Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

Sometimes, you actually want to go back to the Null. Walking back there is often long and boring so you do the next best thing: charge into a pack of Animated. Suppressed as a CL1.0 if you're particularly hasty. I personally perform this ritual quite often and came to the perfectly logical conclusion of "Lets make a "feature" out of this".
We can't quite die, so it's not quite a "suicide" >.>

Simple, hidden in the bottom right Menu is a convenient "Back to Null" function. Upon its activation, a quick animation plays out, you are Dazed, and automatically sent back to the Null. No opportunity for a Defib/Revive, and no clicking of an "Undaze" button. Short. Fast. And silly.

Here's the fun part: the animation, meant to "justify" your sudden dazing, is randomly chosen amidst a series of area themed animations. This is meant to strengthen the character/individuality/identity of each area a little further. And make it more interesting.

Examples:
Gold Beach:

-Sunday Seabird Special: right on the head. At least you weren't looking up.
-A beach ball knocks you out. You should eat more of... everything , really.
-Landshark. nuff'. He enjoys sacrifices.
Otami Aqueduc:
-Small nuke from orbit blows you to smithereens.
-A KillSat laser pinpoints your location. Hilarity ensues.
-A satellite crashes right unto you. Or a comet. I'm not picky.
Bill's Ranch:
-You are abducted by unknown aliens. Probing will shortly follow.
-A bull out O'nowhere charges you. Only works if you happen to be wearing some amount of red.
-A formerly abducted cow falls on your head. Wear Tinfoil for protection.
Otami could get various form of elaborate traps, be it the simple pit or classic rolling boulder.
DMP would feature rockslides, lightning, unexplained rift to a hellish place.
You get the point. This but a few of the many possibilities. Most would likely end up being variations on something falling on your head, thought. And I would expect cartoon classics (anvil, piano) to eventually be included where appropriate. If you have any of your own, share! ^^
~~~

MAJOR waste of our beloved Dev precious time and various resources? Undeniable.
The kind of humor I would expect from Gaia and, by extension, zOMG? Indeed.
Won't quite fit within the Story? Effectively. I'm sure they could twist it in. Not that they need to.
As close to pointless as you can be? Not at all. Fun is serious business.
I should of have had written down all the other questions I knew would pop-up but can't quite recall now which is sad for my plan was to make it all really funny? Yep.
~~~

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? While a serious suggestion, it is more for fun than anything. This place needs to sheer up a bit. 'cause sheer is more entertaining than repeated questions.
I truthfully would be very happy to see it happen, thought. >.>
We talked about this idea in Skype chat some months ago. I think this is a great feature that can be converted to a PowerUp! whee

Maybe there can even be two versions: free and a pay PowerUp version. The free version would insta-daze you like you described. You'd be back in the Null but have to wait 120 seconds for all rings to unlock and for your health to regenerate. The pay version would just take you to the Null without dazing you at all. Either way, win-win, especially if you can avoid a loading screen or two!
I can just imagine a guild/clan all dressing up and preparing a sacrifice to the LandShark god. xd

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
That would actually be super amazing!

I Hate having to walk back to null.
Especially on gold beach.
It's so damned inconvenient

A feature like this would be a real godsend.

Romantic Gaian

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Popular Thread 100
good idea!
Fun thought, buuut, as you mentioned yourself, a major waste of the devs resources~

If they do have silly stuff like that, I wouldn't mind... but as usual, I'll take bug fixes first (and thus more possibility of playable content) over a silly-but-fun suicide option~ :3
Adding just a daze/teleport functionality minus all the special effects described above should be a pretty straight-forward change. Of course, with the reduced resources and many other priorities it may be a while before this addition can be considered.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
Nice idea, Gataka. I like it.
They should make Landshark show up in VG for the suicide. That'd scare so many new players. And I do mean Landshark in VG. VG'ers aren't intimidated by Lawnsharks or Airsharks any more.

Fashionable Girl

32,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
I love this idea. It would also make doing the daily zOMG freebie run that much quicker.

Familiar Lunatic

@Lobotryas: Great minds eat small things. >.>
Power-Up: paying for saving some time is exactly what Power-Ups were intended for, so. Yeah. There may be the odd issue of someone using the Power-Up when he knows he won't survive and thus avoid the death penalty. There must be a way to avoid this. Possibly could not be used while engaged in battle, as in not using any rings nor being attacked by anything maybe? I'm not sure if they can do that. If they find a proper way to solve this, I can totally see such a P-Up. Anyway, the free version would just be a convenient short-cut: people can usually Daze themselves without much trouble.

@Shiori Miko: Yeah! I even had the odd thought of Landshark going on a rampage whenever he doesn't get his daily/hourly dose of sacrifices. He also lashes out when he receives many sacrifices. Otherwise he will only come out during the less active hours. >.>

@Teh Savior: You do realise you're going to be Dazed, unless the aforementioned Power-Up happens?

@AKlawyerboy:^^

@Fr33d0m4ever: Ayup. It only happen if the Devs are bored and have too much free time. And this won't happen anytime soon. I wish I could do it. >.>

@Sayrtobol: the most likely option, albeit truly boring... xP

@tangocat777: Not sure it works story-wise. Otherwise, the "Holy what the?" are worth it. They likely won't be aware of the feature. : D

@Wizzardess: Aye. Less time marching, more time having fun!
What a great idea....seriously walking to the null is a pain in the rear!
gataka
Power-Up: paying for saving some time is exactly what Power-Ups were intended for, so. Yeah. There may be the odd issue of someone using the Power-Up when he knows he won't survive and thus avoid the death penalty. There must be a way to avoid this. Possibly could not be used while engaged in battle, as in not using any rings nor being attacked by anything maybe? I'm not sure if they can do that. If they find a proper way to solve this, I can totally see such a P-Up.

I have nothing against someone using a "Warp To Null" powerup to escape getting dazed. This person will still have to walk back to wherever they were fighting and (if the situation was dire enough) still have to heal and regenerate. The only thing they are really avoiding is a 120 second ring lock-out (that can be reduced with Revive powerups) and whatever stigma that comes with getting animated-owned these days lol

You are right, people can get dazed handily on their own. The "free" Null Chamber teleport may be a superfluous idea, but in theory it does save you the trouble of suppressing and finding a monster to nom you. Devs' call though whee
This made me love you. I would waste so much time doing this for the fun of it. xd

Familiar Lunatic

Lobotryas
I have nothing against someone using a "Warp To Null" powerup to escape getting dazed. This person will still have to walk back to wherever they were fighting and (if the situation was dire enough) still have to heal and regenerate. The only thing they are really avoiding is a 120 second ring lock-out (that can be reduced with Revive powerups) and whatever stigma that comes with getting animated-owned these days lol

You are right, people can get dazed handily on their own. The "free" Null Chamber teleport may be a superfluous idea, but in theory it does save you the trouble of suppressing and finding a monster to nom you. Devs' call though whee

I to personally don't really mind people going back to the Null instead of facing dazing. Feels real cheap, thought, and I expect it would raise some action in the Forum (this... I also wouldn't mind.) But, at worse, it could only benefit me if a member of the crew I'm in used it. Less time waitin' more time playin'. Can't really say no to that. Otherwise, I can’t see how it could hurt the game. But, effectively, if done right, it does slightly reduce the value of Revives. This would need to be factored in. Mmm...

@HotRed_Streak: you didn't before? DDDDD:
People are willingly jumping into a fire just to read "Fire Bad!". We're on Gaia, after all.
But it would likely quickly lose it's novelty, thought.
Haha, k, i love you more. wink

Srsly? /is easily amused

I never get tired of those things... *cough* I know; I'm like a three-year old with keys. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff