Welcome to Gaia! ::

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Fr33d0m4ever
Berryfarmer
Been testing on multiple accounts the last three days, I think the silent NPC bug has something to do with the mechanic that logs people on and off. Been able to force NPCs to be silent a few times in different areas.

Since I'm curious myself, which ones?~

I've been able to get the main ones for starting Leon, Elizabeth, Candice and Rina silent on two mules now. I was going to try a third tomorrow/later today just to be certain of it before documenting, then try playing on a fourth mule where I don't try the conditions to make sure.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Aseres
my egg-ring isn't working emo nothing happens when I click on it

You still trying to get that one fixed? Remember- if it doesn't do damage, SALVAGE IT.

On a more serious note- I'll see what I can do re: documenting glitches.

Glitch: Error when upgrading rings re: message
Browser(s): Chrome, Opera, FF (haven't tried it on Safari or IE, but I'm sure I could), Windows 7 OS
Description: When you upgrade a ring to a round number CL and are not in a crew, instead of the message "Zzyli has upgraded a ______ ring up to CL __.0!", you get the message "You are not in a crew"
Screenshot: Coming.

Genius

Will it be possibe to tweak the user interface abit? I think it would be a major help if you guys allow us to salavage multiple rings at once or you can create a trash can like feature where we could dump our spare rings in like the recycling bin in our computers and then just confirm the salvage.
II_Kisame_II
Will it be possibe to tweak the user interface abit? I think it would be a major help if you guys allow us to salavage multiple rings at once or you can create a trash can like feature where we could dump our spare rings in like the recycling bin in our computers and then just confirm the salvage.

no offence.. but that's a game suggestion not a bug/glitch. I agree with you that such a feature would be desirable as accidentally deleting a ring happens to the best of us.
Personally i would like to see a feature where one can remove unwanted active quests. Hereby i think not only of (accidentally accepted) repeatable ones, but of glitched ones as well so you can start them over. For example: i have had this "report back to agent caruthers" from the repeatable "Into the fray" quest on my active quests list for years now. No matter what CL i suppress to... he's not talking with me.

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
A Scenario where new users are stuck in the Tutorial

There are more ways to be glitched in there though

Benevolent Codger

I'm intending to look through Berry's master list and share as much information as I currently have on any of the glitches I'm at-all familiar with. Unfortunately, I spend more time in the Forums than I do in the game, so my ability to troubleshoot is limited by second-hand accounts. sweatdrop

----

DMS Maze Resets - This is something of a big one, and unfortunately I don't have much personal experience. Based on an account of it that I heard yesterday, however, there's a distinct possibility that the 'reset' is not so much a 'reset', as the creation of a new maze alongside the existing (cleared) one. As such, it's possible that the conditions for generating a new maze are a little loose, and I'd suggest looking into that.

The account I heard involved one player disconnecting from her crew, and after re-connecting and attempting to catch back up (using the "attuned door" near the entrance), found herself in a decidedly un-cleared Green Maze. The curious bit was that she had Crewmates inside the Green Maze - in fact, they were waiting in the room she should've been entering, which was cleared; those Crewmates were able to watch her enter the room, and saw her daze from 'invisible enemies'. I would guess the players were mutually visible because all of them were in 'room0' of the Green Maze, despite the fact that those were obviously two different mazes. Unfortunately it would be extremely time-consuming to test this glitch, so all I can offer up are the accounts I hear about it.

----

Vampsformers - This is just a visual glitch, possibly an overlooked copy-paste in the on-hit animations for the vampires. It's low priority to be sure, but it looks silly, and should hopefully be a relatively quick fix.

----

Orb Counters - This one really is a hassle, and I can imagine quite the deterrent to unfamiliar players. Essentially it involves the counter either defaulting to 0, or jumping to an arbitrarily high value. From 0, it continues to record new drops, but since use of the 'Upgrade' button is predicated upon that counter showing the requisite number of Orbs, it still prevents proper use of the system. I recall it occurring with nearly every upgrade just after DMS was released, but having just tried I wasn't able to reproduce it. Hopefully someone else can offer some more detail. sweatdrop

----

General Mayhem AbNormal - The Normal level of this instance appears to stall out after 6 waves of Gnomes spawn. It's a little hard to tell why this happens from a player side, but hopefully it'd be a bit more obvious on your end. redface

----

EB Recipe Rewards - This is a glitch that I've actually got some personal experience with; however, it's one with which I think the dev team is already familiar, considering Kuzuan's former efforts to repair it. The issue appears to be that the game believes those players have already received the necessary grants without having actually granted them. It displays the "you've already received all rewards" text, and grants gold instead. Kuzuan's repairs imply that it's possible to check the grants log to determine whether those items were ever actually received; perhaps it would be possible for the game to run such a check automatically?

----

Null Chamber Reset - Another that I have experience with, but it's mostly harmless; interestingly, I was affected by it at the same time that a slew of other players were, as well. Apparently the game just loses track of which Null Crystals are 'attuned', and resets them all. I've not heard any accounts of it happening there, but this is potentially a bigger issue now that 'attuning' is used in DMS. Additionally, the notion of player data just disappearing is worrisome in-and-of-itself. sweatdrop

----

RR, Cap'n - This is a classic glitch that has confused more players than I can count. When an effect disables one's rings (as Fear or Sleep, or having one's Ring Inventory open), that player's ring tray is given a grayed filter. Whenever a player closes their Ring Inventory, that grayed filter is removed. Thus, visually, a player can press 'R' (the default hotkey for the Ring Inventory) twice to open and close their inventory, removing the gray filter even while under Fear and Sleep. Interestingly, this does allow players to 'use' their rings - but the game is still smart enough to realise that they shouldn't really work; the animations appear on-screen, but produce no tangible effect. The fix should be as simple as adding an extra conditional statement; closing one's inventory should remove the filter if and only if Fear/Sleep status is not currently in effect. 3nodding

----

Touchy Set Glows - It appears that the glow for sets is checked only once, on login. If a player has a set equipped at the time he logs in, the glow will not disappear no matter what rings he later equips; if that player does not have a set equipped at that time, it will not glow no matter what happens. Ideally, this check should be made every time a player changes rings. This glitch is exclusively visual, however, and can be easily shown not to affect sets mechanically.

----

Buff 'Overwriting' - It can be shown mechanically that lower-Rank buffs will not overwrite higher-Rank versions already present; but the Crew Pane disagrees pretty vehemently. Whenever a player uses an Armor-based ring, the game always overwrites whatever icon was present before, even if the buff itself remains unchanged; the game should only be changing the icon when the existing buff is replaced. It's likely that this bug is related to the fact that those same Buffs grant Rage with each use, but I'll list it separately on the off-chance that they're not.

----

Buff OverRaging - As mentioned above, Armor buffs grant Rage at times when they shouldn't. Buffs are intended to grant Rage only when used at Rage Ranks higher than the rank currently applied; Armor buffs simply fail to make that check. This allows players to use Armor rings repeatedly to generate Rage in an unintended manner; while certainly not gamebreaking, it has had a significant influence on the dynamics of gameplay.

----

KnockbackOUT - Knockback function doesn't seem to adequately check for collisions. This can affect both players and enemies, causing either to be lodged helplessly into walls. The "/stuck" keyword (which teleports genuinely stuck players to the Null Chamber) was implemented as a workaround, but actually addressing the issue would be less of an imposition to players. It's worth noting, also, that this glitch has been utilised to strand enemies in walls, leaving them harmless - one of the methods commonly used to achieve "Endless PS". sweatdrop

----

Running in Fear - Running scared from Robofish is perfectly understandable, but there should be limits - the transition between the Robofish caves and the Sealab Compounds allows players under the 'fishes' Fear effect to abandon their Crew accidentally. Ideally, the game should be checking whether the player is actually moving of their own volition, before initiating the transition.

----

Fail RR4 - Some issues with the Rage metre make it difficult for players to tell whether they actually have enough Rage to use rings at RR4. The first issue (and the only genuine glitch) is that the Crew Pane shows Rage Ranks as available prematurely; it shows RR1 available at 33% Rage, RR2 available at 66% Rage, and RR3 available at 99% Rage - whereas each must be explicitly greater than that amount to actually be utilised (interestingly, RR1 and RR2 actually cost 33% and 66% of one's bar, respectively - meaning those uses never actually empty one's Rage metre). Likely just an inconsistency in comparative signs, I'd wager.

The second related issue is less a glitch, and more an inconvenience; the issue being that the Rage metre only displays 98% of the full bar. Players cannot distinguish between a Bar which is fuller than 98%, meaning that even when Rage appears full, it often isn't full enough to achieve RR4. This is more a GUI issue than a glitch, but it causes more problems than the actual glitch does, and warrants a fix all the same.

----

Restless Rings - This is a curious little glitch, wherein unsoulbound Rings purchased from the Marketplace will not permanently soulbind - as intended - when a player equips them. As far as I'm aware, the rings display as soulbound while equipped, but the next time the player logs into the game, the ring will not only have become unsoulbound, but have hopped out of his ring tray and back into his inventory. Being that this is a nuissance, the workaround of performing a 'Swap' on the affected ring (which does successfully soulbind them) has become common.

----

Bought and Found - While on the subject of Market-bought rings, another common issue springs to mind; rings purchased from the Marketplace have a habit of being placed at the very depths of a player's ring inventory. Many new buyers have issues finding those rings (the scrollbar that indicates the extended inventory is rather discreet), and the hassle of scrolling through dozens of empty rows to reach it is needless, anyhow.

----

Ring Switching and Health - Normally, players cannot unequip rings outside of the Null Chamber; however, strangely, players are still perfectly able to switch those rings' positions. This is nonsensical, in-and-of-itself, but hardly constitutes a glitch; the issue that arises is that when a player does so, the game assumes the player is actually changing rings, and drops their health to its base value (ignoring G'hi). This allows players with at least 1 point of Health granted by G'hi to immediately heal themselves to good effect (via Bandage or Diagnose), gaining Rage in an unintended manner. Fixes would entail either having the game factor G'hi boosts while swapping rings (rather than afterwards), or simply making such ring switching impossible. My own fingers assert that the latter makes most sense. razz

----

We Meat Again - This is a glitch that I've got a personal vendetta against, partially thanks to my longtime (platonic) relationship with the ring Meat. According to bronstahd, this glitch has been handled once and somehow the fix has managed to become un-stuck. Essentially, the issue is that Meat does not read whether another Meat buff is currently in place, and adjust its healing accordingly; this allows the ring to be Raged gradually to greater effect than simply using it once at RR4.

----

Defibr-alive - Defirbillate is mysteriously usable on non-dazed targets; at least, the animation plays, the ring starts cool down, but no real effect is produced (no Rage spent, etc). It should really be checking whether the target is valid before the animation plays, not after.

----

I seem to recall something else I wanted to add, but senility strikes - I'll have to come back to it. Hopefully that information is usable, though, and hopefully it can result in some long-overdue fixes... 3nodding

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
For some reason there's a white dot following me no matter what I wear on my avatar.

Benevolent Codger

Sasune
For some reason there's a white dot following me no matter what I wear on my avatar.

That's an artefact of the target animation from Sweetheart; a glitch I'd forgotten about, entirely. There's a similar issue with a caster animation artefact, that leaves a floating purple hand hovering alongside someone who uses it. Locating and removing those from the Ring animation shouldn't be overwhelmingly difficult, so if they get the chance to check for it, that should be an easy fix... 3nodding

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
my char is cant walk out frome tree

Rainbow Hunter

frost 040396
my char is cant walk out frome tree

Ah!! I saw your other thread but couldn't give an efficient reply because you didn't mention the tree! What you need to do, is type /stuck in the chat panel. It will warp you to the null.
I have a problem whith another broken quest: "Spear Me The Lies"

I have collected the 15 spears, but when I talk to Morgan, he does not finish the quest and give me the reward. I have done the quest succesfully a couple of times before, but now it seems to be stuck. It does not help to change my level. I have tried several different levels, even down to level 1, but it makes no difference.

Rainbow Hunter

Falbal

I have collected the 15 spears, but when I talk to Morgan, he does not finish the quest and give me the reward. I have done the quest succesfully a couple of times before, but now it seems to be stuck. It does not help to change my level. I have tried several different levels, even down to level 1, but it makes no difference.

Oh I have a question!! If you kill more tiny terrors now, do you get the notification "Spear head - 21/15" , or something like that? I mean, the counter still going even though your acquired amount is higher than the requested amount?

I have something like that going on with sand golemns.
Memory Haunts You
Falbal

Oh I have a question!! If you kill more tiny terrors now, do you get the notification "Spear head - 21/15" , or something like that? I mean, the counter still going even though your acquired amount is higher than the requested amount?

I have something like that going on with sand golemns.

No, I don't get any numbers when I kill Tiny Terrors.

Rainbow Hunter

Falbal

No, I don't get any numbers when I kill Tiny Terrors.

Alright.
What I'm getting, is this:

User Image

More info: this has started after I had successfully completed the repeatable quest numerous times.
When I talk to CeeJay, the NPC who is in charge of the repeatable quest about the sand golems, she says: "Those castle-monster-thingies are in it with Memory Haunts You on the job!" (which is what she is SUPPOSED to say when I have less than 20 done.)

So basically, what the program seems to be doing, is to fail to recognise that 564 is a higher amount than 20. I call it the sand golem math fail. razz

It's not only happening with the sand golems; I have seen reports (though not very often) about this happening with other repeatable quests, too.
There is a bug with the displaying of the current buff rank for the ring Iron Will in the crew and target window for my character.

If I don't have Iron Will activated, and I then activate it at rank 4, everything works as it is supposed to.

But, if I already have Iron Will activated at a lower rank than 4, and then activate it at rank 4, it goes back to showing the previous lower rank after a couple of seconds. The buff IS working at rank 4, it is only the display in the crew and target windows that shows a wrong rank.

Something similar is happening with the ring Divinity. Here it sometimes keep on showing rank 3 when I activate it at rank 4. It doesn't matter if it was already activated or not. Also, it seems to happen only when I am inside the minigame with the Kokeshi doll in Zen Gardens.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff