Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Noob

Ok so this is just a little rant because in game I've got the patience of a saint and don't like being confrontational. emotion_8c

Once upon a time my biggest pet peeve was 20 people all standing outside the gate with everyone trying to find a crew and no one starting one.

Then I discovered a very special, magical thing. The "invite" button, and my zOMG! world was a wonderful place again.

Not for long, for soon there was the problem of "would any of the higher CL people please heal/aggro?" and the response always being "no i cant idk how" "if i do everyone will die" etc.

But that too was quickly fixed. Only taking a couple ring CL swaps and some practice and learning how to heal/aggro. (at least well enough to not have everyone dying in yellow rooms) All was right with the world again.

But then... the most annoying things ever.

Long range rings.
I'm not super picky with the rings my crewmates bring outside of the assigned buffs. You feel more comfortable bringing defib? That's cool. You want Hack/Solar Rays/Shuriken/Hot Foot over Hack/Mantis? I can live with that.

Huh? You want to bring a combo Solar/Hot Foot/Shuriken/Guns Guns Guns/Hunter Bow only as your attack ring set? And proceed to fight from far away, aggro more monsters than necessary, and take a lot of damage that can't be healed by the awesome AoE healing from Wish with everyone else? emotion_facepalm

Then a new one that I hadn't given much thought to reared it's ugly head: Slash.
I had always assumed Slash was harmless. Until the fateful day we were mobbed by a few wolves, the Duct Tapers going at it only to rage as they found out something kept doing damage and breaking the tape. That horrid thing that nearly killed everyone being Slash.

Lastly - if you see 2 vampires attacking and me standing far away, it's not because I'm trying to run and stand in a safe spot, it's so the vampires attack only me and no one else. So when you run out of stamina, please do not come and sit next to me while the vampires are still alive and attacking.

Tl;dr -

Ok so this is just a little rant because in game I've got the patience of a saint and don't like being confrontational. emotion_8c

Once upon a time my biggest pet peeve was 20 people all standing outside the gate with everyone trying to find a crew and no one starting one.

Then I discovered a very special, magical thing. The "invite" button, and my zOMG! world was a wonderful place again.

Not for long, for soon there was the problem of "would any of the higher CL people please heal/aggro?" and the response always being "no i cant idk how" "if i do everyone will die" etc.

But that too was quickly fixed. Only taking a couple ring CL swaps and some practice and learning how to heal/aggro. (at least well enough to not have everyone dying in yellow rooms) All was right with the world again.

But then... the most annoying things ever.

Long range rings.
I'm not super picky with the rings my crewmates bring outside of the assigned buffs. You feel more comfortable bringing defib? That's cool. You want Hack/Solar Rays over Hack/Mantis? I can live with that.
Huh? You want to bring a combo solar/hot foot/shuriken/guns guns guns/hunter bow only as your attack ring set? And proceed to fight from far away, aggro more monsters than necessary, and take a lot of damage that can't be healed by the awesome AoE healing from Wish with everyone else? emotion_facepalm

Then a new one that I hadn't given much thought to reared it's ugly head: Slash.
I had always assumed Slash was harmless. Until the fateful day we were mobbed by a few wolves, the Duct Tapers going at it only to rage as they found out something kept doing damage and breaking the tape. That horrid thing that nearly killed everyone being Slash.

Lastly - if you see 2 vampires attacking and me standing far away, it's not because I'm trying to run and stand in a safe spot, it's so the vampires attack only me and no one else. So when you run out of stamina, please do not come and sit next to me while the vampires are still alive and attacking.

Ruthless Genius

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
7 attacks and diagnose... seriously, whatever happened to players with backbones?

talk2hand

Shy Noob

Lux Fortuna
7 attacks and diagnose... seriously, whatever happened to players with backbones?

talk2hand

I'm just a newby though. Someday...
emo
Grunny wonder if Lad meant to copy everything he said and put it in miniature under tl;dr? Grunny sees joke in that, of course, but is wondering if Lad meant to troll lazy gaians who not feel like reading everything.

Also, thanks for heads-up warning on what Grunny can expect when he get Bloodstone and can finally enter Shadow. Obviously, Gaian lack of self preservation alive and well in Deadman's Shadow.

Shy Noob

VS Anonymous Benefactor
Grunny wonder if Lad meant to copy everything he said and put it in miniature under tl;dr? Grunny sees joke in that, of course, but is wondering if Lad meant to troll lazy gaians who not feel like reading everything.

Also, thanks for heads-up warning on what Grunny can expect when he get Bloodstone and can finally enter Shadow. Obviously, Gaian lack of self preservation alive and well in Deadman's Shadow.

Hehe yes it was intentional.
razz

Don't feel too discouraged. Most of the time things seem to go smoothly enough. These have only happened a couple times out of a lot of runs, and like I mentioned I'm really only complaining because I prefer not to rage while playing zOMG!

Just make sure you don't do those things!
strapping young Iad
Hehe yes it was intentional.
razz

Don't feel too discouraged. Most of the time things seem to go smoothly enough. These have only happened a couple times out of a lot of runs, and like I mentioned I'm really only complaining because I prefer not to rage while playing zOMG!

Just make sure you don't do those things!

Is like early Shallow Seas. Things back then not always go to plan either, resulting in many ragequits from lots of Gaians. Grunny find entire thing hilarious then, too, but less so when failcrew turn up almost 90% of time.

Was better, Grunny thinks, because there were limited number of Gaians able to make run. They learn much, very quickly, and had to put in time to teach because of limited number of people able to get through Seas. Grunny suspects it be same with Deadman's Shadow, right down to hilarity ensuing and resultant learning curve.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I'm sorry to hear about these things, Strap. Q_Q Honestly, I mostly stopped DMSing because people are that derpy at times.

More or less, people will add me for a crew, then ask me to either:

1. Lead said crew
2. Be Heal Tank (Aggro for you Newbred DMSers)

And that honestly annoys me. I know I'm a higher leveled player. I'm skilled, sure. But I want to just DMS. I don't always want to lead or Heal Tank. If I did, I'd opt to do so. And if it's just Yellow Maze, the Tank is completely unnecessary. emotion_facepalm

Benevolent Lunatic

All those long range rings...I would ask them to change out or kick them...First all those attacks will drain stamina D:

Rogue

strapping young Iad
And proceed to fight from far away, aggro more monsters than necessary, and take a lot of damage that can't be healed by the awesome AoE healing from Wish with everyone else? emotion_facepalm

I hate this so much ;~;
I always volunteer/prefer to be aggro/GRkiter, so that's never a problem in my crews. But people who bring solar+shark+GGG so they can stand far away and it's less noticeable when they leech cus they aren't moving anyway because they "feel safer" = ...? liek rely? you feel safe standing next to the aggro out of wish range? um

k? rolleyes

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Back in my day we just killed for fun and now well i guess thats gone.

Shy Noob

Brooklyn Rage Mage
I'm sorry to hear about these things, Strap. Q_Q Honestly, I mostly stopped DMSing because people are that derpy at times.

More or less, people will add me for a crew, then ask me to either:

1. Lead said crew
2. Be Heal Tank (Aggro for you Newbred DMSers)

And that honestly annoys me. I know I'm a higher leveled player. I'm skilled, sure. But I want to just DMS. I don't always want to lead or Heal Tank. If I did, I'd opt to do so. And if it's just Yellow Maze, the Tank is completely unnecessary. emotion_facepalm

I can take derp in small doses, but sometimes there are just those days, or even that one run where it's just like... classified_fu

That is also very annoying, I hate seeing that when I join other crews. I hope it doesn't happen too often.

I dunno about a tank not being necessary, if you see some of these crews...
sweatdrop
But yeah I get what you mean it's really not, my best crew ever was a veggie crew just blasting through everything.

Shy Noob

DelDev
strapping young Iad
And proceed to fight from far away, aggro more monsters than necessary, and take a lot of damage that can't be healed by the awesome AoE healing from Wish with everyone else? emotion_facepalm

I hate this so much ;~;
I always volunteer/prefer to be aggro/GRkiter, so that's never a problem in my crews. But people who bring solar+shark+GGG so they can stand far away and it's less noticeable when they leech cus they aren't moving anyway because they "feel safer" = ...? liek rely? you feel safe standing next to the aggro out of wish range? um

k? rolleyes

Yeah I pretty much always aggro these days which is when I started to realize this exists.
emo

I can understand maybe... standing back and using only solar on a night fright because you're paranoid or something of the sort... but when you're 12.0 and have GGG/shuriken/hunter bow as your attacks... just... why?!
*looks at everyone's responses* 3nodding
These things annoy me too, but what really annoys me is the whole irony of DMS' creation by Gaia's zOMG! staff. You make items that are required for entry into DMS (after users run out of free tries), then you charge it at 900,000g or above in the Marketplace. What's more, when you look up these items in the Marketplace, the store that it is sold at for gold is not listed (where, apparently, it is sold at a much more affordable 29,000 something gold). Most users on Gaia don't have 900,000 gold to blow on such an item. The irony of all this is that DMS was apparently created to draw more users to zOMG! (if the dev notices are to be believed). I feel that this item however, is drawing people away from trying out this new area, which is a great area (don't get me wrong). This item is also offered for Gaia Cash, but some people don't have the money or don't want to spend real money to get something online.

I believe that the staff behind this game (or those in charge of pricing the Bloodstone Gem and/or Amulet) should seriously consider lowering the prices of these items in order to make them more accessible to all. Alternatively, allowing players to bid on these items would also be a welcome addition if the aforementioned choice is not possible.

*end rant* (I feel like this post would be better placed somewhere else too ... like comments & suggestions or something ... but idk where I'd find that forum/forum thread)

-CelestialAngel20

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
CelestialAngel20
*looks at everyone's responses* 3nodding
These things annoy me too, but what really annoys me is the whole irony of DMS' creation by Gaia's zOMG! staff. You make items that are required for entry into DMS (after users run out of free tries), then you charge it at 900,000g or above in the Marketplace. What's more, when you look up these items in the Marketplace, the store that it is sold at for gold is not listed (where, apparently, it is sold at a much more affordable 29,000 something gold). Most users on Gaia don't have 900,000 gold to blow on such an item. The irony of all this is that DMS was apparently created to draw more users to zOMG! (if the dev notices are to be believed). I feel that this item however, is drawing people away from trying out this new area, which is a great area (don't get me wrong). This item is also offered for Gaia Cash, but some people don't have the money or don't want to spend real money to get something online.

I believe that the staff behind this game (or those in charge of pricing the Bloodstone Gem and/or Amulet) should seriously consider lowering the prices of these items in order to make them more accessible to all. Alternatively, allowing players to bid on these items would also be a welcome addition if the aforementioned choice is not possible.

*end rant* (I feel like this post would be better placed somewhere else too ... like comments & suggestions or something ... but idk where I'd find that forum/forum thread)

-CelestialAngel20

Gaia has absolutely no control over marketplace prices, those prices are set by users only.

If you go to the Earn Gaia Cash page and watch every video you can find, every single day, you'll be able to save up enough to buy a gemstone. I've bought lots and lots of cash items for free by watching videos.

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
OHGODYES This story is too perfect...
strapping young Iad

But this... emotion_donotwant
Quote:

I ALWAYS bring my slashy when I'm not aggro o3o
But I know when to use it... I agree the situation you described sucks some serious butt, but if you know how to use it slash can be awesome. I did a triple critical on two vamps at once one time. I felt almighty emotion_dealwithit
I guess it all depends on the amount of common sense the person has... and on zOMG... you won't be finding much of that very often, I'm afraid emotion_8c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff