OH NOEZ! 0.35483870967742 35.5% [ 11 ]
OH YA! 0.64516129032258 64.5% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
gentiger:yeah, inconcievable for now, but in the future who knows, especially since their capasity doubles every couple years,

Redimus:don't you remember the fact that some machines build others, whats more cost effective, having intellegent machines making cars and computers being maintained by one person or what is going on today...I think option one is going to happen eventually, do people drive cars of when they first came out? nope, so do you think Alice will be used forever? you do know there probily will be a military use for true ai's one day right?
Bronze L
gentiger:yeah, inconcievable for now, but in the future who knows, especially since their capasity doubles every couple years,

Redimus:don't you remember the fact that some machines build others, whats more cost effective, having intellegent machines making cars and computers being maintained by one person or what is going on today...I think option one is going to happen eventually, do people drive cars of when they first came out? nope, so do you think Alice will be used forever? you do know there probily will be a military use for true ai's one day right?

You asserted that human like AIs were where the danger lied. That means human servicers.

Anything else would require programming far less sophisticated then Alice.
Bronze L

Quit watching the Matrix. The Earth does not have infinite resources to fill into AI robots.

And, to add to a simple fact that you don't seem to grasp: THE AI WOULD BE A PROGRAM. NOT A DEATH MACHINE.

Redimus also stated that an AI would recognize that a fight against a race that is always desperate to survive and has a large surplus of deadly resources would be foolish, and as such, the AI wouldn't choose to go that route. AIs are not affected by emotions, feelings, impulses, or organic processes that would otherwise hamper their judgement. The only thing that could possibly go wrong is a glitch, which can be troubleshooted by another AI. But, if the glitch couldn't be troubleshooted, we'd have

User Image

This.

Just kidding. AI should be able to recognize any glitch in their system and troubleshoot it.

Can you honestly look at some kind of tiny dragon whelpling on a screen and determine that it's a threat to humanity that couldn't possibly be neutralized?

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Redimus
Bronze L

You asserted that human like AIs were where the danger lied. That means human servicers.

*sighs*so narrow sighted, don't you relize ai's might start out in a small area but eventually they could be prefered over human cab drivers? Eventually they will have access to areas that would be dangerious if they turned against us but not care cause we think they are harmless, those like me always consider the worst case senario, and that was near medium, worst would be close to what happened in the terminator series, true ai's in sole charge over weapons of mass destruction most likely cause it would take human nerves out of the question
but since AI learn, doesn't it means that "low lvl" players get strong slower since the players before kind of gave a lesson and then it make it even harder for the new comming. so if that continu, the older players get strong faster than new players. ... strong go even stronger, weak go even weaker

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
[Raid]
Bronze L

Quit watching the Matrix. The Earth does not have infinite resources to fill into AI robots.

And, to add to a simple fact that you don't seem to grasp: THE AI WOULD BE A PROGRAM. NOT A DEATH MACHINE.

Redimus also stated that an AI would recognize that a fight against a race that is always desperate to survive and has a large surplus of deadly resources would be foolish, and as such, the AI wouldn't choose to go that route. AIs are not affected by emotions, feelings, impulses, or organic processes that would otherwise hamper their judgement. The only thing that could possibly go wrong is a glitch, which can be troubleshooted by another AI. But, if the glitch couldn't be troubleshooted, we'd have

User Image

This.

Just kidding. AI should be able to recognize any glitch in their system and troubleshoot it.

Can you honestly look at some kind of tiny dragon whelpling on a screen and determine that it's a threat to humanity that couldn't possibly be neutralized?
just worried that such things could appear one day, I would prefer to stop them from ever comming out period
Bronze L
Redimus
Bronze L

*sighs*so narrow sighted, don't you relize ai's might start out in a small area but eventually they could be prefered over human cab drivers? Eventually they will have access to areas that would be dangerious if they turned against us but not care cause we think they are harmless, those like me always consider the worst case senario, and that was near medium, worst would be close to what happened in the terminator series, true ai's in sole charge over weapons of mass destruction most likely cause it would take human nerves out of the question

The programming to ask where some one wants to go, and then follow a route mapped out through GPS does not require artificial intelligence on any level.
KrazyJoe
but since AI learn, doesn't it means that "low lvl" players get strong slower since the players before kind of gave a lesson and then it make it even harder for the new comming. so if that continu, the older players get strong faster than new players. ... strong go even stronger, weak go even weaker

Quote:
but if the higher level players get better equipment wont that mean they can get even stronger faster? So if new comers have shitty equipment but the older players have great equipment then the strong will get stronger... and the weak will get weaker.

rolleyes
Bronze L
just worried that such things could appear one day, I would prefer to stop them from ever comming out period

I'm worried that learning how to cure diseases will one day breed a super virus that will kill every ******** thing.

We should stop researching AIDS and Cancer cures to prevent this. dramallama (Cue Benny Hill music.)

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Redimus
Bronze L
Redimus
Bronze L

The programming to ask where some one wants to go, and then follow a route mapped out through GPS does not require artificial intelligence on any level.
*laughs*does someone grab a gun one day out of the blue and attack? no, most effective wars are planned out years, or even decades ahead, and ai's can just wait till most of the tech of that time updates its programing or something and boom, upgrade to their way of thinking yet they still wait till a signal is emited to turn on us...there is virtually no way to stop them today if they get loose let alone in the future UNLESS we make sure no such technology gets beyond pre-programed responses, people might think its our salvation, I am sure its our doom
Bronze L
Redimus
Bronze L
Redimus
Bronze L

*laughs*does someone grab a gun one day out of the blue and attack? no, most effective wars are planned out years, or even decades ahead, and ai's can just wait till most of the tech of that time updates its programing or something and boom, upgrade to their way of thinking yet they still wait till a signal is emited to turn on us...there is virtually no way to stop them today if they get loose let alone in the future UNLESS we make sure no such technology gets beyond pre-programed responses, people might think its our salvation, I am sure its our doom

Why have I continued to respond to your baseless, ignorant paranoia? You annoy me child. This will be the last I bother with your silly game.

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Redimus
Bronze L

I'm worried that learning how to cure diseases will one day breed a super virus that will kill every ******** thing.

We should stop researching AIDS and Cancer cures to prevent this. dramallama (Cue Benny Hill music.)
combine the two types of white blood cells to cure aids*sighs*everything has an answer, but I would prefer to stop an obvious issue the best we can until what I call an emb (electro magnetic beam) can be used as effectively as a sniper rifle against ai's as a sniper bullet is to humans

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Redimus
Bronze L
Redimus
Bronze L
Redimus
Bronze L

Why have I continued to respond to your baseless, ignorant paranoia? You annoy me child. This will be the last I bother with your silly game.
tell me do you get excited each time you see a new piece of hardware or software, I enjoy working on very complex problems, and even though you don't see it there is a major problem with giving machines the ability to think

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff