Total Votes:[ 38 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Most of you guys have already encountered them, some of you multiple times: The Night Patrol. Hunting them has become my hobby these days and only a few days ago an interesting idea crossed my mind. Well, interesting to me at least. What if they actually have a leader? The Big Box or Boss Box. Bigger, scarier... DEADLIER! He only comes out if a certain requirement has been met and has a wide array of debuffs, making it impossible to fight him one on one. Maybe he could actually take one of your rings, making it impossible to use it until he dies. And he should roam the entire Bass'ken Lake area so it wouldn't be a wise idea to go AFK when he is out and about, except when you're standing next to the Null Crystal.

His looks
I think of him as an oversized black giftbox, like the one we know from April Fools but he looks slightly different. In my mind he has bat wings, ferocious teeth and a forked tongue. Maybe a tattered red ribbon to top it all off. If you feel inspired to draw this, then I won't stop you because I can't even draw a stick figure xD

His attacks
He should have a wide array of debuffs, like bleeding, slowdown, fear and of course a special move that could screw you over BIG TIME! He should be able to consume/disable the ring you used last or maybe just a random ring if the server can't keep up with that. And of course you can't replace that ring until he has died. Or he could change you into a Flying Giftbox! Since Jack could change us into Pumpkin Fluffs I figured this would also be a nice addition to his moveset. But maybe you guys have other ideas about his crew-crippling moves.

Requirements
Getting this guy to show up won't be easy. I had various things in mind:
  • Killing sufficient Flying Giftboxes (an invisible counter of some sorts that doesn't reset at midnight PST)
  • A repeatable quest that you can do only once a day and it requires you to kill the Night Patrol in order to bring him out
  • Kill the Night Patrol within a certain timeframe
I'm open to more ideas on how to summon him, but he could just be a random KJ spawn instead razz

His name
For now I'd like to call him Big Box or Boss Box but it's only a placeholder. I'd like to see if you guys came come up with something interesting smile

This is what I thought up so far so I'd like to hear what you guys think of it.

And please don't forget to <3 this thread biggrin

User suggestions

Lineks
How about the "BoxFather" resembling the obvious name of the God-Father ;o

EliteDanneh
Big Box of Boxhound?

gataka
Careful with this: could ruin the area for most until people good enough appear to save it and who knows how long that can take.
Or until it leaves but you do not mention any timer/limit.

Akin to old Landshark and maybe Bug breakout.

Izumi Motou
The Bawksfather. I was inspired by Lineks's suggestion :3

-Shiny_Tsukkomi-
We already have Mama/Papa Saw, Mama Fluffs, and She-Wolf.

Therefore, this boss box better be a Grandpa.

Let's go a step further and say he's made of those brown paper packages tied up with strings. xD

I Minerva I
Perhaps this boss would be amazing but maybe if he had his own mini area inside the windmill.....like a small room

Butterfly Prince

Izumi Motou
Most of you guys have already encountered them, some of you multiple times: The Night Patrol. Hunting them has become my hobby these days and only a few days ago an interesting idea crossed my mind. Well, interesting to me at least. What if they actually have a leader? The Big Box or Boss Box. Bigger, scarier... DEADLIER! He only comes out if a certain requirement has been met and has a wide array of debuffs, making it impossible to fight him one on one. Maybe he could actually take one of your rings, making it impossible to use it until he dies. And he should roam the entire Bass'ken Lake area so it wouldn't be a wise idea to go AFK when he is out and about, except when you're standing next to the Null Crystal.

His looks
I think of him as an oversized black giftbox, like the one we know from April Fools but he looks slightly different. In my mind he has bat wings, ferocious teeth and a forked tongue. Maybe a tattered red ribbon to top it all off. If you feel inspired to draw this, then I won't stop you because I can't even draw a stick figure xD

His attacks
He should have a wide array of debuffs, like bleeding, slowdown, fear and of course a special move that could screw you over BIG TIME! He should be able to consume/disable the ring you used last or maybe just a random ring if the server can't keep up with that. And of course you can't replace that ring until he has died. Or he could change you into a Flying Giftbox! Since Jack could change us into Pumpkin Fluffs I figured this would also be a nice addition to his moveset. But maybe you guys have other ideas about his crew-crippling moves.

Requirements
  • Killing sufficient Flying Giftboxes (an invisible counter of some sorts that doesn't reset at midnight PST)
  • A repeatable quest that you can do only once a day and it requires you to kill the Night Patrol in order to bring him out
I'm open to more ideas on how to summon him, but he could just be a random KJ spawn instead razz

His name
For now I'd like to call him Big Box or Boss Box but it's only a placeholder. I'd like to see if you guys came come up with something interesting smile

#

Big Box of Boxhound?

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
EliteDanneh
Izumi Motou

His looks

His attacks

Requirements

His name

#

Big Box of Boxhound?

Take what you can...

Are those two names or one name?

...Give nothing back

Butterfly Prince

Izumi Motou
EliteDanneh
Izumi Motou

His looks

His attacks

Requirements

His name

#

Big Box of Boxhound?

Take what you can...

...Give nothing back

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Boss

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
EliteDanneh
Izumi Motou
EliteDanneh
Izumi Motou

His looks

His attacks

Requirements

His name

#

Big Box of Boxhound?

Take what you can...

...Give nothing back

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Boss

Take what you can...

I'm liking this although it's a bit of a long name sweatdrop .

...Give nothing back

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I like the idea and I have a name changer.

How about the "BoxFather" resembling the obvious name of the God-Father ;o

Familiar Lunatic

Izumi Motou
And he should roam the entire Bass'ken Lake area so it wouldn't be a wise idea to go AFK when he is out and about, except when you're standing next to the Null Crystal.
Careful with this: could ruin the area for most until people good enough appear to save it and who knows how long that can take.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
gataka
Izumi Motou
And he should roam the entire Bass'ken Lake area so it wouldn't be a wise idea to go AFK when he is out and about, except when you're standing next to the Null Crystal.

Take what you can...

You're right about the roaming part. Newbies would avoid the area at all costs but at the same time it also partly solves the whole gold farming problem there xD Oh gosh, I'm so mean at times. But I like your idea though. Definitely gonna add this to my OP.

...Give nothing back

Perfect Pitcher

Let's go a step further and say he's made of those brown paper packages tied up with strings. xD

Butterfly Prince

-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

He wouldn't be one of my favourite things.

Perfect Pitcher

EliteDanneh
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

He'll be one of mine if he drops an Epic Recipe. emotion_c8

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

Take what you can...

Added to the OP :3

...Give nothing back

Butterfly Prince

-Shiny_Tsukkomi-
EliteDanneh
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

Oh snap. Touché.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-
EliteDanneh
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

Take what you can...

Yeah, he should definitely drop epic recipes and maybe even some Alchemy formula components.

...Give nothing back

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I was with you until the whole, destroys your s**t part. I'll never understand gamer masochism. *sigh*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff