Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Fatcat

We're exploring a couple of opportunities to get some development time to resolve bugs in zOMG. I need to get a good solid understanding of what the bugs are, detail that will help us with resolving, and how to prioritize each one. We've got a good list going here which is a good start:

Berryfarmer
Let's see some of the glitches to put on a list:
  • Charge Orb and Shadow Orb counters glitching on numbers- Makes upgrading a pain in the arse and a waiting game. Discourages new players if they can't upgrade or have an accurate orb count.
  • Alastor quest in DMS glitched- This is in payed for content, where a specific quest will not activate.
  • General Mayhem on normal-This boss battle is glitched on normal difficulty preventing successful completion of the battle without selecting easy or hard.
  • Broken quests- Seems to plague the twins in Otami and the Vox Stellarium. PLEASE ADD MORE IF KNOW OF THEM
  • Silent NPCs- Plagues Leon and Elizabeth in the beginning area the most, also discourages new players.
  • EB reward recipes- They don't grant for some people no matter how many times they beat EB.
  • Glitched train station- Did they ever fix the new "tutorial"/starting area? I remember there being a glitch where Leon would glitch after you kill the OMGs, or did that get fixed? It discourages new players again, if they cannot even get started properly.
  • Loot not showing up in inventory ingame.
  • Broken mini-events- Primarily ones with spawns such as Fly By in Zen and P3s in Gold Beach.
  • Broken badge grant- The Lawnshark badge in Village Greens for 1200 points in a single event.
  • Quest flags not clearing from map once completed.
  • DMS maps resetting- the infamous instance reset
  • Cure Powerup- Release it again? More possible revenue.
  • Clan chat doesn't work either.
  • Unable to unsuppress in null - Sometimes when you die with suppressed CL you are unable to unsuppress to your maximum CL in null chamber. This is only fixed when you do a hard refresh and completely log out of the game. (You can further suppress your CL in null, and unsuppress to the CL you died at, but no further.)

We need a bit more, though. The more information we have about these bugs, the more efficiently we can address them. So, I need your help! For each of these we need:

Name Nicknames help us keep track of the bug because we're old and have bad memories.
Description As much detail as you're willing to provide about what the actual problem is.
Environment Operating system, browser version - not always important, but if you're unsure if it's relevant, just put it on there.
Steps to reproduce Step by step instructions that we can follow to see the problem.
Reproducability Does it always happen or just sometimes? Does it happen for everyone or just you?

You can also include Expected Result and Actual Result if the description doesn't cover it. Sometimes Screenshots are in order as well. I'd also appreciate a Priority (please use 1-10, 10 being highest priority). If there's any other information that you think will help us, please tell us.

Try not to make too many duplicates smile . You may want to coordinate z bugs forum. Up to you guys. Yes, I know we have a whole forum for this; I'm doing my best to make this as efficient as possible. Part of that means getting everything in a consistent format.

Thanks to everyone who is willing to take the time!

Questionable Genius

We had a huge thread that got moved to Bug reports. stare Someone can dig it up, I'm sure, but it was an attempt to catalog all the current bugs we know of.

Edit: List here.

I'm glad you guys are taking our bug complaints seriously, finally. One reason so many people left zOMG is because of the rampant bugs that affect player experience.

Now refund our BB Tickets/make BBComplete, put JK back on zOMG and resume production of the game, and we might just stop raging at you. : P

Rainbow Hunter

Mademoiselle Kit
We had a huge thread that got moved to Bug reports. stare Someone can dig it up, I'm sure, but it was an attempt to catalog all the current bugs we know of.

Not much digging required, here goes Berryfarmer's master list

Questionable Genius

Memory Haunts You
Mademoiselle Kit

Just edited it in, lol.

But yeah, please read that, admins.

Greedy Fatcat

Mademoiselle Kit
Memory Haunts You
Mademoiselle Kit

Just edited it in, lol.

I saw this thread and it is very helpful. Some of them are obvious to the devs, others are not and require clarification. As to which ones, I don't personally know so I need to lean on you guys for your help.

Questionable Genius

DARKNRGY
Mademoiselle Kit
Memory Haunts You
Mademoiselle Kit

Just edited it in, lol.

I saw this thread and it is very helpful. Some of them are obvious to the devs, others are not and require clarification. As to which ones, I don't personally know so I need to lean on you guys for your help.
Well, if all you guys need is a complete clarification of the bugs, we can do that. Personally I've only experienced a couple of them (orb count glitch, Alastor's quest glitch, GR reset, Vox Stellarum glitch) but I'll help out any way I can.

I'm just glad our bug complaints are finally be taken seriously. emotion_dowant Is this real life?

Benevolent Codger

In all the fervor of Berry's thread, it seems I'd entirely forgotten my own bug report (from some time ago) - an issue with Donator Status not activating for purchases made through the in-game shop. I'm afraid it'd be a trifle redundant to repeat what's already present in the thread, however, so I'll allow you to find the details, there. sweatdrop

I know it's probably not really zOMG!-exclusive (that is, I'm a little doubtful the issue lies within the zOMG! framework itself), but being that it primarily affects zOMG! players, I find it worth a mention...

Mega Borg

13,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Nickname: Logan's Quest Chain

Description: The glitch happened during the last part of Logan's quest chain. He told me to go attach a device to the windmill and come back. I headed for the windmill, attached the device and came back. When I clicked on Logan, he kept telling me that I had to attach the device to the windmill. So, I went back to the windmill and tried again.

This time, after I arrived at the windmill, I got rewarded with some gold and orbs. Walked back over to Logan and saw that his speech bubble was gone. I never got to select a ring. Please, fix it.

Environment: Windows 7, Chrome.

Steps to Reproduce: See "Description."

Redproducability: I've heard that other people have problems with broken quest chains and silent NPCs.

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
No nick name and not really sure if it's a glitch, but when in BB Full, when trying to exit, at least from the side where the pirate, is, when clicking with the mouse, it returns you to BB Full. I personally have to use the arrow key to escape from BB Full with that entrance. I don't know about the other entrance, if it has the same problem when leaving from BB Full.

Destructive Bunny

DARKNRGY

Since testing glitches can take up a lot of time, can you give us a list of glitches that you don't require documentation for?

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Been testing on multiple accounts the last three days, I think the silent NPC bug has something to do with the mechanic that logs people on and off. Been able to force NPCs to be silent a few times in different areas.

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

Lol yay harmless typo! xd
Name: Mayhem Typo. xd
Priority: 1
Reproduceable: 100%

Btw: I heard first form Kamila's line of sight aggro is effectively infinite? Guessing this would be a glitch? >w<

EDIT: Oh yeah, fix taunt pl0x so it scales with CL
Priority: 2
Berryfarmer
Been testing on multiple accounts the last three days, I think the silent NPC bug has something to do with the mechanic that logs people on and off. Been able to force NPCs to be silent a few times in different areas.

Since I'm curious myself, which ones?~

IRL Vampire

my egg-ring isn't working emo nothing happens when I click on it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out