Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alrighty. I saw the battle system message on the main page and came to the forum to have a little look. Well, it looked /decent/ seeing the images so I figured, cool it's all /finaly/ coming about after how many years of talking about the system?

I figure, yeah....we're not going to be paying for it and all so who cares about the looks. It looks decent enough then WHAM.

We're using Rings for weapons. I wouldn't be so upset about this if it wasn't for the fact that Gaia PROMISED a weapon shop for this and all. On top of this they SHOWED A VIDEO of an avatar using his super cool weapon in battle.

Why the let down? Why would you take and promise this kind of stuff only to turn around and say no about it? The ball's been dropped and honestly, though I could really care less about it anymore, I hope it gets picked back up for those people who do.
User ImageThe jester...

So, couldn't it be that the person in the video used a ring's power to summon a weapon? confused
Seriously, the game is far from done, they have only said that the current MC weapons WON'T have an effect on the game, they have said NOTHING about trashing the weapon shop idea, or using some sort of weapon on the game.

Just freaking wait for updates.
... is here.User Image
Where did they say there'd be no weapons? They said rings would be used for skills, and they said that you wouldn't use the same weapons that you can currently equip to your avi... that doesn't mean that there won't be weapons within the game, though. Let's wait and see before getting all upset about it.
I'm going to have to agree with the OP on this one. I remember that video too and it's what made me donate to get some of the older weapons. I assumed there would be the general weapon shop and the donation weapons (which would only have a slight advantage because hell, you paid actual money to support the site). While I won't judge the system itself till I actually play it, I too am very disappointed that our weapons now will have absolutely no effect in the battle system.

1,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Orpheus
User ImageThe jester...

So, couldn't it be that the person in the video used a ring's power to summon a weapon? confused
Seriously, the game is far from done, they have only said that the current MC weapons WON'T have an effect on the game, they have said NOTHING about trashing the weapon shop idea, or using some sort of weapon on the game.

Just freaking wait for updates.
... is here.User Image
3nodding

Destitute Hunter

10,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
I dont get why everyone bitches how they cant use their MC items or that MC items should be stronger.
Cause some of us just worked our asses off and bought it with gaia gold *see me for example. 3 MC items, all bought with gaia cash. Ownt*

though personally I can see an NPC thats all evil & such looking like me xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces