Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Lightbringer

b0nerita
luze
doing unamped BL in general sounds like a real challenge to me that i would yet love to see how it can be done. for the sole reason of saving powerups.

We actually did that months ago lol.
with bats and without bats.
except we totally wiped the first time we attempted it with bats so we did it again another time and didn't wipe.

oh wow, i didn't know smile
watching this would kill my connection right now xD but i see the time markers, almost an hour for batless and nearly 2 for with bats, if that's how long it took, a random crew would probably take double the time x.x lol - or if it was done with all long range attacks only :p
i also don't see sets to view except tank, do you remember them? did you bring more backup heals?
it seems still an interesting option to try to play BL for crews who really don't have powerups. or are there, apart from it being slow, other reasons to not recommend it? (i'm guessing in the beginning the bu would have to hold back quite a bit more than usual)
luze
b0nerita
luze
doing unamped BL in general sounds like a real challenge to me that i would yet love to see how it can be done. for the sole reason of saving powerups.

except we totally wiped the first time we attempted it with bats so we did it again another time and didn't wipe.

watching this would kill my connection right now xD but i see the time markers, almost an hour for batless and nearly 2 for with bats, if that's how long it took, a random crew would probably take double the time x.x lol - or if it was done with all long range attacks only :p
i also don't see sets to view except tank, do you remember them? did you bring more backup heals?
it seems still an interesting option to try to play BL for crews who really don't have powerups. or are there, apart from it being slow, other reasons to not recommend it? (i'm guessing in the beginning the bu would have to hold back quite a bit more than usual)

the ring sets are at the end there is a skip for it at the beginning
more at http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=34584975&u=16868458 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofXg8SkWTZc

Fatcat

luze
b0nerita
luze

Cat's post pretty much answers most of those questions.

Reasons why I wouldn't recommend it other than slowness would be because it takes a lot of planning(for ringsets, suicides, defib order) and most crews can't even assign buffs for YM reg.
The tank has to sit in between Kam's hits in order to have enough stam to heal, and most tanks can't or won't sit between hits.
A lot of tanks are supercharger dependent, so if Kam hits kinda hard they just s/c to heal up but they can't do that with powerless BL, so they have to understand that they'll have to learn how to actually keep themselves alive.
A lot of people are super stubborn with their rings, and if you have anything that you really don't need, it's going to make the crew even slowerrr.

I'd honestly only recommend it for people that want a challenge because it's not worth doing it to save powerups.

Golden Egg

18,715 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
I would like to see this !

Omnipresent Warlord

b0nerita
luze
b0nerita
luze

Cat's post pretty much answers most of those questions.

Reasons why I wouldn't recommend it other than slowness would be because it takes a lot of planning(for ringsets, suicides, defib order) and most crews can't even assign buffs for YM reg.
The tank has to sit in between Kam's hits in order to have enough stam to heal, and most tanks can't or won't sit between hits.
A lot of tanks are supercharger dependent, so if Kam hits kinda hard they just s/c to heal up but they can't do that with powerless BL, so they have to understand that they'll have to learn how to actually keep themselves alive.
A lot of people are super stubborn with their rings, and if you have anything that you really don't need, it's going to make the crew even slowerrr.

I'd honestly only recommend it for people that want a challenge because it's not worth doing it to save powerups.

I don't even remember who I was with when I tried doing that but I remember having knife sharpen in crew and not bringing coy and having more heals split up across 3 ppl and it took longer than yours.

Alien Lightbringer

b0nerita

thank you boner, cat and omni for your input and info on this =)
sit tanking is surely a thing that many tanks would have to practice, and it probably narrows down the number of tanks able to do it due to not everyone having perfectly lag free performance on their computers/internet.
at least there was already a forum thread about sit tanking, putting the idea and use of it out there for everyone.
i'd have to agree that organization is not every random crew leaders strength, but i do keep being reminded in times when people did not know how to beat bloodlust, and then Omni posted a guide about a strategy he and others came up with. this strategy is now outdated BUT at it's time it was pretty much the only known way bloodlust would be being played and that guide, with very specific sets and roles was used like a bible. it required the crew and crew leader to organize after this pattern and people would gladly do so since they didn't know of other ways to play it..
so i wouldn't say the inability to organize is the big problem. maybe its rather a lack of guidance and knowledge.
ccatman

your journal entries on your testings are excellent . i can imagine if they were put in guides on the forum more people might have a go at it. sure you are a pioneer in many things, but with time even what seems hard or daring now becomes part of the possible common ways to dms.
yes, it is good enough that the good and smart players find their way to your journal without a public forum entry, so those players can carry on the knowledge and spread it.
but there are different circles of people and not every crew/player gets in touch with those in the know.

*is becoming pushy and shuts up xD* i would love to see those guides for everyone wink *nudge*

Fatcat

luze
b0nerita

thank you boner, cat and omni for your input and info on this =)
sit tanking is surely a thing that many tanks would have to practice, and it probably narrows down the number of tanks able to do it due to not everyone having perfectly lag free performance on their computers/internet.
at least there was already a forum thread about sit tanking, putting the idea and use of it out there for everyone.
i'd have to agree that organization is not every random crew leaders strength, but i do keep being reminded in times when people did not know how to beat bloodlust, and then Omni posted a guide about a strategy he and others came up with. this strategy is now outdated BUT at it's time it was pretty much the only known way bloodlust would be being played and that guide, with very specific sets and roles was used like a bible. it required the crew and crew leader to organize after this pattern and people would gladly do so since they didn't know of other ways to play it..
so i wouldn't say the inability to organize is the big problem. maybe its rather a lack of guidance and knowledge.
ccatman

your journal entries on your testings are excellent . i can imagine if they were put in guides on the forum more people might have a go at it. sure you are a pioneer in many things, but with time even what seems hard or daring now becomes part of the possible common ways to dms.
yes, it is good enough that the good and smart players find their way to your journal without a public forum entry, so those players can carry on the knowledge and spread it.
but there are different circles of people and not every crew/player gets in touch with those in the know.

*is becoming pushy and shuts up xD* i would love to see those guides for everyone wink *nudge*

We're actually working on a new updated guide (for when zOMG is put back up) that'll have the general information and how to's for dms on the first page and the second page will be all advanced strats we do that you see in his journal.
I'm not sure if we're adding ampless to it or not though.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It's possible. I've done this in the past (with amps, though), perhaps I can grab a few friends to re-confirm this without the use of amps.

Omnipresent Warlord

Miyaka Hana
It's possible. I've done this in the past (with amps, though), perhaps I can grab a few friends to re-confirm this without the use of amps.

If that's so then you could also try using only AoEs.

Slash, Dervish, HWB, Fire Rain, Hornets.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Omnileech
Miyaka Hana

If that's so then you could also try using only AoEs.

Slash, Dervish, HWB, Fire Rain, Hornets.

That was actually my personal set lol. I decided to bring the aoes and everyone else brought a mix of both. I think I used hf instead of hwb tho.
I couldn't bring myself to use an annoyingly slow dps set in DMS. I've joined "troll" runs in YM / GR and it just kills me on the inside to have bad dps.
cry

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff