< 1 2 3 4 >

Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Thank you.

I saw it, I'm pretty much just going for weapons because I like to debate, it showed skill and knowledges and a respect of opponent.
Battle does lead to the connection, in psychological analysis of symbolism, battle connects to weapons and visa verse.
I never said it was dumb. Learn to read. I said it would be better and cheaper for the moderators to use weapons.
It's not cheaper, it's infact more expensive and harder to make. Making a game costs money. They would have to use a lot more money to make weapons useble than they would with the ring idea.
How is making a pic go up and down more expensive then creating new pics, a new system of use, new graphic and such?
Because first off, the devs would have to scrap their idea, just to make people who want weapons happy, their progress would have gone to waste. Second, no matter what you do, with making a weapon go up and down, it's going to cost money. And don't try to weasle your way out of it by saying, "But they could add weapons, and rings!", because then it's more expensive yet.
Actually, that was my original idea, was for a user who chose magic to use rings and users who chose warrior use weapons. yet since you would consider that 'weaseling out' then I will simple ask, why didn't they just use weapons in the first place? Gaia as a whole expressed joy about the battle system and a way to use weapons, and it was provoked when gaia donation items being weapons became more and more popular.
No no no no! They devs/admins didn't say, "Looky here! Weapons for you to use in the future Battle System!" They told us the MC items would be used for looks and nothing more right from the bat. And the reason for not making weapons is because they would have to redraw every single combination of items on a clear avatar to make it work. That would be very expensive. Plus, making an image go up and down (trailing to something I left out on your earlier comment) is still hard. You have to redraw the item and make it do all this and that and make it look GOOD. And you need to research next time you "debate"
The Undead Suitor
Goats_from_hell
The Undead Suitor

you cant have a debate if you have no arguement stare
I do have an argument, weapons look cooler xp
But I'm picking up on it, that's all that matters really...

Thats not an argument thats an opinion..like my opinion is that your a moron right now..but thats not an arguement.
Yet if you wanted to find out in a quick matter, you would say "I think your a moron" Then I might try something like posting my test scores saying I'm in the top 10% of the U.S. or one of my invitations to meet the congress and president for intellectual acknowledgment.
The fact is, I stated an opinion, a couple gaias jumped for it, I questioned why they said that, they got mad and one gave me a clear answer that I could learn from, the other just made him self look like a fool.
It can be loosely called a debate from what it turned into.
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
It's not cheaper, it's infact more expensive and harder to make. Making a game costs money. They would have to use a lot more money to make weapons useble than they would with the ring idea.
How is making a pic go up and down more expensive then creating new pics, a new system of use, new graphic and such?
Because first off, the devs would have to scrap their idea, just to make people who want weapons happy, their progress would have gone to waste. Second, no matter what you do, with making a weapon go up and down, it's going to cost money. And don't try to weasle your way out of it by saying, "But they could add weapons, and rings!", because then it's more expensive yet.
Actually, that was my original idea, was for a user who chose magic to use rings and users who chose warrior use weapons. yet since you would consider that 'weaseling out' then I will simple ask, why didn't they just use weapons in the first place? Gaia as a whole expressed joy about the battle system and a way to use weapons, and it was provoked when gaia donation items being weapons became more and more popular.
No no no no! They devs/admins didn't say, "Looky here! Weapons for you to use in the future Battle System!" They told us the MC items would be used for looks and nothing more right from the bat. And the reason for not making weapons is because they would have to redraw every single combination of items on a clear avatar to make it work. That would be very expensive. Plus, making an image go up and down (trailing to something I left out on your earlier comment) is still hard. You have to redraw the item and make it do all this and that and make it look GOOD. And you need to research next time you "debate"
yes, that does make sense.. Thanks.
And I didn't plan for this to turn into a debate, like I said, I made a comment and people jumped for it before I read anything. It was the first post in this forum and it was my opinion on someone else's statement. I just kind of dragged along from here.. sweatdrop
I would like to thank Iceketch and The_Fooler for making this more clear for me and helping me to understand this. Thank you.
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
And I didn't plan for this to turn into a debate, like I said, I made a comment and people jumped for it before I read anything. It was the first post in this forum and it was my opinion on someone else's statement. I just kind of dragged along from here.. sweatdrop
No it's ok. But still, read stickies, anything that could help you with information first. That way you don't get "jumped on" again. Or just watch a debate and learn something. Don't post until you know for sure what there will be and what not. Or try debating about something that is on a lighter note, like rings. Try asking what kind of rings someone would want or something.
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
No it's ok. But still, read stickies, anything that could help you with information first. That way you don't get "jumped on" again. Or just watch a debate and learn something. Don't post until you know for sure what there will be and what not. Or try debating about something that is on a lighter note, like rings. Try asking what kind of rings someone would want or something.
Ya, I think I kind of figured that out sweatdrop I just thought that since it was a new one with another post there opinion it would be safe sweatdrop
Ya, I already started reading some of the other forums, theres a lot out there! ^^
Goats_from_hell
I would like to thank Iceketch and The_Fooler for making this more clear for me and helping me to understand this. Thank you.

ok heare is a pic ok i avitar items were used on the battle sistem people will stey unthing the best items inflation in the marcket will go crasy and people will starts cloning each others avi destroing the pont of gaia of being arole play comunity of individuals not robotic clones and that be hell
I found the link! several of the Devs post, here are two posts by Truantduck and Swarf.

TruantDuck

I knew that when we had the idea to do skills in battle as rings there would be people who would be disappointed that they couldn't use their G-blades and ice whips in an animated way.

However, the benefits of the ring system were so great that everybody here decided it was the way to go.

There's lots of info about rings posted here by other battle team members, and I'm guess you've read that. I have been working on Battle from the beginning I can share a few the main reasons (besides some of the ones I see commonly echoed here like not having to alter your avi for battle) we like the ring system.

- Avatars are pixelated 2d images. They are flat and don't support high frame rate animations, complex transparencies or lighting effects. We wanted swirling glowing auras and flaming, smoking projectiles. In short, we wanted the things you do in battle to be soaked with awesome, and the current avatar system's limitations wouldn't allow for that.

- Many of the "weapons" on the site now are collectibles. Some of these collectibles are quite rare, and we really wanted everybody to start out in Battle on equal footing.

- With rings, you can change your equipment without having to reload your avatar image. This may seem trivial, but it's a big deal on the technical and bandwidth side of the equation.

- If we gave all the items on the site right now stats, then we could be encouraging everybody to become big 'ole hunk-o-junk avatars wearing as many items as possible to increase stats. Battle would be weird if everybody in it walking around looked like a big messy katamari ball.
where it's found
swarf
I must point out that it is far more complicated than you imagine. The blurry foot animation in towns is possible because we don't need to separate anything. We can just blur the portion of the avatar we know is the usual area for legs and feet. This is not true for weapons.

Weapons come in vastly different shapes and sizes, they may be held in different poses, they may cover up different portions of your avatar. In order to swing your sword, we need to remove it from the compiled avatar image, which means we need to compile each asset separately into avatar swf files, which means bigger files, which means more work, more download time, and more shadow avatars instead of real ones. And what about the poses with the weapon strapped to the back? Should it suddenly appear in front of you swinging away without any hand reaching back to unsheath the weapon? It would look strange, blurry, and crappy.

In contrast, a ring ability may cause a sword attack that looks unique, well-animated, and doesn't contribute to the size of the compiled avatar swf download. It can be downloaded separately, and only when needed. Rings will make the attack animations look vastly superior to blurry walking-style animations and will not require a total re-write of the avatar swf compiling system. Thus, Battle gets released sooner with better graphics.

Yes, I'm one of the devs working on Battle.
original context
RAFUZAN
Goats_from_hell

ok heare is a pic ok i avitar items were used on the battle sistem people will stey unthing the best items inflation in the marcket will go crasy and people will starts cloning each others avi destroing the pont of gaia of being arole play comunity of individuals not robotic clones and that be hell
o.O That was no help, since I kind of knew that was going to happen.
Please learn to type, or spell....
also if you sheck the anaunsments youd know that teare weapons bt not avi weapons the weapons are created bi teh rings liek the mantis ring creating a
sword fore you to slash your enemys
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Goats_from_hell
The_Fooler
Ya, I think I kind of figured that out sweatdrop I just thought that since it was a new one with another post there opinion it would be safe sweatdrop
Ya, I already started reading some of the other forums, theres a lot out there! ^^
Yeah. But in any case, you'll do much better off once you have all the right information and everything. I just can't really stand it when some people don't read stickies or anything to help them follow along and they ask questions that have been answered numerous times.
Goats_from_hell
RAFUZAN
Goats_from_hell

o.O That was no help, since I kind of knew that was going to happen.
Please learn to type, or spell....

sorry im not american im still practisin
ahem as said but Qixter the rings are here to stay and from me ahem.... thats just to dan bad 3nodding
cry Haven't any of you realized that argueing never solves the problem. When you argue with someone your point comes across as force-full, pushed and, in some cases on Gaia, Biased. Really think about what you have to say before attaacking. Just don't post in this thread and it WILL die.... Now if we can only do this for that other Ring-Hate Thread.

P.s. In even you Quote-Whores quoute me I'm not gonna respond so forget calling me out. mad
Personally. I think that the rings are so much better. Since on every MMO or MMORPG's that i have been on, everyone gets to a certain point where you can see everyone with the exact same items as you.

Unless the dev's and mod's can be bothered to carry on making more powerful monsters and more powerful weapons, then that problem wont be solved.

Using rings makes this pretty much hard to do. If there are say, 30 different rings you can choose from and hold maybe 5 rings at a time, then there are literally thousands of opportunities.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff