPR and Crypt. Kamila also drops a ton of droplets in both BL and her first form. Next time you find yourself finding HPR and continue to first form, keep an eye on your droplets going in and when you're done and see the difference.
Omnileech
Taihe
Miyaka Hana
Taihe

Killing coffins to stop them from spawning has been known for over a year. I might have even posted a thread about it when I found that out in a crew. That crazy kiting Kam and everything from a coffin thing is what I'd call new and I doubt it'll catch on because people who do crypt want the path of least resistance and the stakes for failing when kiting everything is way too high.

Yeah, I didn't really do much gr+ until late last year and I don't pop into the forums very often, but I'm not surprised it's been around a while. The coffin strats isn't something I really considered to be new because I kinda guessed someone would have found out about it way before I learned of it, but I never saw it talked about so much or actually done by anyone very much until this year. I could have just been really out of the loop and unlucky with crews though, I really have no idea haha.
Yeah, I'm don't really think nutter will really catch on just because of the high risk, but being asked about it by a few people recently has worried me that there might be some people who might be rushing into it with any old crew. I'm all for people having a whack at it with some friends for fun after they're confident doing it the other ways, but I really wouldn't advise anyone do it regularly with random people in the ranch...Which I sincerely hope they're not doing. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid. :P

Alien Lightbringer

Taihe

Yeah, I didn't really do much gr+ until late last year and I don't pop into the forums very often, but I'm not surprised it's been around a while. The coffin strats isn't something I really considered to be new because I kinda guessed someone would have found out about it way before I learned of it, but I never saw it talked about so much or actually done by anyone very much until this year. I could have just been really out of the loop and unlucky with crews though, I really have no idea haha.
Yeah, I'm don't really think nutter will really catch on just because of the high risk, but being asked about it by a few people recently has worried me that there might be some people who might be rushing into it with any old crew. I'm all for people having a whack at it with some friends for fun after they're confident doing it the other ways, but I really wouldn't advise anyone do it regularly with random people in the ranch...Which I sincerely hope they're not doing. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid. :P

Of course everyone wants to be cool and try this out, it's understandable. but it is rather stupid to randomly try it without being prepared and warning the crew. this is happening, youre not paranoid xD or i am just paranoid as well because i wish as much that people would take a more thought out take on it. like what's with optimized ring sets, get rid of the bandies, solars and hot foots and make sure everyone can amp.
Now that the derby is over, it would be GREAT if someone could make a guide and post it in this forum about how it is properly done (and to discuss details)
ccatman
or who ever is ok to get credit for it.
I am glad you posted here Taihe, because people know you and will hopefully listen to you.
not everything new that the cool players do must become gospel and be forced on the masses.
luze
Taihe

Of course everyone wants to be cool and try this out, it's understandable. but it is rather stupid to randomly try it without being prepared and warning the crew. this is happening, youre not paranoid xD or i am just paranoid as well because i wish as much that people would take a more thought out take on it. like what's with optimized ring sets, get rid of the bandies, solars and hot foots and make sure everyone can amp.
Now that the derby is over, it would be GREAT if someone could make a guide and post it in this forum about how it is properly done (and to discuss details)
ccatman
I am glad you posted here Taihe, because people know you and will hopefully listen to you.
not everything new that the cool players do must become gospel and be forced on the masses.

Yeah, that's why I'm ok with a bunch of friends getting together to try it out. It can actually be kinda fun, even though it's a big learning curve. It's very satisfying to complete it successfully.
I am actually guilty of forcing it onto people, one time kam got stuck moving from BR to BL and ending up stalking everyone through crypt so I just took her and kited+deaggro'd. Trust me, kiting over 10 mobs+kam while trying to tell them what to do is very difficult haha. But it was already taking ages, and I made sure I drilled it into them that I only did it to save the time from wiping, and that it's not something I, or other people would usually do with random crews.

I'm actually in process with a few others of creating an absolute guide to doing DMS (with a tank primarily), which is going to explain some of the more complicated things like nuttering crypt on the second page.
But for now, ccat's journal explains what we were doing pretty well, paired up with some recordings of our runs.

i feel offtopic now

Omnipresent Warlord

Taihe
luze
Taihe

ccatman

Yeah, that's why I'm ok with a bunch of friends getting together to try it out. It can actually be kinda fun, even though it's a big learning curve. It's very satisfying to complete it successfully.
I am actually guilty of forcing it onto people, one time kam got stuck moving from BR to BL and ending up stalking everyone through crypt so I just took her and kited+deaggro'd. Trust me, kiting over 10 mobs+kam while trying to tell them what to do is very difficult haha. But it was already taking ages, and I made sure I drilled it into them that I only did it to save the time from wiping, and that it's not something I, or other people would usually do with random crews.

I'm actually in process with a few others of creating an absolute guide to doing DMS (with a tank primarily), which is going to explain some of the more complicated things like nuttering crypt on the second page.
But for now, ccat's journal explains what we were doing pretty well, paired up with some recordings of our runs.

i feel offtopic now

I was writing something about how to DMS on a budget with a focus on doing it efficiently, cheaply while quickly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff