Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
First of all, no, Fitness isn't a passive skill in the strictest sense. Though I may be lacking a couple game titles under my belt, I have never had to equip a passive skill before. I love Fitness, I truly do but I had an idea. After the swelling went down and I woke from the coma from all the pain of having such an idea, I consulted the mad oracle, Valheita, and received the blessing to make this thread after the sacrifice of a few n00bs. They won't be missed.

ANYWAY...

The initial thing I want to do is to point out the flaw in the Ghi system. It is something that brings intimate knowledge of the basic flaw of MMOs, we are encouraged/sometimes forced to hang out with assholes. While we are social creatures, we are also rebellious things that tend to despise coercion, even/especially the passive aggressive kind. So what Ghi does is make you feel gimped if you lack at least five people in a crew or nag at the back of your head to hit Barton Town to refill so that it can dwindle out again and so on.

Those who wish to hiss at me, I shall ask how much time do you spend gaping at the screen waiting to find yet another couple warm bodies just to have enough Ghi to silence the nagging feeling that you aren't "100%"... Basically Ghi constantly fluctuates and it is annoying.

Sooooo, assuming you are still with me, I present my idea.

Upgradable Passive Buffs
Basically think of Ghi that you buy with orbs and it stays at that certain level until you level it again or it finally caps out. You don't have to chase down the perfect six people for a crew, you don't have to wander into Barton and then mill around for a few seconds before running all the way back to where you were so you can watch it dwindle off again.

The downside is that you don't get it all at once and it doesn't automatically level with you. You actually have to pay for it with orbs, leaving the responsibility of what to purchase when entirely up to you.

The upside is that you don't have to maintain it after it is purchased. You don't have to do a special crew jig or hit town. You just play with whatever crew number you like.

The bonuses would not exceed what we would get from normal levels of Ghi improvements, you just wouldn't have to constantly maintain the numbers by constantly hunting down warm bodies.

Sidenotes:
I would think that Fitness would simply stack as it does now, giving you a boost in return for a ring slot.

Soloing actually bores me, I tend to go with crews. I just hate the nagging feeling of wanting to max out my buffs and improvement rate by seeking out more warm bodies just for a boost I should be able to buy with orbs.

Possible Special Abilities
Alright, so we get the abilities to manually increase so we all have a basic improvement over all stats but what about specialization and going above the basics?

Well the mad oracle Val was talking about specializing and while that would be bad for my base idea, as an add on idea, it is brilliant. So going with that example, where he mentioned having three slots, you would have three slots for special abilities.

This stacks with the basic idea I posted above, a supplement. You would also be able to buy all the special abilities however you would only be able to equip three at a time thus specializing in the role/theme/ideal you choose.

Special abilities could include a fourth boost to basic stats, status effects, immunity to certain status effects, even elemental attacks or buff improvements.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Yes. All ideas must be run past the Oracle. Mwu-ha-ha-ha.

First and only concern would be newbies not knowing what to do with them. A problem which is easily fixable if they actually introduce it to the game as a mechanic. Which they didn't do with Suppression...

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Correction: Mad Oracle...

That is a good idea since it would need to be explained. I haven't done a new account in forever, is Ghi even explained now?

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
DeathWyrmNexus
Correction: Mad Oracle...

That is a good idea since it would need to be explained. I haven't done a new account in forever, is Ghi even explained now?
Not sure. I don't believe it's gone into in any great detail.
i used a guest they give you a solar ray teach you how to point and click and a lil about rage and then get kicked out of the sewers whit an extra random ring

i miss the old tutorial crying people learned more from that one

i also miss being able to pick out your first 3 rings and learning about attacking,healing and support wile doing so

Invisible Cat

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Interesting idea Upgradable Passive Buffs, I know I wouldn't mind paying with orbs now to get them but, to new people in the game that I think would be difficult since all orbs are going to help them level up. If they are spending orbs on buffs then it will just take longer to get out of an area... not that that's a bad thing. But, there are many people who would think that it's unfair.

People around Barton teach you about ghi and rings and all that, you just don't learn it down in the sewers anymore. Plus for taking the tests they will give you 100g.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I am kinda curious how people would think it unfair, orbs aren't hard to get at all. You personally decide which stats to raise. Hell, you could level luck first and get even more orbs to level the others and rings. I suppose somebody would always complain about something.

So the Ghi thing is explained in Barton. Alrighty then, thanks for clearing that up. biggrin
I like this idea, I always get frustrated when I look at my G'hi bar and I don't have much time to play so I can't get all the abilities anytime soon.
I think there is one problem, this will make the people get the abilities very fast and not play as much as the devs intend?
Took me 1 hour after reading to understand what you meant...

**** YES! It feels a bit frustrating that LMF's tree is dead (which was the main G'hi producer back then) or Barton Town Events were the only ways for me to gain a lot of G'hi through time. But I have 4k Orbs and would gladly spend them to get the final passive Buffs to gain more Orbs/Accuracy.
fyerolight
I like this idea, I always get frustrated when I look at my G'hi bar and I don't have much time to play so I can't get all the abilities anytime soon.
I think there is one problem, this will make the people get the abilities very fast and not play as much as the devs intend?

Unless there's a high Orb-cost to pay for the ultimate G'hi. People who are desperate for more Loot/Stats would gladly enjoy the benefits in the long run when using Hard SS Runs.

The reason why I made a hiatus on zOMG was that there wasn't much to go for except random-mini events, SS that was easy before the change, and Hive which I'm no good at.

Newbie Noob

That would be lots easier to max out all of my G'hi buffs. Especially considering the fact that I don't really care if I'm at 0 on my G'hi meter or not.

But actually orbs are hard to find when you're 2.0. Enemies don't drop that many orbs, even when they con green, or if you're in a crew, or if you have max G'hi. And getting the Angel set is sort of hard at 2.0. Repeatable tasks only give 2 orbs and 10 gold each in Bill's Ranch, so it takes forever to level up. Chain quests give a bit more, but not a significant difference.

In the long run, levelling up G'hi would be hard if you're at a low level, and I doubt new players would even know what "Will power" affects.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Well the skills would only rise as fast as you make them, so if they have a high cost to level for the higher tier skills, you would be farming for a long time. Besides, look at how many stats you have in game, add luck which isn't displayed, and then imagine trying to level all of them and rings.

Hell, even people who have all their ghi buffs and rings still play right? At least last time I checked and I don't intend for the skills to level up that fast.

Greedy Genius

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Maybe having boosts that trigger after you get to a certain TCL? I don't like how you have to use orbs to directly charge them up, and TCL has no real use...

Newbie Noob

SneakyShadows
Maybe having boosts that trigger after you get to a certain TCL? I don't like how you have to use orbs to directly charge them up, and TCL has no real use...

But that would basically be the same thing since TCL=number of orbs found, not including salvaged rings. And anyway, what about those people who have 20k+ TCL? If it were added in, would those people automatically max out with their boosts?

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
TalonOfDrangor
SneakyShadows

But that would basically be the same thing since TCL=number of orbs found, not including salvaged rings. And anyway, what about those people who have 20k+ TCL? If it were added in, would those people automatically max out with their boosts?

Which would do nothing. TCL does nothing now except say how much farming you've done.

If you pay for it with orbs, you control the level of improvement.

Again, I am going to state for SneakyShadows that TCL has NO value right now. It only shows how many orbs have dropped for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff