Welcome to Gaia! ::

Think about it-- the ' b ' in it could stand for battle, and considering that this is the battle system, it would fit well. And it's original; it's not over-used unlike zOMG, and I'd say that it's unique.

Plus, it kinda sounds like bong or bomb, as in the battle system could be highly addictive or it could be ' the bomb ', as in cool.
zOMG is a perfect name for it Casual MMO=zOMG
Personally, I think that if it was bOMG, less people would like the name. I'm sorry, but zOMG sounds 10 times better than bOMG...

5,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Bolto The Mage
Personally, I think that if it was bOMG, less people would like the name. I'm sorry, but zOMG sounds 10 times better than bOMG...
uhhh... no
zOMG is way cooler.
Bolto The Mage
Better? Yes. 10 times? No. Better by a hair. zOMG is still a horrible name.

Dedicated Poster

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
U all realize your arguing opinions right? No one can win. stare
Nah...bOMG sounds like someone's throat got cut midsentence...

"BOOOOM-AAAAghhhh!"
Sousei Tatsu
Bolto The Mage

People were saying there would be no way they could tell their friends the name and have them actually play it. If it was called bOMG, you would be lucky to still keep your friends when you told them about it, but that's just me.
how about "cute wars"
lol jk blaugh
Bolto The Mage
Sousei Tatsu
Bolto The Mage

People were saying there would be no way they could tell their friends the name and have them actually play it. If it was called bOMG, you would be lucky to still keep your friends when you told them about it, but that's just me.

But zOMG has nothing to do with it, the B in bOMG stands for ' battle ', while the ' oh my gosh! " is like showing that it's exciting. Unless the z in it stands for ' zattle ', I don't see what it has to do with anything.
Aash Al Maleek
Bolto The Mage
Sousei Tatsu
Bolto The Mage

But zOMG has nothing to do with it, the B in bOMG stands for ' battle ', while the ' oh my gosh! " is like showing that it's exciting. Unless the z in it stands for ' zattle ', I don't see what it has to do with anything.

It doesn't have to have a name that relates to it, does it? It relates to Gaia, and the comedic nature of the MMO.

I've never heard the word bOMG, and I really wouldn't see Gaia using that name. I mean, they were originally going to use MMOMG, that didn't relate to the Game at all, but nobody complained or said that they had a better name idea, or that it didn't have anything to do with it.

Not to mention, at the time of the competition all we really knew about is that we were fighting enemies with rings... Can't do too much of a name idea out of that.

Either way, suggesting a name now is pointless cause it's not changing.
Aash Al Maleek
Bolto The Mage
Sousei Tatsu
Bolto The Mage

Well first off, I'm pretty positive Qixter said they didn't want to have the word 'battle' in the title because there will be more to do than simply fighting.

Also, there has been some speculation as to what 'zOMG' exactly means in the mmo, it's pretty likely it doesn't stand for z(Oh my god!) but something along the lines of z(Online Multiplayer Game) (where OMG would be a variation of MMO and could therefore be making light of the genre as a whole). As for what the Z stands for, the best guess I've heard would be that it stands for the word 'zee' ('the' if you don't catch that) so the whole title of the MMO could actually be 'zee Online Multiplayer Game'.

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
Does it have to mean anything?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers