Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

Speaking of Sand Castle Golems, I have one more, which I've already brought to [ JK ]'s attention; but which is slightly outside of his department, I'm afraid. sweatdrop

----
User Image

Golems Gone Wild - This glitch is part of the pre-render option system; the system pre-loads some enemy animations as raster images, saving the CPU from having to constantly re-calculate Flash's normal vector graphics. The function appears to factor the scale of the area you're currently entering into while pre-rendering; meaning that if you load an area from a small-scale screen (the above image was taken after loading in at the Buccaneer Boardwalk's Ferris Wheel), the pre-rendered graphics become distorted when scaled up to size. Ideally the game should be tracking the largest available scale among interconnected areas, and pre-rendering animations at that scale; or, more simply - which is unfortunately also more memory-intensive - simply pre-rendering all enemies at 100% scale, and sizing down as necessary...
Falbal
I have a problem whith another broken quest: "Spear Me The Lies"

I have collected the 15 spears, but when I talk to Morgan, he does not finish the quest and give me the reward. I have done the quest succesfully a couple of times before, but now it seems to be stuck. It does not help to change my level. I have tried several different levels, even down to level 1, but it makes no difference.

Not sure if you resolved it yet, but buy some off the marketplace~

I really don't get why it happens myself, but for whatever reason, you don't actually have the spears you need in your inventory~

...Or actually, I'll just give you some. Accept the trade~
Fr33d0m4ever
Falbal

I have collected the 15 spears, but when I talk to Morgan, he does not finish the quest and give me the reward. I have done the quest succesfully a couple of times before, but now it seems to be stuck. It does not help to change my level. I have tried several different levels, even down to level 1, but it makes no difference.

I really don't get why it happens myself, but for whatever reason, you don't actually have the spears you need in your inventory~

The problem it not with the lack of spears. I have the 15 spears I need, and the quest also tells me that it is done, and that I must go back and talk to Morgan, but for some reason it will not finish when I talk to him. I am able to talk to him.

But thanks for the offer. biggrin
Falbal
Fr33d0m4ever
Falbal

The problem it not with the lack of spears. I have the 15 spears I need, and the quest also tells me that it is done, and that I must go back and talk to Morgan, but for some reason it will not finish when I talk to him. I am able to talk to him.

But thanks for the offer. biggrin

Just accept it and try again~
Fr33d0m4ever

I can't thank you enough. biggrin It worked.

But then there must be another bug, because how can I walk around killing Tiny Terrors until it says that I have all the spears, and then when I go straight to Morgan, I don't have any? I did not do anything in between.
Falbal
Fr33d0m4ever

I can't thank you enough. biggrin It worked.

But then there must be another bug, because how can I walk around killing Tiny Terrors until it says that I have all the spears, and then when I go staight to Morgan, I don't have any? I did not do anything in between.

Beats me; this also happens for some people in collecting fibers for the repeatable in Gold Beach~

...But seemingly only once anyway. At least, everyone that had the problem occur never said it was a continuous problem after fixing it once~
Red Kutai
Restless Rings - This is a curious little glitch, wherein unsoulbound Rings purchased from the Marketplace will not permanently soulbind - as intended - when a player equips them. As far as I'm aware, the rings display as soulbound while equipped, but the next time the player logs into the game, the ring will not only have become unsoulbound, but have hopped out of his ring tray and back into his inventory. Being that this is a nuissance, the workaround of performing a 'Swap' on the affected ring (which does successfully soulbind them) has become common.

----

Bought and Found - While on the subject of Market-bought rings, another common issue springs to mind; rings purchased from the Marketplace have a habit of being placed at the very depths of a player's ring inventory. Many new buyers have issues finding those rings (the scrollbar that indicates the extended inventory is rather discreet), and the hassle of scrolling through dozens of empty rows to reach it is needless, anyhow.

I don't think a long explanation like this is really necessary, but... ehh...

For these 2, it goes something like this:

"Bought and Found" rings or powerups appear in the buyer's inventory wherever the seller had them. If that's in the first slot of the powerups tray, that's where it will be. If it's in row 121, column 3 of the ring inventory, that's where it will be~

Now if there's something in the spot already, it becomes a bit trickier. In the case of permanently unsoulbound rings, they will take the spot of anything that was in the previous spot. Whatever was there previously will then take up the earliest available spot in your ring inventory~

In the case of powerups, they place themselves in the first open spot it can find. Whether that's in your powerups tray or powerups inventory. I only tested transferring powerups between trays though... and it has been awhile since I've actually done it... but nevertheless, something like that~

"Restless Rings" came as a result of there being a point and time where rings automatically soulbound. To prevent that from happening. I'm betting the rings being moved back into one's inventory is a result of a "check". And swapping its CL changes it to... well, I can't properly explain this in my current state, but I think you know what I'm getting at by now~

Basically though, "bought and found" isn't really a glitch itself, but is what's responsible for some/all unsoulbound "restless rings". (I can't say for sure, as the only people who talked about it had the issue. Those without it/didn't care about it never said anything.)

Benevolent Codger

Fr33d0m4ever
I don't think a long explanation like this is really necessary, but... ehh...

Anything that helps to isolate the issue is useful, I'd imagine. 3nodding

Quote:
"Bought and Found" rings or powerups appear in the buyer's inventory wherever the seller had them. If that's in the first slot of the powerups tray, that's where it will be. If it's in row 121, column 3 of the ring inventory, that's where it will be~

Now if there's something in the spot already, it becomes a bit trickier. In the case of permanently unsoulbound rings, they will take the spot of anything that was in the previous spot. Whatever was there previously will then take up the earliest available spot in your ring inventory~

In the case of powerups, they place themselves in the first open spot it can find. Whether that's in your powerups tray or powerups inventory. I only tested transferring powerups between trays though... and it has been awhile since I've actually done it... but nevertheless, something like that~

That makes sense; if the items' inventory location is stored as part of the item data, it would transfer along with it. The simple fix would be to blank that data when an item is listed in the Marketplace (i.e., when it's no longer actually in any inventory), to avoid inventory size discrepancies.

The fact that different items behave differently given the same conditions is curious, though; it'd be ideal if each item functioned as Powerups, and simply took the earliest available position. That, along with blanking out location value when the item hits the Marketplace, would lead to items taking either the zero position, or the earliest available thereafter - precisely what players would expect.
Quote:
"Restless Rings" came as a result of there being a point and time where rings automatically soulbound. To prevent that from happening. I'm betting the rings being moved back into one's inventory is a result of a "check". And swapping its CL changes it to... well, I can't properly explain this in my current state, but I think you know what I'm getting at by now~

But equipped rings should automatically soulbind, no? Unless the ring in question is of a special unbindable type (or already bound), the equip function should be soulbinding every ring. Why would they be seeking to prevent that from happening? I don't think I've properly understood you... sweatdrop
Red Kutai

But equipped rings should automatically soulbind, no? Unless the ring in question is of a special unbindable type (or already bound), the equip function should be soulbinding every ring. Why would they be seeking to prevent that from happening? I don't think I've properly understood you... sweatdrop

Well yes, they should. But... let's say a person had unsoulbound rings on his/her account. And never logged back into zOMG after they became soulbound. The rings this person had was in his/her ring tray... where it should automatically soulbind. But since the person never went back onto the game, and just kept it up on the MP until a buyer came, it never got bound properly~

Then this person decides to sell it. Someone buys it... and now, the buyer of the ring isn't happy the ring he/she bought to resell again is already bound to that account~

Something like that. If items just went to the first available spot in one's inventory when transferred, that would be ideal I think. But... well, even that doesn't seem so straightforward. Since if it were similar to how ring drops are placed in-game, that would mean the ring could still potentially end up in the tray~

...My explanations are utterly terrible when tired... sorry for that~ >>;
Hope this makes sense on that note~ ;-;

Benevolent Codger

Fr33d0m4ever
Well yes, they should. But... let's say a person had unsoulbound rings on his/her account. And never logged back into zOMG after they became soulbound. The rings this person had was in his/her ring tray... where it should automatically soulbind. But since the person never went back onto the game, and just kept it up on the MP until a buyer came, it never got bound properly~

Then this person decides to sell it. Someone buys it... and now, the buyer of the ring isn't happy the ring he/she bought to resell again is already bound to that account~

I think I understand, now. You're assuming that the game runs a check when loading, which ejects any unsoulbound (but not unbindable) rings from the player's ring tray, in order to avoid those rings becoming soulbound in an undesirable fashion. That's certainly interesting, yes - that would mean that those rings are still unsoulbound when the player logs in, though, so the motion of actually moving it from your inventory, into a ring slot, is not binding it as intended. But that would reasonably isolate the issue. 3nodding
Quote:
Something like that. If items just went to the first available spot in one's inventory when transferred, that would be ideal I think. But... well, even that doesn't seem so straightforward. Since if it were similar to how ring drops are placed in-game, that would mean the ring could still potentially end up in the tray~

...My explanations are utterly terrible when tired... sorry for that~ >>;
Hope this makes sense on that note~ ;-;

No worries; you're making fine sense. 3nodding

Personally I'm not too keen on treating the ring tray as the first 8 slots of the inventory, to begin with; it's elegant, in a sense, but considering how differently we expect our ring tray to function from our inventory, I just don't think it's fully serving its role. I think that's the deeper issue, but I believe that stretches a bit beyond the realm of bug-fixing, so I'll leave that alone.

Assuming the soulbinding function activates only when the ring is equipped (that is, moved by a player, into the ring tray) even if a soulbound ring was deposited into a player's tray, it wouldn't be too harmful - they would have the opportunity to remove it, and keep it unsoulbound. That's still something of a lazy solution (the best solution would be, I suppose, modifying the function to ignore the first eight slots when determining the 'first available' one), and would potentially allow players to play with those rings while they remain unsoulbound, and remove and re-sell them at a later time. There are probably more patchy fixes one could implement to avoid that, but all-in-all I think addressing the root issue (the fact that rings can be placed directly in a player's ring tray) is the best way to go...

Questionable Genius

Queen Lorelei glitch.

Queen is invisible in SS to everyone. Don't know what triggered it, but she's been invisible for as long as I can remember. It would be nice to see Her Sexiness one day. :c

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Started a crew, clicked the gate for dmp, selected easy, and clicked again. I couldn't enter or change screens.

I tried /stuck, refreshing, passing the crown, closing the window and trying again, and finally relogged.

User Image

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
jonjon21428
A Scenario where new users are stuck in the Tutorial

There are more ways to be glitched in there though

I had this happen to me in null chamber today. burning_eyes

I died and it automatically instantly teleported me to null and I was dazed with awaken button not doing anything..

Hard refresh fixed it though. xd

Shy Cat

15,925 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
Quest flags not clearing from map once completed

IE

Steps to reproduce: Just go into Village Greens.

Reproducability: Always happens.

Here is the screen shot:

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out