Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why it so expensive mad

Wheezing Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Love Machine 150
Bc it's used to get to a higher level? o3o and not everyone has it so everyone needs it?

Anxious Cat

17,125 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
I guess DMS is in high demand now lol

Fatcat

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
Because gaia wants us to waste more money on stupid things we don't need for them to make a profit.

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Toxxic Poptarts
Because gaia wants us to waste more money on stupid things we don't need for them to make a profit.
You need to take a look at things before you say something like that and if you dont like that people who work for gaia have to get paid the doors open you can leave. 4laugh

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Reverse in Falling
Why it so expensive mad
cus it cost 749 GC and people want to get there moneys worth ? that would be 600k- 800k + ? 4laugh

Fatcat

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
pandexX
Toxxic Poptarts
You need to take a look at things before you say something like that and if you dont like that people who work for gaia have to get paid the doors open you can leave. 4laugh

I have taken a look at things, and Gaia's popularity has decreased since they introduced the cash system. They need to stop starting new projects. Instead, they could expand on the ones they already have on here like zOMG. The cash system is the most ludicrous thing about this site. All the decent items can only be bought through Gaia cash, which makes it exclusive to people who have money to waste the damned stuff. Or they can buy it on the marketplace with gold for ridiculously high prices. They only thing gaia cash helped with was the massive gold inflation we were seeing for a while(Even though gaia cash was a contributing factor to the inflation), but it just made the prices on most everything increase. I'm sorry I don't feel like going out and wasting my money on a gaia cash card when I have other priorities. I would understand if the bloodstone gem was reasonably priced that way reaching the next level cap wasn't too easy, but the price it is at now is just crazy. Gaia already makes enough money as it is, I'm sure they can spare a few dollars off their annual profit.

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Toxxic Poptarts
pandexX
Toxxic Poptarts

I have taken a look at things, and Gaia's popularity has decreased since they introduced the cash system. They need to stop starting new projects. Instead, they could expand on the ones they already have on here like zOMG. The cash system is the most ludicrous thing about this site. All the decent items can only be bought through Gaia cash, which makes it exclusive to people who have money to waste the damned stuff. Or they can buy it on the marketplace with gold for ridiculously high prices. They only thing gaia cash helped with was the massive gold inflation we were seeing for a while(Even though gaia cash was a contributing factor to the inflation), but it just made the prices on most everything increase. I'm sorry I don't feel like going out and wasting my money on a gaia cash card when I have other priorities. I would understand if the bloodstone gem was reasonably priced that way reaching the next level cap wasn't too easy, but the price it is at now is just crazy. Gaia already makes enough money as it is, I'm sure they can spare a few dollars off their annual profit.
Well said thank you i like it very respectable well if you need help getting a gem let me know. and yes it is sad how gaia could make zOMG! betterbut they do not. 4laugh

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I got my amulet and all my powerups for DMS by doing this. 3nodding

Gambino Gaian

Am watching videos daily to get that gem. At this rate it will only be... another week and a half before the goal is reached.
Unless I end up buying something else. Again. *easily distracted by shiny*

Perfect Saint

Toxxic Poptarts
pandexX
Toxxic Poptarts

I doubt you've actually looked at the situation all that closely. Your statements are filled with misconceptions about many things.

Bottom line: zOMG was meant to generate income for Gaia for they have spent millions on its development, so definitely, this involves far more than a few dollars. It failed and had been in danger of being abandoned as far back as 2010. The developers and the users banded together to figure out how to monetize the game to improve the return of investment status of zOMG leading to cash shop based items like the summons, more power ups, Buccaneer's Boardwalk ticket, and now the DMS amulets and gems. You're seeing the end results of the planning and cooperation, but unfortunately, the game still couldn't bring in the money. It was recently shelved and placed on maintenance mode indefinitely. However, the items still require real money to purchase, perhaps hopefully, still generate more income for the site. It is still using up servers and utilities among other resources.

Gaia Cash isn't really a contributing factor to inflation since it doesn't really create new gold that floods the economy. However, zOMG WAS a big factor since it was creating vast amounts of gold easily just like Booty Grab. This led to adjustments to payout in the form of nerfs and caps.

If you wish to study the situation, you can check these links out.
zOMG is in Maintenance Mode
Current Situation with zOMG
Gold Adjustment Sticky
Pans Journal Other entry (has the information that explains the issues around the Cash Shop, zOMG, Booty Grab)

If you still don't agree with the above, it matters little anyway. This is the way of things at this time. It's up to you to find your own justification to indulge in this game. If not, no biggie.
Owlie

tunks im still kinda confused though

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Reverse in Falling
Owlie

What are you confused about?

Watch a bunch of videos for gcash at once with your speakers off. xd
Owlie
Reverse in Falling
Owlie

that's all ? andi made like 10 gc ;c

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Reverse in Falling
Owlie
Reverse in Falling
Owlie

that's all ? andi made like 10 gc ;c

Click on all the different providers on the left too, many of them have videos.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff