Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is this awesome? Y/N

No, I enjoy lag. 0.19942713927676 19.9% [ 557 ]
Yes. 0.26996061582528 27.0% [ 754 ]
OMFG YES! 0.53061224489796 53.1% [ 1482 ]
Total Votes:[ 2793 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 50 51 52 > >>

Sorry to be annoying, but I have searched adblock in google but I can't find how to use it. Yes, I have installed it. Yes, it works, but I can't find the url to block...

I search for it but it doesn't show up.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
Cloudmix Star
do you have any filter for sound effects?
the sound effects are based from whatever location your in like this one for barton town
http://s2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/zomg/05/sounds/barton_sounds.swf
this one for zen gardens
http://s2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/zomg/05/sounds/zengarden_sounds.swf
etc

so to block all sounds you'd need this filter http://*2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/zomg/*/sounds/*.swf

though i never mute sound when i play games, only the music so i haven't tested this one but it should work.
Somebody sticky this thread.

This thread is truly of the utmost importance 3nodding

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
I can't edit the last post but I tried to put on the sound filter but it didn't work emo
Blocking ring animations does help a lot. Thanks for the url to do that. I really wish the thing would just work like it should. It really shouldn't have been a Flash game to begin with. I guess they were just trying to make it on the cheap and as accessible to as many people as they could, but doing it that way made it run for crap. Flash was not made to handle graphics that need to be updated that fast. It just doesn't work. I guess they have fixes on the way for it, so I don't know what they're doing to help it, but a DL client for the game would be much better in the end, imo.

Questionable Noob

Works wonders as a quick fix before there eventually release the downloadable client. Anyone knows the url for enemy death animations?

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
BlackPear
Works wonders as a quick fix before there eventually release the downloadable client. Anyone knows the url for enemy death animations?
There is none. The monster animations are all tied to the entire monster animation itself. So you'd have to block monsters...and I don't know what that would do yet lol you'll probably end up getting hit by invisible monsters.

Centaur_of_Chaos
Sorry to be annoying, but I have searched adblock in google but I can't find how to use it. Yes, I have installed it. Yes, it works, but I can't find the url to block...

I search for it but it doesn't show up.

Oh sorry I edited the first post to include instructions on how to add them but I forgot to post sweatdrop

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
This is a LIFESAVER.
Removing music was perfect, that allowed me to run itunes in the background, now I'm taking off animations and hoping it kills the lag

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Thank you SO MUCH for this! No more intro video, ring animations (I miss my slash, but oh well, it's worth it!), or music that was good at first, but now is just irritating. heart heart heart

4,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
it doesn't work AT ALL for me crying
I use Firefox 3 so that might be the problem
and I put the correct URLs and I reloaded it
they still pop up
dennis321456
it doesn't work AT ALL for me crying
I use Firefox 3 so that might be the problem
and I put the correct URLs and I reloaded it
they still pop up
Are you using adblock or adblock plus? I tried adblock first and it didn't work. I upgraded to adblock plus and it works like a charm.
When I block the animations after awhile my avi will disappear. Anyone else with this problem?

4,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
If Only I Was A Slinky
When I block the animations after awhile my avi will disappear. Anyone else with this problem?

i have that problem too.....and the fact that it still lags..... emo

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
pepperLUVjude
If Only I Was A Slinky

Its supposed to help with lag not completely eliminate it razz

and yeah if you block animations your avatar will become invisible after a while but I don't suffer from that because I block avatars as well. I think it has to due to the fact that your one or more animations change/alter your avatar in a way and since the animation can't process it just removes your sprite (avatar). At least thats my guess.

Giver

pepperLUVjude
If Only I Was A Slinky

Meh then that means your PC or lap top probably needs some upgrading, and if it's new. Needs better RAM ect >_O...

I started with IE. It was terrible. If I was in a crew, playing my avatar would freeze, and if be seeing crap that i did five minutes ago. Id hear the deep breathing, still seeing the fight going on, my health full. Then once everything has FINALLY caught up with me i'm dazed and have to restart. Simply IE blows suckers when it comes to flash games.

I heard about this adblock plus but the only way to get it was to move to firefox. The reason why I never used it was because I typed on a lot of forms on different sites, and they only wanted HTML not what IE usually has. Now since i've blocked the music, avatars and stuff my game has moved a lot smother. It's not like crystal clear from lag but its helping so much to where I can actually attack things and not freeze up. Move around while im fighting, help defib my team mates sides going " Oh s**t I cant move! I have defib and I can't do anything!! " It sucked a lot, and mostly made me feel useless.

Now I can help out now, i've had no issues with it, if anything my game play has gotten better. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff