Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you take an inexperienced MMO newbie under your wing come lauch time?

Yes. 0.34210526315789 34.2% [ 26 ]
No. 0.18421052631579 18.4% [ 14 ]
I'd be the one looking for mentoring 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 12 ]
Maybe? 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

All I'm saying is that unless your training in a newb area, there will be hardly any chances to find someone who truly needs help.

Captain Kat's Husband

Never_Quested
All I'm saying is that unless your training in a newb area, there will be hardly any chances to find someone who truly needs help.
if that's what it takes to help people and get them out of grinding in the early stages, I'll scour the lower level areas for anyone needed help. Hopefully the charge level thing will get peoples attention.
Sir Silverwing
Never_Quested
if that's what it takes to help people and get them out of grinding in the early stages, I'll scour the lower level areas for anyone needed help. Hopefully the charge level thing will get peoples attention.

I was wondering, likely I missed it, but the charge level will be plainly visible? Or you have to click on some submenu on the player to see it? In the second case, your hope is a little optimistic, no?
Radagast9
Sir Silverwing
Never_Quested

I was wondering, likely I missed it, but the charge level will be plainly visible? Or you have to click on some submenu on the player to see it? In the second case, your hope is a little optimistic, no?

You have to scroll over a player to see his rage rank, and level.

Captain Kat's Husband

Radagast9
Sir Silverwing
Never_Quested

We have little if not for our optimisim. And I don't think they have said either way about the charge level, but I really don't think it will take much to find people that are really wanting and needing help, people who are genuinely intelligent and just lack MMO know how.
Never_Quested
Radagast9
Sir Silverwing
Never_Quested

Oh, I didn't red it, sorry. But still I think that is a bit unlikely that a newbie who has some difficulties with mmos can notice your rank on his own. Anyway you can never tell, we'll see.
Sir Silverwing
We have little if not for our optimisim.

Likely you could be right. And after a sentence like this, how could I go on arguing on this... mrgreen

Captain Kat's Husband

Never_Quested
Radagast9
Sir Silverwing
Never_Quested

ah, well that will be helpful when LFG won't it?
It would be nice if the rewards for such malevolence as mentoring/teaching extended both ways. For example, if having a lowbie in your party increases the chances of "X" dropping "Y" or increased experience rates.
Adrenus
It would be nice if the rewards for such malevolence as mentoring/teaching extended both ways. For example, if having a lowbie in your party increases the chances of "X" dropping "Y" or increased experience rates.

Eh eh, I wouldn't complain. But could deprive it of its sense ( hey you, newb, come immediatly here, come with us. -some moments later- Stay in the backrow and don't make you being killed, we care to this monsters, just wait and don't stress ). Just exaggerating but it could happen. And anyway if I decide to do I don't do it for a reward.

Mind-boggling Fairy

16,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Adrenus
that wont work kuss the highlevels will just have one person randomly have one high level switch to a lowlevel mule

Captain Kat's Husband

Adrenus
your biggest problems with that, besides the stated ones, is that you'd have serious botting issues, one person on a computer that can run the game on two separate windows with two separate accounts, it wouldn't be very hard to make a macro that would just follow behind whatever character was actually doing the work.

Dedicated Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Sir Silverwing
you're right as far as being organized goes, It does tend to help in teaching, whether it be in groups or one on one teaching, organization is key. I guess I could buy a guild, but I'd really rather get someone else to maintain it while I did the mentoring, I've never had good luck with guilds. So if anyone wants to take charge and get us a school of gaia mmo PM me, and I'd be happy to discuss such things with you.
~O~
Ebb n Flow Man-MMO School Administrator. It has nice ring to it. xd
It does sound like something interesting to do, other than smashing monsters heads open. But I'm afraid my laziness meter would fill up, and I wouldn't be up to the task. You'd need someone with a lot of determination, and no lazy meter, to run a guild like that.

~O~

Captain Kat's Husband

Ebb n Flow Man
~O~
Ebb n Flow Man-MMO School Administrator. It has nice ring to it. xd
It does sound like something interesting to do, other than smashing monsters heads open. But I'm afraid my laziness meter would fill up, and I wouldn't be up to the task. You'd need someone with a lot of determination, and no lazy meter, to run a guild like that.

~O~
I believe we come from the same school of attention deficit disorder, I would love to have a guild like that, but it's something that would be a great strain on me, keeping up something like that on a major scale. Maybe my resolve will be stronger later, and I'll get one up and running, I know I've probably got an extra guild floating somewhere around there, and if not I'll buy one because gaia hasn't upped the prices on them yet, thought I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 20K is nothing anymore.

Jeering Capitalist

I wouldn't mind adopting a newb as long as they were literate and we had chemistry. It would be a good way of helping newcomers during the transition from forums to MMOs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff