Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The_Fooler
Staximus
I have a question. If there is going to be a battle system would there not be "monsters"? For i find if the battle system relies solely on pking then it would be no fun cause everyone would die left right and centre and no one likes to die. So if there is to be a battle system to me that means there r going to be monsters which will require new animation all on it's own so the Ring vs. sword system is not a big deal. As for economy most battle systems that i have seen on any mmorpg (not sure if this is the right term for our system) would have creatures that drop stuff that can be sold as well as money so buying weapons and if there is armour should be no big deal thus keeping the economy in balance.

P.S.

If i said something that didnt make sense please identify so i can try to expand
Actually, if I am correct, they are using "bare pixels", instead of still images for the monsters. So it's a completely different situation with the monsters, rather than the weapons. The weapons are still imaged. They are stuck in different positions on an avitar. It's hard enough to make those different positions itself, but to make a game and put the weapons on it? It's just asking to wait another two years or so for the Battle System to come out.

Well see i'm not a computer person so i don't really understand much in the way of graphics and what not but it would seem to me that if they have the image already it should be no problem to say make an attack and if that is a big deal they could make it like DBZ with the Zwii fighting effect instead of showing the weapon move.

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Evil Reelando
Quote:
My suggestion to those who don't like the Ring System is to stop trying to make the Battle System like other games you've played. It's unique, and the Ring System will likely not change.

My personal opinion is that Gaia is doing a wonderful job. People who complain about a game that isn't even out yet are impatient, selfish, and ignorant. I'd say, that if you try the game and decide that it isn't for you, find some other game! I'm sure World of Warcraft would treat you right, with it's expensive armor and weapons, and restrictive classes. :]

Very very very true! I knew from the begining what they where thinking about but I never wanted to say anything to them because I didn't want to get myself being flamed at and I like to keep myself at a low profile. But I also thought "What's the point to tell them that anyway!" I ignored them like flys because they misst the Devs point of "why" they went for the "ring" idea! They mean nothing to me but impatient, selfish, and ignorant little kids! (Now don't flame me saying your not alittle kid I was being half sarcastic and half right about what they're acting like.)
I'm sorry about this but I'm not sure if anyone raid my post. Did anyone have any comments about it?
Staximus
The_Fooler
Staximus
I have a question. If there is going to be a battle system would there not be "monsters"? For i find if the battle system relies solely on pking then it would be no fun cause everyone would die left right and centre and no one likes to die. So if there is to be a battle system to me that means there r going to be monsters which will require new animation all on it's own so the Ring vs. sword system is not a big deal. As for economy most battle systems that i have seen on any mmorpg (not sure if this is the right term for our system) would have creatures that drop stuff that can be sold as well as money so buying weapons and if there is armour should be no big deal thus keeping the economy in balance.

P.S.

If i said something that didnt make sense please identify so i can try to expand
Actually, if I am correct, they are using "bare pixels", instead of still images for the monsters. So it's a completely different situation with the monsters, rather than the weapons. The weapons are still imaged. They are stuck in different positions on an avitar. It's hard enough to make those different positions itself, but to make a game and put the weapons on it? It's just asking to wait another two years or so for the Battle System to come out.

Well see i'm not a computer person so i don't really understand much in the way of graphics and what not but it would seem to me that if they have the image already it should be no problem to say make an attack and if that is a big deal they could make it like DBZ with the Zwii fighting effect instead of showing the weapon move.
Since it's a still image though, it would look crappy. Think of your art program your computer you should get right when you download the Windows program or whatever you use. When you have a picture uploaded to the program, then click that option that let's you cut art out, then place it somewhere else. It'd pretty much look like that if they did that to still images. They would have to recreate every single item and everything from these "bare pixels". It'd take God knows how long to make.
OK i understand all the way to the top were it says about wanting everyone to have it fair not haveing to do with money and stuff........this is what i think: There will be this combat teacher and when you talk to him you get a free basic weapon of your choice weather it is long range or short range.......or we can use fist and feet as weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be sweet. Oh gosh plz put in weapons, that ring idea sounds good but for like powerups or sumthing.
I do agree with the extreme pain anyone whom does animation goes through, and that they have a horrible job...blah blah blah
But hell, even if they just did Final Fantasy OLDSCHOOL graphics...the Gaia MMO could be a damn good game.
Look at Runescape! That game has got to have some of the most garbage graphics out there, and yet it has stayed totally free, and has some of the most dedicated users of the internet.

2) It will disrupt the Gaian economy. The weapons will inflate, and new users won't be able to afford the even MORE expensive weapons required for the Battle System. Gaia wants everyone to be able to get far in the game on their skills, not how much money they've earned using Gaia's other features. It has to be fair for everyone.

Perhaps the Collectable items will inflate, but there arn't that many anyways. And who is to say that they couldn't have made a Weapons Shop? For god sakes, everyone knows that if a weapon can be bought in a shop for 500 gold, it won't be bought in the marketplace for 500,000 gold.

3) This may not be a real reason, but there aren't many weapons out there. Fewer weapons means fewer variety, and in the end, everyone will be wielding the best weapon available. Gaia is all about customization, having everyone use the same weapon would go against what Gaia is about.

Weapons shop, people...weapons shop.

Reasons why armor will not be in the Battle System:
1) There isn't much armor out there. Everyone would be wearing as much as they can to get as much defense as they can, and everyone would look the same. See point three of the Weapons section.

Armor shop?...I could definatly see that happening too.

2) It will disrupt the Gaian economy. Prices for Mythrill Armor and Damascus Armor would sky-rocket, leaving richer users with an advantage and poorer users with a disadvantage.

Oh, or they could just not use collectables for the battle system...perhaps? Copy their avatar system? and let everyone have a battle Avatar, and a forum Avatar? Sounds possible to me.

Reasons why you won't be any Class:
1) Gaia wants you to have freedom. With the Rings System, you can pick the abilities you want. The point is to NOT have to be a Class. Why would you want to be a Priest when you could be someone with Healing, Magic, and Melee abilities? Awesome, right?

Classes are in every good MMO...for good reasons, they force people to use teamwork, which is definatly something most people could use a little work on.

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The_Fooler
Staximus
The_Fooler
Staximus

P.S.

Since it's a still image though, it would look crappy. Think of your art program your computer you should get right when you download the Windows program or whatever you use. When you have a picture uploaded to the program, then click that option that let's you cut art out, then place it somewhere else. It'd pretty much look like that if they did that to still images. They would have to recreate every single item and everything from these "bare pixels". It'd take God knows how long to make.

I still don't beleive it would take so long i mean i Know people that r good with this software and digital imaging and all that now like i said i personally kno very little about how these things work but the people i do kno have worked harder things than this within an hour or two.
Personally any good player could overcome weopons anyway. If the rings are stronger than other items that is. Who cares about not getting a bonus though if you can kill everything with a Flaming Doom Ring at Max Power. twisted
Weopons are more suitable for an actual Arena. One in which betting could take place. That would be cool. Lots of the items could give other abilities such as Flight though. The only solution to inflation is to make more and more equipment readily avaialble.
I think you punch things at first until you actually find a ring. If it's a Punch ring then I'd want to make it un-godly powerful. Crush bone and Steel alike with my bare fists. XD
Oryp
I do agree with the extreme pain anyone whom does animation goes through, and that they have a horrible job...blah blah blah
But hell, even if they just did Final Fantasy OLDSCHOOL graphics...the Gaia MMO could be a damn good game.
Look at Runescape! That game has got to have some of the most garbage graphics out there, and yet it has stayed totally free, and has some of the most dedicated users of the internet.

2) It will disrupt the Gaian economy. The weapons will inflate, and new users won't be able to afford the even MORE expensive weapons required for the Battle System. Gaia wants everyone to be able to get far in the game on their skills, not how much money they've earned using Gaia's other features. It has to be fair for everyone.

Perhaps the Collectable items will inflate, but there arn't that many anyways. And who is to say that they couldn't have made a Weapons Shop? For god sakes, everyone knows that if a weapon can be bought in a shop for 500 gold, it won't be bought in the marketplace for 500,000 gold.

3) This may not be a real reason, but there aren't many weapons out there. Fewer weapons means fewer variety, and in the end, everyone will be wielding the best weapon available. Gaia is all about customization, having everyone use the same weapon would go against what Gaia is about.

Weapons shop, people...weapons shop.

Reasons why armor will not be in the Battle System:
1) There isn't much armor out there. Everyone would be wearing as much as they can to get as much defense as they can, and everyone would look the same. See point three of the Weapons section.

Armor shop?...I could definatly see that happening too.

2) It will disrupt the Gaian economy. Prices for Mythrill Armor and Damascus Armor would sky-rocket, leaving richer users with an advantage and poorer users with a disadvantage.

Oh, or they could just not use collectables for the battle system...perhaps? Copy their avatar system? and let everyone have a battle Avatar, and a forum Avatar? Sounds possible to me.

Reasons why you won't be any Class:
1) Gaia wants you to have freedom. With the Rings System, you can pick the abilities you want. The point is to NOT have to be a Class. Why would you want to be a Priest when you could be someone with Healing, Magic, and Melee abilities? Awesome, right?

Classes are in every good MMO...for good reasons, they force people to use teamwork, which is definatly something most people could use a little work on.
Runescape is a s**t game that basically forces you to click a button over and over again until your fingers bleed. Those who are dedicated have no life.

Giving attributes to EVERY PIECE OF ARMOR would make everybody have the same top-notch armor at the same time. See- Painful Animation, Runescape sucks.

Battle Avatar and Forum Avatar would take painful programming. Also, this is just an extension of Gaia, not a game unto itself.

You just stated that Runescape has dedicated users, yet Runescape does not have a class system. Case and point.

What you're missing is that some people in the Gaia MMO will have to be healers, damagers, and tanks. They will gear their rings towards something like that. A healer will have +heals rings and healing rings and put their Orbs into them. A tank will have defensive rings and put Charge Orbs into them. A damager will have whatever etc. etc. etc.

Again, you aren't the one doing the work. You don't know how painstaking it is to program and animate ALL OF THE ITEMS ON GAIA. Runescape has a small variety compared to everything that summarizes Gaiaonline.

Can somebody tell me what MAR stands for?
good idea! wink
To anyone who is against the ring system, please click the panda in my sig and read the entire first post.

Oh, and MAR stands for Marchen Awakens Romance, its a manga that has accessories with magical powers, however it realy is not like the battle system.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff