Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thankful Deckhand

I want to play it again some more,but I'll have to wait until it's my turn to get in...I'm an 06 user so It'll probably be a while before I can play it again..
I'll subscribe to this now that the option is available here in the forums.
:]

Great Guide.
:]
Bria. I found something interesting.

Trick or Treating. When you get Charge Orbs as a treat, it awards the same number as your Charge Level.

I'm wondering if quest rewards work the same way.

Swashbuckling Kitten

19,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
TheFiendishDevil

Trick or Treating. When you get Charge Orbs as a treat, it awards the same number as your Charge Level.

I'm pretty sure quest rewards have a set amount as the later quests sometimes give you around 20 orbs.

However the chests/crates/baskets give you a random amount based on your CL so if you try to farm the Zen Chests at like CL2 you'll get less than if you had gone at 3, and at 5 they'll stop giving you orbs, and there is one chest in Zen that will stop giving you orbs at CL 4.

Noob

thanks for posting this
This guide was extremely useful during closed beta testing. I hope it really serves everyone else too.

Shy Rogue

Bria_Teragram
TheFiendishDevil

I'm pretty sure quest rewards have a set amount as the later quests sometimes give you around 20 orbs.

However the chests/crates/baskets give you a random amount based on your CL so if you try to farm the Zen Chests at like CL2 you'll get less than if you had gone at 3, and at 5 they'll stop giving you orbs, and there is one chest in Zen that will stop giving you orbs at CL 4.
and after farming so much the chest will sometimes stop rewarding in that area, period (It really pissed me off, I wanted to charge up my divinity some more >.< )

In stead of saying "there is nothing in the chest for you" It will say, "The chest was empty" or "There was nothing in the chest", I forget which

Frozen Friend

21,250 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
xX.Terror.of.Death.Xx
Daxii
xX.Terror.of.Death.Xx
Daxii
*subscribes* The Maestro quest isn't working for me ><;
Did you happen to do Elle's Friends quest first?
Yeah, oh, and Agatha keeps telling me to tell Maestro that Ellie will be drawing him later.

That seems to be a glitch for the two parts

Not sure if that's a known glitch though

i got that glitch a lot last night.

Swashbuckling Kitten

19,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
oathkeeper005
Bria_Teragram
TheFiendishDevil

and after farming so much the chest will sometimes stop rewarding in that area, period (It really pissed me off, I wanted to charge up my divinity some more >.< )

In stead of saying "there is nothing in the chest for you" It will say, "The chest was empty" or "There was nothing in the chest", I forget which
That's weird we never had that problem.... The only time we got that on the one chest was when 3 out of 6 group members were over CL4, after they changed it rewarded again.
oathkeeper005
Bria_Teragram
TheFiendishDevil

Only time it says that is if you are over leveled for that chest. For example the cut off for Zen Garden's crates/chest/boxes is at CL4.0 and over.

I forgot the cut off for Dead Man's Pass, but I'll guess its around CL 3.0ish.

Imagine the chaos it'll bring if theres no cap. You'll have people around Overall CL 10 camping all the chest at Zen Gardens.

A trick you can use is to lower your Overall CL by un-equipping rings or equipping lower level rings so its with acceptable ranges for the chest your planning to open.

Swashbuckling Kitten

19,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
I haven't checked yet, but the Kokeshi chest -should- still give you orbs over CL 4.0 since the Kokeshi Collecitibles are a higher level.

----
FTS, it's Battle
----
The Candy Striper is known to lure little children with its alluring candy shell exterior.
These children are fooled into believing they've found the motherload of candies then
are gobbled up by this vicious carnivorous fish!
HAHAHHAHA! Stupid children...

User Image
Bria_Teragram
I haven't checked yet, but the Kokeshi chest -should- still give you orbs over CL 4.0 since the Kokeshi Collecitibles are a higher level.

----
FTS, it's Battle
----
The Candy Striper is known to lure little children with its alluring candy shell exterior.
These children are fooled into believing they've found the motherload of candies then

User Image

Well if they changed it, I don't know.
I'm just speaking from the from what I remembered at Closed Beta.
But, the idea is you can't go busting up places for orbs being completely overpowered. sweatdrop

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Clambake 200
Do you know where all the chests are in zen gardens? It's still a pretty dangerous place for me so I want to try and avoid wandering round too much. xD
aquaticstone
Do you know where all the chests are in zen gardens? It's still a pretty dangerous place for me so I want to try and avoid wandering round too much. xD

Spoiling you...
User Image

Places marked with the letter "B" are the chests.

EDIT: I guess "K" can be a chest too but out of common courtesy I leave that alone for people who are questing.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Clambake 200
Lord0din69
aquaticstone

Spoiling you...
User Image

Places marked with the letter "B" are the chests.

Wow, nice. Thanks. I was going for the K. >.>;;

Swashbuckling Kitten

19,250 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
The one below the bell is actually really nice. The spawn there aren't as hard.

I think the top two corners are broken, though they may have fixed that with the update.

----
FTS, it's Battle
----

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff