Welcome to Gaia! ::

As soon as im pointed in the right direction, ill be on my way.

Has there been discussion on how rings will be made in accordance to the new 'Bawls' that will be introduced?

From here im suggesting that it could be possible to give an option under the 'Salvage' 'Upgrade' and the ingenious 'Swap' option with a new tab called 'Ghi Merge'

'Ghi Merge' is a new power found after completing the hidden quest from Elizabeth which enables you to merge the ring and null fragments to create new and powerful rings.

The effects of the ring means that more Orbs are required to upgrade these rings. The only problem is, that only when your status is at RR4 you are able to use these rings. Additionally, rage ranks have no effect on these rings since they are already powerful.

Im going nowhere with this though, its just an idea that could possibly help with the numerous rings and orbs we have in our hands.

TL;dr

Have a ring idea, please point me to relevant dicussion threads where i can speak with like-minded people or others who have come up with a similar idea
This might be a good place for it.

Or you could just keep it as a thread.

Gracious Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I rather like the idea. Balancing wouldn't be a huge issue since it only works with rr4. hmmm. I would buy into that.
Thanks for forwarding the link~

I mean the number of combinations would be wonderful wouldnt it?

Fire rain GhiMerged with Dervish = Solar slash

Meat GMerged with Turtle = Turtle meat

Fortunes GMerged with Scaredy Cat =Lucky p***y Cat

Anyhow, ill post into the repository now
Chaos.

Taking math into consideration there'll be hell lot of combinations with 43 rings.

Shirtless Werewolf

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
sounds very very very very vaguely like my unison ring combo idea, speaking of which, i should probly find it and bump it again.

very interesting though, i'll be watching this.

Benevolent Codger

Many thanks to you (and to jzmajor, while I'm at it) for forwarding the idea to the Repository. Your contribution is thoroughly appreciated. 3nodding

Now, for some well-deserved feedback: firstly, I have to say, I'm not entirely sure I know what you're aiming to accomplish. You imply that you're looking to reduce the number of stockpiled duplicate rings, but the Salvage feature succeeds in doing that on its own. I admit that your 'G'himerging' idea posits a much more attractive use for those rings, but at this point I fear the 'job' it's doing is relatively unnecessary.

The second point is to consider just how this is advantageous over simply releasing new rings. I can't imagine it'd really be any easier to code, animate, or implement, yet it doesn't stand to offer any actual new content, in comparison. Personally, I'd rather seem them utilise their unused design space in new rings, rather than by rehashing the rings that already exist. I'm not saying that there's not an advantage, simply that I don't see it.

The last point is more a curiosity, than anything: why the severe limitations on them? It seems awfully counterintuitive that I would work so hard and spend two whole rings to obtain a ring that works... One-quarter of the time I'm wearing it? At best? While I'll agree that the RR4 requirement (or, a Rage-dependent incentive, which is something I've posed myself) is interesting, it hardly seems necessary for a whole class of rings.

I don't want you to think that I'm shooting down your idea, though; there certainly some interesting elements. I've heard 'combining' rings mentioned many, many times, so obviously there's a lot of user interest in that. Additionally, your Rage-dependent rings open up a new avenue of design space, even if I'm not sure the game stands to benefit by dedicating itself to it. I'm not sure the game is really at a point that it needs this, but perhaps in the future when the more predictable veins of design space have been thoroughly explored, there would be room to revisit this concept... 3nodding
Red Kutai

Many thanks to you (and to jzmajor, while I'm at it) for forwarding the idea to the Repository. Your contribution is thoroughly appreciated. 3nodding

Now, for some well-deserved feedback: firstly, I have to say, I'm not entirely sure I know what you're aiming to accomplish. You imply that you're looking to reduce the number of stockpiled duplicate rings, but the Salvage feature succeeds in doing that on its own. I admit that your 'G'himerging' idea posits a much more attractive use for those rings, but at this point I fear the 'job' it's doing is relatively unnecessary.

The second point is to consider just how this is advantageous over simply releasing new rings. I can't imagine it'd really be any easier to code, animate, or implement, yet it doesn't stand to offer any actual new content, in comparison. Personally, I'd rather seem them utilise their unused design space in new rings, rather than by rehashing the rings that already exist. I'm not saying that there's not an advantage, simply that I don't see it.

The last point is more a curiosity, than anything: why the severe limitations on them? It seems awfully counterintuitive that I would work so hard and spend two whole rings to obtain a ring that works... One-quarter of the time I'm wearing it? At best? While I'll agree that the RR4 requirement (or, a Rage-dependent incentive, which is something I've posed myself) is interesting, it hardly seems necessary for a whole class of rings.

I don't want you to think that I'm shooting down your idea, though; there certainly some interesting elements. I've heard 'combining' rings mentioned many, many times, so obviously there's a lot of user interest in that. Additionally, your Rage-dependent rings open up a new avenue of design space, even if I'm not sure the game stands to benefit by dedicating itself to it. I'm not sure the game is really at a point that it needs this, but perhaps in the future when the more predictable veins of design space have been thoroughly explored, there would be room to revisit this concept... 3nodding

Mm, thanks for the feedback. In retrospect, it was a rash job i did on evaluating its purpose in the game. I blame my feelings of excitement into thinking i was introducing an original idea into the game.

Anyhow, id love to find more users with better ideas, or something that would make this a possiblilty in the long run.

And in relation to the RR4 inpairment, i was thinking that it would add an interesting strategic aspect to the game. You would be forced to use the rings at RR1 only when your bar is at RR4.

I like challenges i guess, the game feels like its getting easier lately.
Red Kutai

Ok now that i have had some spare time to mellow out on your feedback, as well as the forums being slow here are my replies to some of the points you raised..

Quote:
You imply that you're looking to reduce the number of stockpiled duplicate rings, but the Salvage feature succeeds in doing that on its own

I find the Salvage feature mighty cumbersome when you have a stockpile of 78+ rings lying about. The situation is very similar to the Recipe dilemma a few months ago where it took forever to sell away each item. Its been recently solved however. The fact is, its pretty obvious that combining two rings into one wont actually reduce the large number of rings in my inventory, so might i suggest that it takes a large combination of rings to create a new ring?

Quote:
Personally, I'd rather seem them utilise their unused design space in new rings, rather than by rehashing the rings that already exist. I'm not saying that there's not an advantage, simply that I don't see it.

Well i dont think i suggested this for any kind of advantage, only efficiency. Rather than releasing the rings, it'd be better for plot advancement if the rings were created out of more rings. The idea of Ghimorphing would possibly fill in the story behind the creation of null fragments. In fact, monsters that have appeared in the zOMG! universe are created by the very same idea, a combination of ordinary items and null fragments.

In order to be able to fight these monsters on even grounds is to utilise the concept of combining Ring fragments together. After you complete the quest with Elizabeth, a NPC called Mavdox tells you about Fragmentation, a process used to be able to extract Ring Fragments, You return to Elizabeth and then learn a tutorial on Ghimorphing.

[Insert plot continuation here]

TL;dr killing two birds with one stone, compensate for new rings while clearing inventory and plot advancement,]

Quote:
why the severe limitations on them?

In retrospect.

I have no clue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas