Welcome to Gaia! ::

NOW BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING, READ THIS PART.
I know about 99% of you are gawking at me asking how this battle feature could possibly be bad? Think about it. What does practically every level/experience based MMO game have in common?

Immature people who mock/humiliate others because they arn't so and so level.

Does the term "noob" ring any bells?
Its used everywhere. Be it runescape, maplestory, ragnarok, or whatever.
Throughout the year or so that I have been registered in Gaia, not once, ever, have I been called a noob or insulted for being poor. (heck, there used to be a 'help out the newly registered' section right below the homepage!...which they took out, I believe...)
In maplestory, I could walk into a populated area and almost always catch a group yelling and threatening each other that they would whip out their high and mighty character and "Pwn" them. I personally have always hated those senseless and idiotic insults, and rejoiced when I found a place that didn't insult each other about pixelated numbers.
Now that the battle feature is coming out, how long will it be before gaia turns into any other game with obsessed players?
Perhaps gaia could be different.. runescape is consisted of 8-12ish kids, so naturally they wouldn't know much about maturity. Maplestory is a wider range of around 9-14, sometimes past 16 or 18, making some more knowledgeable. Gaia, on the other hand, has many teen and late teen users, meaning (hopefully) we might be much better.(hey, if we have an extended discussion forum, we have to be somewhat educated to understand the big words they throw out, right?)

Don't take this post the wrong way though, I've always dreamed of a way to utilize the awsome items in gaia and to hunt with friends, but could this little thing distort the beautiful gaia that I saw since day 1?
alienfreeksm
NOW BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING, READ THIS PART.
I know about 99% of you are gawking at me asking how this battle feature could possibly be bad? Think about it. What does practically every level/experience based MMO game have in common?

Immature people who mock/humiliate others because they arn't so and so level.

Does the term "noob" ring any bells?
Its used everywhere. Be it runescape, maplestory, ragnarok, or whatever.
Throughout the year or so that I have been registered in Gaia, not once, ever, have I been called a noob or insulted for being poor. (heck, there used to be a 'help out the newly registered' section right below the homepage!...which they took out, I believe...)
In maplestory, I could walk into a populated area and almost always catch a group yelling and threatening each other that they would whip out their high and mighty character and "Pwn" them. I personally have always hated those senseless and idiotic insults, and rejoiced when I found a place that didn't insult each other about pixelated numbers.
Now that the battle feature is coming out, how long will it be before gaia turns into any other game with obsessed players?
Perhaps gaia could be different.. runescape is consisted of 8-12ish kids, so naturally they wouldn't know much about maturity. Maplestory is a wider range of around 9-14, sometimes past 16 or 18, making some more knowledgeable. Gaia, on the other hand, has many teen and late teen users, meaning (hopefully) we might be much better.(hey, if we have an extended discussion forum, we have to be somewhat educated to understand the big words they throw out, right?)

Don't take this post the wrong way though, I've always dreamed of a way to utilize the awsome items in gaia and to hunt with friends, but could this little thing distort the beautiful gaia that I saw since day 1?

If you cant stand the word noob
your just not made voor MMO's

seriously i played runescape too, in the beginning your all on you own but the tutorials help you.
later on youll get higher and more people starting to like you and you'll be helped by them.

and then still some lvl 100s say that your a noob... DOES IT MATTER?
NO!

as long as you have fun and make fun with people of your own lvl it doesnt matter...
LESS QQ MORE PEW PEW

Seriously, every MMO has those people. Don't like it, then don't play the MMO, and complain on the forums about it, imo.
Harsh but true
just ignore any1 who calls u stuff like that (though i'd plot to kill them-but thats just me smile )

if ur REALLY against "noobism"-then just dont play....
Given the fact that experienced players will be indistinguishable from newbs due to lack of character levels and visible armor/weapons, I don't see it posing much of a problem.

Think about it. On Runescape you can tell someone's new by the clothes they're wearing. Not so for Gaia Battle, since clothing has nothing to do with power.

Hunter

You're talking like Gaia doesn't already have users who think their more elite than others based off of their avatar's appearance, items, and what not.

Doting Darling

Indeed. For good or ill; all Gaians are equal, but some Gaians are more equal than others.

If someone is clearly of lesser power than you, and you mock them for it, you have stamped your forehead with a big, red 'a*****e' in block letters for all the world to see. So, honestly, I feel it's self-correcting.
i hope so that th battle game is a good game biggrin biggrin biggrin

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Interstellar Fixer

4,650 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
if your that upset about the term "Noob" why dont you make a word up for players who call people noobs
sife47
if your that upset about the term "Noob" why dont you make a word up for players who call people noobs

Btw for all you that think I cant stand being called "noob" I couldn't care less what they call me (cusses included). What I'm getting at (i dont think I made it very clear...) is that the game infuses into their minds so much, they feel like a group of (well assembled, at that) pixels makes them so much better than the world. Of course there ARE some on gaia already like that, but if you walk around, you would most likely see that there are much less of these people.
As much as I would like to call players who call people noobs some name, who would bother following my lead?
domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun
um, i think the battle mmo is a good thing. i mean, if you or anyone else don't like it... well they're not force to play it. don't like it? then don't play it. simple as that. it ain't rocket science. =/

and anyway, almost every mmorpg has its own problems... i hardly doubt there is a perfect mmorpg out there, if there is one, think i be taking my time replying to this thread? i'll be playing it 24/7 XD

250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I Feel It Very "Cool" whee
I like it xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items