Welcome to Gaia! ::

Idea?

Yes! 0.86666666666667 86.7% [ 26 ]
No. 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
1 2 >

Wheezing Warlord

So I just want to run an idea by people.
              The idea is making certain rings more common from certain enemies.
              Now, all rings would still be obtainable from all enemies, but certain rings would become more common, depending on what you farm.

For example, let's say you're looking for Quicksand. Farming Sandtrap Fluffs and Sand Fluffs will give you an increased yield.
              You're looking for Meat, farm Outlaw Pups, Outlaw Wolves, and Shewolf.
              You're looking for Ghosts, Ghost Lanterns become your best bet.

Why?
              To make searching for those few rings that aren't in your collection easier.
              It'd allow you to target your farming for the ring you want.
              'Cause it's a pain, when you get every ring except that one you need.

Destructive Reveler

Yes it is a pain. I have all of them but it took forever to get the last 2 I needed.

Invisible Visionary

17,050 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
sure, i don't see a problem with this.. most new players seem to think this is how it actually is anyways.. pirate
It could also keep newer players in early areas from getting some of the better rings, like the "ring grant" quests.
I don't remember how long it took me to get all the original 40 rings.. but it wasn't that hard at all.

Wheezing Warlord

Yeah, I have all my rings as well.
              But I have several friends who're searching for "that one ring" they don't have.
              I feel their pain.
              xd

Seeker

Aye! A LONG time ago i salvaged a bandaid ring I had and when I was near the end I couldn't find one no matter how hard i tried! i almost bought one! But happy ending, I found one and leveled the **** out of it!

Anyway, this won't be for all rings will it? I assume there will be rings that you wont be able to find monsters that go with it, halo for example would have an equal chance no matter what monster it is that your killin'.

Wheezing Warlord

(s)oul
Aye! A LONG time ago i salvaged a bandaid ring I had and when I was near the end I couldn't find one no matter how hard i tried! i almost bought one! But happy ending, I found one and leveled the **** out of it!

Anyway, this won't be for all rings will it? I assume there will be rings that you wont be able to find monsters that go with it, halo for example would have an equal chance no matter what monster it is that your killin'.

Yeah, I'd assume that there would be certain Rings you can't find an Animated counterpart for.
              Such as Halo, Divinity, Iron Will, and a number of others.
              And not all Animated would have a Ring match, obviously.
              So I'd just assign a very slightly higher chance of getting the mismatched Rings with some of the mismatched Animated.
              If that makes sense.

Seeker

Makes PERFECT sense! Like not stickin' forks in power outlets ^^
I'm surprised this isn't how it works. I'm more surprised that no one else thought about this.

Interstellar Explorer

Yes, I definitely agree.
      I've been trying to hunt down this one ring for a Ninja set, and I just couldn't get it.
      (Even with the help of my Coyote and Fortune's Favor)
      I'm still waiting for it to drop... xD

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Hmm. If not by animated then by area would be great.

Familiar Lunatic

I don't think this is the right way to do it.
I'll tell you why once I get of my lazy throne.
Comfy lazy throne.

I'm thinking along the lines of what Val posted.
ethereal_dragon_ryuu
I'm surprised this isn't how it works. I'm more surprised that no one else thought about this.
People have.

Wheezing Warlord

Valheita

I was thinking that, but then we'd only be able to get Ninja, Space Trooper, Pirate, and maybe Shaman sets.
              xd

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
SykoCaster
Valheita

I was thinking that, but then we'd only be able to get Ninja, Space Trooper, Pirate, and maybe Shaman sets.
              xd
Needs moar areas then :3

[/subtle]
gataka
I don't think this is the right way to do it.
I'll tell you why once I get of my lazy throne.
Comfy lazy throne.

I'm thinking along the lines of what Val posted.
ethereal_dragon_ryuu
People have.

Never occurred to me...

Your avi makes me want to have sex...

Erm, yes, by area would be great. But how would that work? I only have all the "Ninja" items worked out to Zen.
I Support this idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces