Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will the MMORPG have a high-score ranking like fishing? Like, most monsters killed in a month and most Ring Fu Accumulated, or something similar.
i think they will have something like that but not right off the start
shadowofphate
i think they will have something like that but not right off the start

Well, duh. I'm pretty sure that there has to be at LEAST a month before the MONTHLY high scores are posted...
I give it at least two or three months after the battle system is out before they start keeping score. They'd probably want to work out all the bugs (or at least most of them) before they start awarding prizes and trophies.

Could you imagine if somebody won the trophy because of a glitch?
Hearts Pebbles
I give it at least two or three months after the battle system is out before they start keeping score. They'd probably want to work out all the bugs (or at least most of them) before they start awarding prizes and trophies.

Could you imagine if somebody won the trophy because of a glitch?
Pfft, yeah. Total hell would break lose... Just as any other gaia game...
Hell breaks loose on a daily basis, don'tcha know?

Its just that when big things like that happen, ALL hell breaks loose, and then the poor devs have to chain themselves to desks so they can capture all the evil bug demons and kill them. Kill them with fire and coding.
Hearts Pebbles

Its just that when big things like that happen, ALL hell breaks loose, and then the poor devs have to chain themselves to desks so they can capture all the evil bug demons and kill them. Kill them with fire and coding.
Sounds like the latest Matrix movie.
I never really got into the whole Matrix shinzznit dealie.

But yea, I think think they will have ranks, as they have them for fishing, but not right away. Probably a few months afterward.
Hearts Pebbles
I never really got into the whole Matrix shinzznit dealie.

But yea, I think think they will have ranks, as they have them for fishing, but not right away. Probably a few months afterward.

They probably will... Well, I'd be more comfortable if anyone, like Qix-sama would comment >.>

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Hearts Pebbles

Seeing the GCD, I'd say... yes, yes it does.

I'm sure there will be a scorekeeping thing (eventually), mentioning who's at the highest Ring Fu that month.

Dunno if we'd get anything special for it, but it'd still be really cool to see our names up there. It'd be a matter of pride.

I'd just love to be able to show my Ring Fu off in the forums, most likely in sig form.
I may be miserable without my powers...

I would imagine so. It'd be a good way for players to compete with each other...without actually fighting each other.

...but I'm also a miracle to those who need me.
Oh, man, yep, I can see that now. They introduce a scoring system, a few industrious Gaians get working hard and get ahead of the crowd... and then some overexuberant newbie decides to report somebody for botting. And another hardworking Gaian's career is toast.

Yep. Can't wait for this feature.

(Okay, seriously, I have nothing against a scoring feature. Nothing at all. However, there really need to be safeguards in place to protect top scorers.)
Generally though, you can tell when somebody is a bot, so I don't think an overexcited newbie is going to report something, and "ruin" another Gaian's life. Hell, I've never heard of that happening on fishing, and bots run rampant there.
yeah they will, but i agree they wont have it out till most of the bugs are fixed in the game first
i think it'll be good

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces