Welcome to Gaia! ::

So both me and my friend are on the same server and the same place. I can see on my map the blue dot that indicates she's there but when i look on the main map, i don't see her avi!!

Please explain? I didn't know if this was considered a bug or not.

Fluffy Cleric

9,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
User Image
Exactly exactly. ~is looking for him~ Please explain, this is annoying.
It's a feature designed to prevent over population of regions. Unless you are in a crew it is very likely that you will not see eachother.

The way it works is each region has a limit on how many people can be in there (for the sake of this discussion lets say it's a limit of 40 people). Once the region is full (has 40 people) a duplicate region (Region.B) is created and people begin going there when they enter the region. Both regions are identical to the last pixel with the exclusion of the actual people in them. In this scenario you are sitting in Region.A while your friend is sitting in Reigon.B because Region.A is too full for them to enter. You can fix this by creating a crew with the recrewt menu with your friend, crews by-pass this limit.

Shy Werewolf

It's not a bug or a glitch. Basically, to keep your computer from having to display 300 avatars when you walk into an area, the world is made up of different "layers", just like a sandwich or something.

Running with the sandwich analogy, your friend is on the "cheese" layer, while you are on the "meat" layer. In order to get on the same layer, you must invite one or the other into your crew (use the "recrewt" button on your map pane. Also make sure that they're "searching" for a crew, also controlled by the "recrewt" pane)

Once you're in the same crew, they're pulled to your layer.

Hardened Husband

20,740 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
^---- Those.

It's called zone instancing, although in this case all zones are instanced and not locked out towards individual groups.

My only issue is that sometimes it is impossible to see others on the Recrewt list, whether they are in a crew already or not. I've had the problem several times with my friends that we weren't able to crew because neither of us could locate the other on the list.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces