Welcome to Gaia! ::

It wasn't the servers failing to cycle, or the lack of updates except for DMS over the last 2 years, or even the long-ago announcement that ZOMG wasn't getting support any more...the hope still burned bright! And there were still newbs coming to play every day. Even without continuous support, ZOMG was living in my eyes.

But over the last two days, when doing DC runs, I noticed something strange...purple orbs languishing in several different levels. Evidently, when orb drops had been triggered, no one cared enough to scour the areas clean. That level of apathy was incredible.

The end of an era. cry

Familiar Lunatic

Let's put it out of its misery *stabsstabsstabitystabs* emotion_awesome

emo

Dangerous Player

hmmm yes, i can feel that zomg is dying, with so many ppl now at 12 or 10, no one wants to play anymore. there should be another update of somesort but then again getting past 12 now just seems ridiculas to play :l

IRL Cat

maybe people just don't need orbs

i sure as hell don't

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
curtneko

i sure as hell don't
Especially purple orbs. emotion_facepalm

Now if they where shorbs I bet those areas would be scoured to hell.

IRL Cat

dreamsk
curtneko

i sure as hell don't

and with that, a genius idea is born

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
I've been making a point of farming several different areas at several different CLs over the last week - VG, BB, Otami, etc., and while I don't see as many people as there used to be, I usually at least see someone.

I don't think I've seen a successful mini event for weeks though - Otami Pyres this afternoon I was one of two people on the layer. THAT is a bit problematic.

*shrug*

But at the same time, I see maybe 200 people at any given point playing Jigsaw, tops. Same or less on most of the other games. I'd guess zOMG at it's current use still merits "maintenance"?

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Or maybe everyone is in PS leveling up the easy way, or in DMS?
dreamsk
curtneko

i sure as hell don't

That's what I mean...the purple orbs have lost their luster. They used to be treasure, even for CL 10s, now they're trash.

And...I just had an idea for an April Fool's prank Gaia could play.

Shirtless Flatterer

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
I still value raising my tc just smeb and smob are the best way for doing it XD

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
OV8ION
dreamsk
curtneko

i sure as hell don't

That's what I mean...the purple orbs have lost their luster. They used to be treasure, even for CL 10s, now they're trash.

And...I just had an idea for an April Fool's prank Gaia could play.
Once I reached CL 10 on all my rings it just became a nuisance having 20k of them from smobbing/whatever since I couldnt do anything with them.

Is it a drag race?? Because thats my CAPCHA!
dreamsk
Once I reached CL 10 on all my rings it just became a nuisance having 20k of them from smobbing/whatever since I couldnt do anything with them.

Yeah, if it weren't for Alchemy rescuing them, the purple orbs were, are, old hat...so sad.
Quote:

Lol no. Picture this: On April 1st, orb drops are all shadow orb drops. Only those who have entered DMS can pick them off -- CL 10s have to shoot them several times, CL 12s only once. The rest of the players mill around in confusion, as they cannot even target the sorbs. The smugness level from DMS players is palpable. Boasts about how many snipes players get are already surfacing on the forums in the first 30 seconds.
But that's the first 30 seconds. After that, the tide turns. Now the shadow orbs are invulnerable to DMS players and only lower level players can target and score off them! Lowering levels does nothing. The orbs know who you are and refuse your blasts. Newbs gather hundreds which they cannot yet use, but they're happy to have a stash ready for when the time comes. Forums are boiling over with "IM CL 12 Y CANT I SCORE?"
muahahahah.

Of course it would never happen, even if it weren't revealed here, because of the insane amount of noise pissed off players would make.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
OV8ION
dreamsk

Yeah, if it weren't for Alchemy rescuing them, the purple orbs were, are, old hat...so sad.
Quote:

Lol no. Picture this: On April 1st, orb drops are all shadow orb drops. Only those who have entered DMS can pick them off -- CL 10s have to shoot them several times, CL 12s only once. The rest of the players mill around in confusion, as they cannot even target the sorbs. The smugness level from DMS players is palpable. Boasts about how many snipes players get are already surfacing on the forums in the first 30 seconds.
But that's the first 30 seconds. After that, the tide turns. Now the shadow orbs are invulnerable to DMS players and only lower level players can target and score off them! Lowering levels does nothing. The orbs know who you are and refuse your blasts. Newbs gather hundreds which they cannot yet use, but they're happy to have a stash ready for when the time comes. Forums are boiling over with "IM CL 12 Y CANT I SCORE?"
muahahahah.

Of course it would never happen, even if it weren't revealed here, because of the insane amount of noise pissed off players would make.
I think it'd be better if CL12's had to shoot multiple times and CL10's only needed one shot. As with the purple orbs for CL 10's, are shorbs for CL 12's not as valuable as they were when they were CL 10's. Though I wonder what proportion of people still playing are CL 12/10. I would figure more people are CL 11's and above, so if they had to shoot more that would certainly piss off more people than people who didn't care enough to do DMS when it opened a year ago and have stopped playing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff